The Green Bastard Returns - 1500W of Awesome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by The Green Bastard, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Glad to see you returned man! You started the solo cup competition I tried awhile back.
    Haven't read the thread at all, will later when I'm not at work.

2. Nice Grrower, looking awesome! Pulling up a chair, packing a bowl and watching the festivities :bongin:

3. It's about 3:30am in my neck of the woods, just woke up from a self induced coma of Oxy, xanax and weed. Yesterday was a little rough, I had to put my pop, who has Parkinsons disease from Agent Orange, into a nursing home. It was especially tough since he raised me from a very small child. I coped the only way I know how... I got annihilated.

So, since I am up, I plan to go downstairs and work during lights out. I will close my light leaks quick and then start getting the second room up and running.

There really isnt a ton to be done, just an HID light, fan and thermometer to hook up. Then she's ready for heat and ventilation testing.

I also have a string to screen, but that might get put off for a day or two.

4. Life craps on you sometimes... Spend time in the garden and with the green, that other stuff does no good at all :/

5. I feel for you man. I had to put my hero in a rest home too.

6. It does however, make me feel good, even if for a short time. And feeling good, makes me feel good. :p

I couldnt have put it better myself. My pop is certainly my Hero and it hurts more than I ever could have imagined to watch him in such a condition.

Thank you for the kind words. ;)

7. Oh man are you ever hitting a nerve with me here man. For me it never gets any better I just think about it less.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Whats up Grrower,
    Sorry to hear about your pop. I see mine every 5-10 years since he took off when I was a kid. Kind of worked out cool for me in the long run I guess because I didnt get emtionally attached to him...my mom on the other hand, I cant imagine how it would feel. My hat is off to you man for keeping yourself up through it all.

More so, my thanks to your father for his service to our country (I assume thats where the agent orange came from).

9. Thanks everyone, I appreciate your kind words. :love: There's nothing to do but keep on keepin on.

On a lighter note... I managed to get the second flower room turned on yesterday. I still need to string a screen tonight, get that in place tomorrow, and close a few light leaks before they become an issue. 2 PE's and 2 BC's went in under a 400W HPS. Im one plant short of what I normally run, but hopefully the larger size of these girls will make up for some of the yeild.

Now that my veg area is cleaned out I need to do some massive transplanting. I gave 5 clones away to my one grow buddy but I still have 13+ rooted rootbound clones that need new homes fast. I guess its about time to take some more clones too. Im a little ahead of myself, but id rather he ahead than behind when I really need them. :rolleyes:

I have lots of ambition tonight but I did have other plans. I think Im going to blow off the plans and get my OP completely on track. Yeah, that sounds like the best idea I've had all day. :smoking:

Expect a video in a couple hours. Lights go out in 3 hours, so it wont be too long.

• Like Like x 1

10. That's right....you've got to get your priorities straight!:D

11. Unused ambition would just be a pure waste.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here's the latest and greatest, I passed out while it was uploading, lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNdcwke09xM]Looking Great - YouTube[/ame]

13. Whats up dude? The plants are lookin real nice.. I just harvested some Pineapple Express this evening. Great smoke for sure.

Love a good Scrog and your is lookin primo. Count me in.:metal::bongin:

14. Looking nice man!

15. Wow, I have to set up a scrog area soon. What a great growing technique.

16. #56 hemi4spd, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    ^ there are some disadvantages to Scrog.

Especially if the scrog is anchored to the room. I found individual scrogs(screen per plant) Eliiminates the disadvantages.

Great vid Grrower! Well on your way to cranking out pounds of bud.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Do you construct a frame for each one? Or drape the net over?

18. Some frame work is needed. If the screen is just draped the plant will push it off as it grows to the light.

Theses fuckkers push hard against the screen so it's gotta be anchored to either the walls, floor, or to the pot itself.

19. Was thinking building something out of 1x lumber. Cheap and easy. Thanks mate!

20. Yes and no...

I find that I must support the screen from above (hang it) so it does not crush the plants under the weight of the screen. As the grow progresses, the plants will push up and end up supporting the screen on their own.

I find the main reason to support the screen is to keep it in place so it doesnt start sliding to one side or another.

You need a frame. The frame keeps tension on the screen which in turn holds the branches just below the canopy.

I have yet to find a single disadvantage to a SCROG. You might be able to argue that it makes for difficult individual plant assessment, or locks you into a stationary position with your plants, but if you are running a solid strain(s) there is no need to ever move the plants.

I have yet to place a single plant under one of my 4x4 screens. It would take me 3-4 months to veg it fully into the screen. I dont have that kind of time to play with.

In fact, I dont even let the plants veg into the screen. I start flowering, then drop the screen right on top of them.

I find that SCROGing is by far the most efficient method of growing in a small space with limited light. I've tried SOG, natural growth, and lollipoping. Nothing works quite as good as a Screen.

Thanks MM, Im really pleased for a first run in a new space.

The PE is one of my favorites and a staple of my grow. It's a hell of a yeilder and quite potent on the couchlock side.

The Bubble Cheese is by far my favorite smoke of all time followed closely by the SourD. It just taste so good. It doesnt hit quite as hard as the PE but god damn does it taste good, even the bottom of the bowl taste spectacular.