The Green Bastard Returns - 1500W of Awesome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by The Green Bastard, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Wow!!! Interesting situation, managing rising water with how many watts of electricity in the room ? Damn dude, I am raising my beer right now to salute the efforts of The Green Bastard !! God Damnit! O.K. I'll calm down now.

2. That's what GFC's are for!

Hopefully...

3. Good luck to you. Hopefully you aren't challenged too much.....:smoking:...stokeley

4. Well I don't know. If I have to go down I want to down smoking.

5. You alright up there?

6. I made it! I didnt even have to pump any water. Ive been busting ass all day to get the second flower room fired up, but i did manage to get a new video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0j3h8DmAiM]I survived the hurricane - YouTube[/ame]

7. Right on, the green bastard survived!

8. The plants look great man, i may try a scrog in one of my upcoming grows.

9. Glad to see that you pulled through it over there!:wave: Nice update to!! Im hoping that I can get next screen to fill in better than my current run.

10. Im gone sit back and learn. Man makes a come back and survives a
    hurricane, and still growing killer bud. Just made hero status in my book

• Like Like x 1
  11. :smoking:

I have found that a SCROG is the most efficient way to grow with limited light.

Just keep tucking and trimming, she will fill.

haha, thanks bud. :wave:

12. I just gotta keep watchin and see how it's done

13. The idea is to create an even canopy. minimizing height yet increasing surface area. It takes constant attention to pull off a successful SCROG but I find that my yeild increases 50% or more vs. just letting the plants go naturally.

14. Wow 50%, did you gain that right away or did you have to practice your technique? Also, do you think you get more of the larger flowers and less small ones?

15. Yeah, in this scrog I got going rigt now, the canopy is as even as I have ever been able to keep it. I just ended up with a nice hole that could have been filled with more colas and buds if I had topped one of the plants. I left both completely intact this time because last time I topped my girls, I ended up overcrowding my little tent. Next time Im just gonna go for it again...

16. Cool, I gotta try this.

17. There is an immediate increase in numbers that is quite substantial, with practice you can achieve 1GPW. My best numbers ever were 1.08GPW with a single 400W HPS. I consistently pull 0.7-0.8 GPW.

Im pretty sure I can hit 1GPW again with a room full of PE, the BC would be harder to pull off as it isnt as much of a yeilder.

18. Grrower!!! Holy shit! Thought you went dark for good! Welcome back, and happy grrowing!

19. Wow I can't wait to see what your yields are on this grow.

20. Hey old friend, long time no chat :wave:. Its good to be back.

These plants went in smaller than I would have liked, Im hoping for 8 oz, that would make me happy, although its not the numbers I should be hitting. I would imagine it will take me another two runs before I hit my ideal numbers.