Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking res?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DoARip, Oct 22, 2012.

1. [quote name='"DoARip"']

Whenever I clean out my pipes and bong I sell about 2 grams of resin to my friend for 15 bucks. He thinks it's hash or some shit :p[/quote]

Haha lol

2. My bong bowl cakes up pretty quickly so I resin hit it every now and then to clear it up a bit, nothing wrong with that

3. I smoke res whenever I clean my pipe out. It's a tradition, smoking and reminiscing on all the people I smoked with using my pipe.

So about once a year I smoke res.

Psyche

4. This was done last week. My yearly scrape. I took this pic for GC, this seems a good thread for it. I got more resin than that but I had already smoked a few bowls. I got high as fuck.

Psyche

Attached Files:

5. I personally don't mind hitting some resin. I used to think, you know, maybe I can wait, but, it's starting to hit the point where the wait can be over a week, which I'm not entirely used to. But, I really don't mind it; it's potent, it's tough, may taste a little bad, but it gets the job done, and that's the important part

6. [quote name='"mambugaw"']

Would you agree that a pile of ashes is a log?[/quote]

No actually i would not. When your burn something theres a chemical change so a pile of ashes is not a log, im not sayin i smoke "weed ashes" what i said is resin is just condensed smoke and its the same thing as what your smoking when your burning flowers

7. [quote name='"weedinseed"']

No actually i would not. When your burn something theres a chemical change so a pile of ashes is not a log, im not sayin i smoke "weed ashes" what i said is resin is just condensed smoke and its the same thing as what your smoking when your burning flowers[/quote]

No its not, read my previous reply to the thread. That is what res is

8. [quote name='"B EAZI"']

No its not, read my previous reply to the thread. That is what res is[/quote]

My weed doesnt melt it burns

9. I smoke resin out of a gravity bong and it tastes fine to me? I don't think it taste bad for some reason.......

10. [quote name='"B EAZI"']

it basically is tar. The trichs on the burn burn almost instantly that is touched by the flame, however, some do not. they kinda "melt" or turn into this wax that sticks to the plant material. the black gunk is that plant material because it burns at higher rate then the resin glands. So, that mixed with the "wax" of the trichs equal res in your bowls. Thats why when you heat your bowls to scrape it, it is very oily then hardens once it starts to cool. Its almost like a fucked up, beat down hash if you think about, haha.

B Eazi[/quote]

Not really.

You burn your herb in a bowl with a flame. Which fully combusts the material, turning it into ash and smoke.

The hot smoke condenses on the relatively colder glass it passes through and deposits on there. Condensation is the process of a gas going to a liquid.

That liquid is resin. The other 95 percent of the smoke that doesn't condense in the glass will pass on to your mouth, esophogus and lungs where even more will condense inside you.

Then you cough to free the shit from your mucus lining in your throat and lungs.

Resin is not tar. It has the same composition as the smoke you inhaled previously.

Of course, you will have go combust the resin again, which will degrade the cannabinoids in the resin (much like adding flame to weed degrades your cannabinoids), giving you higher ratios of inactive cannabinoids to actives. Which is what causes the very stoney feeling resin is known to give.

11. I do it. Shit, I gotta little ball rolled up right now that's sitting in some keif, tomorrow I'll put it in some shake and let it collect crystal goodness.