"Your membership is valid for one full year, starting on the day of purchase."

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by 221010, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. But then I wouldn't be as helpful anymore. :(

2. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Again lol, outside of sharing a name. Shop and forum may as well be on different planets....

The shop even offers products that can not be discussed on the forum lol[/quote]

Another thing the operators should be looking at clarifying - because this isn't obvious. And because it isn't obvious - the slow lead times on membership still resonate badly on the store.

[quote name='"junkiedays"']

I've rarely seen it take more than a day or two unless there was an issue with the order. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. :confused_2:[/quote]

I'm on day four :) And I read some guy commenting on how it can take a week.

[quote name='"SIRSOG"']Also, have you taken every avenue to fix it? Such as entering a shop ticket :p[/quote]

I've submitted a ticket on the forums, after reading an admin's comment on someone elses' post suggesting that anyone whose membership hasn't been activated do so.

--

Improvement is never a bad thing. Consider the business philosophy Kaizen, continuous improvement - used by Toyota and others. Any small step towards higher efficiency is a good step.

3. [quote name='"KforG"']

Another thing the operators should be looking at clarifying - because this isn't obvious. And because it isn't obvious - the slow lead times on membership still resonate badly on the store.

I'm on day four :) And I read some guy commenting on how it can take a week.

I've submitted a ticket on the forums, after reading an admin's comment on someone elses' post suggesting that anyone whose membership hasn't been activated do so.

--

Improvement is never a bad thing. Consider the business philosophy Kaizen, continuous improvement - used by Toyota and others. Any small step towards higher efficiency is a good step.[/quote]

Again, to repeat. Preaching to the wrong choir

I have no part in the business of the gc shop lol, I'm a forum moderator

4. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Again, to repeat. Preaching to the wrong choir

I have no part in the business of the gc shop lol, I'm a forum moderator[/quote]

I'm not expecting you to fix it all - but I'm hoping someone who can make a difference will either read this, or be fed the information from a subordinate who agrees with the general consensus that something could be done here :) Whether it be simply allowing moderators to do membership upgrades, or providing a warning on the shop page that it could take up to X days, :)

5. And a meat popsicle.

Sorry it's taking a little extra time for ya, KforG. I'm sure it will be taken care of soon. :cool:

6. [quote name='"KforG"']

I'm not expecting you to fix it all - but I'm hoping someone who can make a difference will either read this, or be fed the information from a subordinate who agrees with the general consensus that something could be done here :) Whether it be simply allowing moderators to do membership upgrades, or providing a warning on the shop page that it could take up to X days, :)[/quote]

they have the information, you aren't the first person to suggest such things

However us mods will never be performing shop duties, not gonna repeat that one lol since its been regurgitated like 6 times hahahahahaha

7. SIRSOG, can you help me out with my shop order?

8. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

And a meat popsicle.

Sorry it's taking a little extra time for ya, KforG. I'm sure it will be taken care of soon. :cool:[/quote]

A meat popsicle?

Its like 70 degrees in my apartment, am I fucking melting???? Aaaaah

9. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

SIRSOG, can you help me out with my shop order?[/quote]

Yes, first wire me some cash lol

10. I... but... I thought you would pay for it for me?

11. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

And a meat popsicle.

Sorry it's taking a little extra time for ya, KforG. I'm sure it will be taken care of soon. :cool:[/quote]

Hahaha.
    Thanks mate, I'm sure it'll be sorted :)

[quote name='"SIRSOG"']

they have the information, you aren't the first person to suggest such things

However us mods will never be performing shop duties, not gonna repeat that one lol since its been regurgitated like 6 times hahahahahaha[/quote]

If they already have the info, that's some pretty lax management - hope they aren't taking their success for granted. And just remember that the people providing feedback and suggestions are isolated - we have no idea how many times something has been suggested and we like to feel like there's some remote chance that someone will take action to improve based on our feedback :)

12. As an addition, if some admin sees this and goes to do my membership upgrade, feel free to do my namechange too :) I know its low priority, but feel free ;)

13. [quote name='"KforG"']

Hahaha.
    Thanks mate, I'm sure it'll be sorted :)

If they already have the info, that's some pretty lax management - hope they aren't taking their success for granted. And just remember that the people providing feedback and suggestions are isolated - we have no idea how many times something has been suggested and we like to feel like there's some remote chance that someone will take action to improve based on our feedback :)[/quote]

Membership purchases are up to 30 bucks, and only a small handful of people have them

Meanwhile I'm sure gc sells more 150 dollar bongs in a day than it does memberships in a few weeks.....

and generally shop related issues don't go on the forum hahahahah that's part of the separation (look at the title of this section, doesn't say shop hehehe)

14. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Membership purchases are up to 30 bucks, and only a small handful of people have them

Meanwhile I'm sure gc sells more 150 dollar bongs in a day than it does memberships in a few weeks.....

and generally shop related issues don't go on the forum hahahahah that's part of the separation (look at the title of this section, doesn't say shop hehehe)[/quote]

Well one thing is for sure - if the shop is taking my membership purchase for granted, they sure as hell aren't getting any custom from me for orders involving bigger amounts of money. I'll stick to the other online headies that I know will treat me like a human being, not just customer #18373. Public relations are very important, and can be hugely affected at every avenue.

Again, the separation isn't that visible. If they're so separate, perhaps they should undertake a rebrand to make that obvious. If they're going to kick and scream and insist that they're totally separate, they shouldn't be so confusing in the first place.

Again, for clarification, I'm not whining to you - I'm appreciative for you volunteering your time to help run the forum :) !

15. [quote name='"KforG"']

Well one thing is for sure - if the shop is taking my membership purchase for granted, they sure as hell aren't getting any custom from me for orders involving bigger amounts of money. I'll stick to the other online headies that I know will treat me like a human being, not just customer #18373. Public relations are very important, and can be hugely affected at every avenue.

Again, the separation isn't that visible. If they're so separate, perhaps they should undertake a rebrand to make that obvious. If they're going to kick and scream and insist that they're totally separate, they shouldn't be so confusing in the first place.

Again, for clarification, I'm not whining to you - I'm appreciative for you volunteering your time to help run the forum :) ![/quote]

Lol I don't think you're whinin man, you make good points haha

When I ordered my bong the order went through the same day, I've ordered a nug jug that took almost a week, so I know its something that happens. I have no idea what kind of order stress gc gets though, or how many people work for the shop hahaha so there is also that

16. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Lol I don't think you're whinin man, you make good points haha

When I ordered my bong the order went through the same day, I've ordered a nug jug that took almost a week, so I know its something that happens. I have no idea what kind of order stress gc gets though, or how many people work for the shop hahaha so there is also that[/quote]

Good, haha. Yeah, I know there'll be reasons - and frankly I'm not too bothered, I'd just like to hope the GC owners aren't negligent and will take action to correct issues which I deem as totally unacceptable from a management perspective (as I know MANY customers would be pretty darn frustrated) :smoke:
    Here's hoping someone appropriate sees this :)

17. It starts on the day it is activated.

...and I responded to your forum ticket and asked for the order number, without it, I can't check on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.