Did I just open my third eye...?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by fishnax, Oct 19, 2012.

1. So I've been meditating sober for the past couple weeks and decided to try it when I was high. I came down from a massive high last night and was tired as hell but decided to meditate anyways. I listened to my usual guided meditation clip and after only a few minutes I felt like I was inside my mind. There was a powerful, almost tickling sensation right in the center of my eyebrows where my pineal gland/6th chakra would be. The nothingness you normally see with your eyes closed surrounded me and shapes started being formed. I felt like I could manipulate this darkness into anything I wanted through pure will. The sensation of "being" in my mind felt incredible, like I could throw myself into my own lucid dream if I tried. I think I slowly slipped out of this state though and went back to relaxation because I kept focusing on my pineal gland from how strange of a sensation it gave me.

Anyone else have an experience similar to this?

2. Sounds like you basically did it.
    Did you feel yourself lift out of your body?
    How quickly did it take you to get there and what clip did you listen to?

Meditation intrigues me. Especially when you can have DMT type breakthroughs and experience intelligence unknown.

3. #3 fishnax, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    I've been using this clip for the past couple weeks. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW4nyzXPDbE]Universal Mind Meditation {Guided Meditation} - YouTube[/ame]

Only took a few minutes to get me to this state. I made it 40 minutes in and then I just started getting lost in my mind and barely feeling awake so I stopped haha I did see some drifting visions during the meditation but this third eye feeling definitely trumped it all. I always get this immense shiver sensation at least once per session which feels kind of unusual to me. I do get the sensation of lifting out of my body quite often but I never completely do it. I'm convinced there's a part of me that keeps holding it back. In due time though ^^

Oh forgot to say I've been doing a little finger excercise where you tap the back of your head to help activate your pineal gland. Dunno if this actually works or not but it's possible it could've helped?

4. Hey man thats awesome! I don't know too much about unlocking your third eye and its potentials but it sounds like you must have activated that to see things vividly.

I can often visualize things in my mind solely through cannabis, so add that with meditation and Im sure some crazy things could happen.

Side note: When i visualize things high(cannabis), its literally random (elephants, Mickey Mouse, stuffed animal, gold trophy, etc its just random ass shit i dont choose) but these items always appear on somewhat of a pedestal and rotate 360 degrees continually until it changes or faded. Anyone have similar experiences? My visualizations(eyes closed) are not very vivid; faint colors everywhere in an indescribable fashion, yet almost complete blackness; but i can always make out things...

5. You opened your japs eye!? Fuck that man be well sore

6. I remember my first hit.

7. No. You saw visions on your closed eyelids, but that's it.

Opening your third eye clarifies what you see around you. you understand why most things are happening, and how best to resolve conflicting situations. It's equivalent to paying full attention to what's going on at all times. Some call it living in the moment.

8. To be fair it's far from developed. The sensation of feeling my pineal gland/third eye was definitely there. Maybe I just entered a new stage of meditation. Either way I'm gettin closer :p

9. I want to do this.

10. [quote name='"fishnax"']To be fair it's far from developed. The sensation of feeling my pineal gland/third eye was definitely there. Maybe I just entered a new stage of meditation. Either way I'm gettin closer :p[/quote]

Well I dontknow exactly what you did, just sounds like heavy meditation and your getting deep. But please don't corrupte your efforts and gains from meditating by developing pride. Not saying that you will, but I've known people who made spirituality into a sort of competition to prove showplace spiritualy awesome you are, or how you're unique and "different" than others. For some reason that one happens a lot, but anyway,

I agree with CKtony that opening your third eye is a metaphor for how you live your life, not an unseen eye that sees visions or something..

I've seen images while meditating also, I figure its from changing your brain to sleep mode while being conscious from meditation. Its definitely cool lol

11. I definitely wouldn't get cocky about anything spiritual. The reason I'm so excited is because I wasn't even intending to reach such a stage of meditation and it happened so suddenly. I do believe our pineal gland has a special ability/understanding that we can't understand or develop unless we really try. The sensation i felt where my pineal gland was was definitely there. As far as visions go I've never experienced anything like that in my life but I do believe it's possible to see things that others can't see with proper meditation/training.

12. I don't know man, pics or it never happened.

13. [quote name='"fishnax"']

I definitely wouldn't get cocky about anything spiritual. The reason I'm so excited is because I wasn't even intending to reach such a stage of meditation and it happened so suddenly. I do believe our pineal gland has a special ability/understanding that we can't understand or develop unless we really try. The sensation i felt where my pineal gland was was definitely there. As far as visions go I've never experienced anything like that in my life but I do believe it's possible to see things that others can't see with proper meditation/training.[/quote]

A scholar once visited a Zen master in order to learn. He went to the master's house for tea. The master took his cup, and filled it up, then kept on pouring, even though it was overflowing. Finally, the scholar said, "Stop! That is enough." The master responded, "Like this cup, you are full of your own opinions and ideas."

Don't have expectations when you meditate. They fill your mind up.

14. #14 dankydankk, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
    [quote name='"fishnax"']

I definitely wouldn't get cocky about anything spiritual. The reason I'm so excited is because I wasn't even intending to reach such a stage of meditation and it happened so suddenly. I do believe our pineal gland has a special ability/understanding that we can't understand or develop unless we really try. The sensation i felt where my pineal gland was was definitely there. As far as visions go I've never experienced anything like that in my life but I do believe it's possible to see things that others can't see with proper meditation/training.[/quote]

Well yes definitely I agree, I think everyone has some natural psychic ability, some more than others, but that meditation can help you delve into this untapped side of us.how vivid was your vision? Like a movie? Acid? A dream? Or those colors and shapes you sometimes see while meditating turn to outlines but it wasn't really vivid?

The only reason I mentioned the pride thing was just to have it in your mind, I know once you develop your spiritual side, you may feel a sort of sense that others are different somehow, since there totally oblivious to everything and live life typically,
    I knowp I did and I had to really meditate on not becoming cynical or cocky, and to continue to believe that i still know absolutely nothing more than anyone else.

15. No you didnt open your third eye. Theres exercises to do it and it takes weeks. Look it up.

16. The first thing that popped in my mind when it hapened was that this is probably how WILD's typically happen (wake-induced lucid dream). From what I've read and heard about, the things I experienced don't fit the third eye category, but the feeling of this extra sense was there. A sensation I never felt before yet I knew exactly where it was.
    I've kinda felt that feeling of feeling different from others after starting this little spiritual journey I've been doing. I always want to tell everyone that the world isn't the way it seems, but I've become very self-aware in making sure everyone follows their own ways and figures it out for themselves.

17. [quote name='"fishnax"']

The first thing that popped in my mind when it hapened was that this is probably how WILD's typically happen (wake-induced lucid dream). From what I've read and heard about, the things I experienced don't fit the third eye category, but the feeling of this extra sense was there. A sensation I never felt before yet I knew exactly where it was.
    I've kinda felt that feeling of feeling different from others after starting this little spiritual journey I've been doing. I always want to tell everyone that the world isn't the way it seems, but I've become very self-aware in making sure everyone follows their own ways and figures it out for themselves.[/quote]

Precisely, to you or I , others views or problem may seem sooo off because their perspective on life and focus is on such minuscule events of daily life. But as you've learned already, you kinda have to let people do their own thing even if you don't agree with it.

But your meditation experiences sounds as if yyou were actually dreaming, their are those who meditate so deeply that their able to separate from our reality (dreaming) while remaininh conscious. With most ppl, in order to astral project or LD, you must sleep a couple hours so that your brain waves get deep enough, then you have to remember it. But some like I just described, are able to consciously dream without going to sllep. Its a psychic and spiritual aspect, and if I was to read you astrological birth chart I wouldn't be surprised to find an indicator of meditative or dream focused pyschic ability.

If so it would suggest an above average ability to receive Messages ( not necessarly premonitions), make contact, or enter higher realms of consciousness, using our dream/meditative mind.

I have one indicator of it in my chart, that's why I know about it a lot lol

18. the opening of the third in my opinion is a subjective indescribable experience, I don't know if people on the internet can tell you if you've elevated YOUR mind.

19. I've been interested about meditation for a while but now I'm wary of it, after doing some reading. it may have negative side effects. at least kudalini. sounds like some shit from mortal kombat.

mindfulness meditation seems like a great thing however. ultimately I'm striving to free my mind from the obsessions of the ego and allow pure love and pure joy to pervade my existence.

however chakras and third eyes are just not my cup of tea.

20. sounds like youre going the right way man!!