Did I just open my third eye...?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by fishnax, Oct 19, 2012.

1. While the concept of the third eye may not exist be present in earlier traditions as it is now, there is the concept of the tenth gate which is somewhat similar.

2. that's just the thing though. Similar is a slippery slope and leads to all these weird new age beliefs

Part of the point of enlightenment if I'm not.mistaken, is to not buy into materialism

I think tthis third eye thing is counter intuitive to enlightenment

-yuri

3. I actually think it's pretty valid. These kind of things evolve and change over time, but they are useful in many ways. The third eye idea isn't counterintuitive, but it doesn't necessarily have to be useful either. It's just another concept that has it's merits and demerits in the context of true insight into the nature of mind and reality.

4. The thing is, the point of enlightenment is nothing other than being intimately a part of reality and unaffected by suffering. Concepts of any type have nothing to do with enlightenment. Whether it's materialism or the opposite. We use concepts as mediation between reality and the self to produce understanding. Enlightenment is to have direct insight without the need for concepts.

5. There should be no effort of will on your part.  There is no efforting, it's not ultimately your decision.  You relax your will/desire/effort into the nothing, and then it takes you..  Submit completely. 

6. I just opened mine over the toilet then wiped.

7. maybe u should get ure head outta ure ass  :poke:  :wave:

8. I'm awakened. I know what's going on and am just awake.

I felt energy just rushing to my head(third eye). When I closed my eyes all I saw was white Light. It was one of those highs where you come up with a thought and just kinda forget it because the thoughts just keep coming.

Very in the moment.

I felt alot of energy and kind of felt like someone else was in my body( inner self idk how to explain it)...hard to describe. Very spiritual. I talk to myself when sober, self talk.When I'm high by myself I talk to myself sort of contemplating the thoughts out loud having a conversation, one thing leads to another.

There was a point where for 5 minutes I was just thinking and starting to get paranoid and i remembered a quote saying that thinking is being in the past so i shifted to being in the moment and it was my happiest high ever. If something came to my mind i said it out loud no matter how weird it sounded to myself sometimes i would laugh and i realized how connected i was to myself. Maybe my subconscious? Apart of being your best self you have to say what's funny to yourself, not caring about anyone else's opinion. It was doing inside jokes with myself....no pun intended.

Reminds me of how I flirted with this girl in school, we would talk in the lunchroom waiting for food for 10-15 minutes. Flirting, always flirting, I would always be in the moment saying whatever witty thing came to my mind. I wouldn't remember the whole conversation because that's how in the moment i was. I would remember parts but it was just natural, it was never awkward between us, light hearted, amazing chemistry.

Your probably going to say i was High as shit but its difficult to explain. It's like you could choose to think or be in the moment. Whenever i would think i would feel like I'm tuning out of reality and focusing on the conversation with myself.

Like my friend would call and i would only focus on what he was saying, that's it.

ANYWAYS I probably sound like a nut lol but this is the best i could explain it. It was an amazing experience. My friend who recently had a bad high he said it was the highest he's been and couldn't stop thinking, thoughts would come you would grab on to one thought and just forget it and let it go and grab the next one. Also saying it was like a mushroom high. HE'S been smoking for 3 years and ALOT. My high seemed similar to his except mine was more positive and This is off MY FIRST EIGHTH OF CHERRY KUSH!

IT TOOK ME ONE BIG ASS VAPE HIT TO GET TO HIS EXPERIENCE.

That's why I think smoking huge amounts is useless and wasteful. Wiz Kalifa is a Tool.My friend always brags about how high he is like he's macho or something, that's how my other best friend is to. They smoke bud just to get high. They're both ignorant sheep who are unaware of what's going on in the world and both love wiz KALIFA.

Hopefully someone responds

9. My brown eye is about to open and deposit some nuggets of wisdom

10. I noticed a trend here of people claiming divine experience when getting extremely high

Or in otherwords, people knowingly ingest large amounts of brain effecting drugs then assume what they are seeing is real

Its like a literal wtf

-yuri

11. I'm not sure I know about the third eye or enlightenment but I do meditate regularly and would like to share my experience.

To me, being mindful or awake IS enlightenment. Through regular practice, we experience fleeting moments of what I call "Kosmetikos". And the more we practice, the longer these episodes can last. To me, my goal with meditation is to extend these periods for as long as possible. First, I will try to desribe my regular medition experience. Then if anyone is actually interested, I'll share some of the specifics I use to practice.

I regularly experience what I call "Kosmetikos". I have been so diciplined with my meditation that I can actually thrive in this state for ongoing periods of time. The experience is fantastic and hard to describe. But I'll try.

Kosmetikos is an awakeness. An awareness. A state where you feel absolutely whole and full. It's a feeliing, a knowing, that every single things is unfolding exactly as it's supposed to. A knowing that all the mistakes you've made and BS you've been through were necessary to get you to this exact moment. It's a state of gratitude, where you feel blessed by both your successes and failures. It's a feeling that everything is ok. That you are ok. That you are enough. It's connection. It's expansion. Kosmetikos is wholeness and harmony. Seeing "The Big Picture".  Everything ordered and arranged so that you can rise to your higest vibration, mentally, spiritually, and - No Joke - physically and literally. I found my meaning though meditation. I have found profound joy in this state of meditation. So much so, that I have made it my "thing" to interact with my physical surroundings to order and arrange my lifestyle to literally recreate these feelings of joy and bliss.

I have transformed every-single-area-of-my-life this way. Physically, mentally and spiritually, I have had a complete makeover. (I look better than ever too, HA!)

I've overcome life-threating physical illness, decade-long OCD and agoraphobia, severe alcoholism, financial ruin, etc.. I also quit smoking 6 months ago (yay, me!) I have a lot to be grateful for. Really, Life Is Good. But I still suffer. Not because life is bad but because I am human. I've learned that you can not erradicate suffering. However, when you achieve balance, you can relax in a state where all of your needs are met and you have everything you need. Wanting and craving ceases. You feel full. Whole. Wholeness is what to strive for, NOT perfection. Perfection is a myth.

Anyway, I know I sound crazy, but I learned all this through mindful meditation. It's learning to "Live in the moment" for longer and longer stretches of time until it consistantly becomes your way of life. If you tend to whatever is obvious in each moment (a thought, a conversation, a flower... the dishes) then everything is always taken care of. You're not dwelling in the past or fretting over the "what if's" of the future.

BTW, you can't simply get high and gain access to tese amazing experiences. It is a dicipline that takes a lot of practice. It's never giving up. It's begining over and over again, every time your mind wanders off. It's letting your thoughts and judgments pass by like leaves on a stream so you can engage and expand in your current awareness. It's a state of savoring what's in front of you.

This state is not elusive, it just takes lots of practice. It's become my way of life and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

I hope someone here can relate. I feel very blessed that, at 42, I feel I have found true joy and meaning. And I can carry with me and expand upon this wisdom indefinately. Wholeness is achieved through tending to the obvious in all areas of life (think of a wellness wheel - work, play, finances, heigyne, house chores, etc..) I feel it is purpose to interact with my surroundings to achieve complete harmony.

Namaste :)

Don't mean to dog on you but this is one of the most sensible things I've seen you post.

13. yea.

Its hard but sometimes I am able to dumb my genius down enough to make sense to the masses.

Ill get better at it

-yuri

You're very humble! :laughing:

15. There is no point to enlightenment. When is happens, it is.

Materialism exist only in our minds. When a certain level of awareness is experienced, one then can begin to examine the focus of our thoughts and intentions. Within that examination, one can begin to understand that with all the attention that socitey has placed on external inadiment objects, we, as individuals, automatically lose focus on ourself and each other.

As a byproduct of connecting with ourself and others, we begin to transform our thoughts and attention to what really matters - Life. and more importantly - LOVE.

---

Some individuals believe that opening the "third eye" leads to enlightenment and I've also heard that others believe that the act of opening the third eye is enlightenment. Both are true. However, this level of awareness should not be the goal. Obtaining balnce and peace in every aspect of one's life should be a continual state of being. Depending on many factors, out of our control, one may begin to become more aware.

Our thoughts and attention should gravitate towards Loving and Accepting our Self.

E

16. You can't really 'open' your third eye. It's a gland. The whole "third eye" thing was made up to bring in money. Its just a bandwagon..
    You probably just became more intune with yourself. People always seem to get that mixed up.

17. if you have to ask then no. but no, just being aware is not opening the third eye. its not even beginning of a spiritual awakening, its like beginning of being aware of the fact you were diluded. Much more work until you begin the journey, and longer after that until it is opened.

18. The best way to describe a 3rd eye opening or activating experience might be something like this.

The Candle in the Dark
    Imagine that you are in a completely dark room. You've been told that in this room lives a very large snake. As you sit in the room, you can see its silhouette and you feel great fear as you contemplate the potential for it to bite you at any moment. But one day there is a flash of light which illuminates the room and you see that what looked like a snake is in reality a rope. Although the flash of light was momentary, it gave you a glimpse of the truth. All of a sudden your long-held fear vanished entirely, and your experience in the room was never the same ever again.

This is what a mystical experience feels like: It is like a flash of truth that releases you from your limited sense of self and gives you a taste of a reality that somehow feels more real. Some say its short bursts natural dmt release in the brain some say its signs of activation.

These happen often for me especially with Cannabis.

• Like Like x 1