"Your membership is valid for one full year, starting on the day of purchase."

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by 221010, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there

"Your membership is valid for one full year, starting on the day of purchase."

Since the admins take a long time to actually activate the membership - should the membership not actually be valid from the day of activation? I understand the admins are busy, but there should either be more admins OR different policy to account for the lack of admins - especially when money is involved.

2. I believe, I'm not 100% positive, that the year timer activates when you are added to the member group.

It only makes sense to me that it would work that way because I think it automatically takes you out from the forum side of things, not the shop side...

But, again, I'm not positive

3. Thanks for that.

Still waiting for my membership to be activated..

4. [quote name='"KforG"']Thanks for that.

Still waiting for my membership to be activated..[/quote]

Unfortunately us mods can't do that, or I would :/

5. Think of it as eBay. You'll get your shit when someone feels like it. :) heh.

6. Hmm, there seems to be quite a bit of inefficiency in the management of GC. Its a shame. It'd be nice to see the city reach its full potential, which could only be achieved by a well motivated, SUFFICIENT in sized management team. I cant imagine why the moderators aren't entrusted with tasks like this?

Oh well:/

7. [quote name='"KforG"']Hmm, there seems to be quite a bit of inefficiency in the management of GC. Its a shame. It'd be nice to see the city reach its full potential, which could only be achieved by a well motivated, SUFFICIENT in sized management team. I cant imagine why the moderators aren't entrusted with tasks like this?

Oh well:/[/quote]

Well you're preaching to the wrong choir lol, the shop and forum are completely separate entities.

we do absoutely nothing for the shop, we moderate the forum

8. The obvious setup would be to have some sort of automatic forwarding of the details of subscription purchases to forum staff in order for them to process the requests.

I'm not actually too bothered by it, but it just does baffle me as to why it isn't all set up a bit better :)

9. [quote name='"KforG"']

The obvious setup would be to have some sort of automatic forwarding of the details of subscription purchases to forum staff in order for them to process the requests.

I'm not actually too bothered by it, but it just does baffle me as to why it isn't all set up a bit better :)[/quote]

We still, as mods, I dunno about super mods, don't have the power to change peoples user groups. The admins are involved in both the shop and forum, the mods are solely the forum as its already a huge load of work to be done with this large community

If we were also processing shop issues the forum would suffer

10. Super mods don't have that power either.

Only administrators have the ability to change someone over to a paid member.

11. The permissions for the moderator usergroup could surely be changed - I haven't used vB in years but from memory it can be done :)

And if the mods would be overworked, surely the team needs to be expanded. Its not fair to be overworking moderators - the job can be tough sometimes, it should be made as easy as possible for you :)

Personally, if it takes a little while - no major deal. But if it were my forum, I'd deem anything over a day or two average for processing memberships absolutely unacceptable - and I'd take corrective measures to ensure that my community, and staff - were happy and not feeling taken for granted. The forum is absolutely the shop's greatest marketing tool, and they have a vested interest in keeping everything working like a well oiled machine :)

12. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Super mods don't have that power either.

Only administrators have the ability to change someone over to a paid member.[/quote]

Yea I didn't think they did. Just didn't quite know.

JD would though haha, you old retired super mod you lol

13. [quote name='"KforG"']

The permissions for the moderator usergroup could surely be changed - I haven't used vB in years but from memory it can be done :)

And if the mods would be overworked, surely the team needs to be expanded. Its not fair to be overworking moderators - the job can be tough sometimes, it should be made as easy as possible for you :)

Personally, if it takes a little while - no major deal. But if it were my forum, I'd deem anything over a day or two average for processing memberships absolutely unacceptable - and I'd take corrective measures to ensure that my community, and staff - were happy and not feeling taken for granted. The forum is absolutely the shop's greatest marketing tool, and they have a vested interest in keeping everything working like a well oiled machine :)[/quote]

Expanding the team requires people appropriate for the team though.

Also, we aren't staff, we are volunteers. No pay checks involved lol :p I guess were still staff haha but its not a job its out of our want to keep gc's forum functional

14. I think everyone is aware by now that there is a need for more moderators on here, but it's not easy on a forum like this where trust is absolutely crucial.

I don't really think there is much need to allow moderators to change user groups, though. I don't think GC is getting hundreds or even dozens of membership purchases per day, the admins can handle the amount of purchases just fine. Is it really that big of a deal if it takes a day or two sometimes? :p

15. Yeah, understood - finding the right volunteers for the job isn't easy, but I'm sure every avenue hasn't been exhausted in an effort to make the membership's activation time reasonable. It also resonates poorly on the shop - people are less likely to order when their single previous order took a week to process.
    While we're on the subject, thank you for your hard work in maintaining the forum!

16. [quote name='"KforG"']

Yeah, understood - finding the right volunteers for the job isn't easy, but I'm sure every avenue hasn't been exhausted in an effort to make the membership's activation time reasonable. It also resonates poorly on the shop - people are less likely to order when their single previous order took a week to process.
    While we're on the subject, thank you for your hard work in maintaining the forum![/quote]

Again lol, outside of sharing a name. Shop and forum may as well be on different planets....

The shop even offers products that can not be discussed on the forum lol

17. I've rarely seen it take more than a day or two unless there was an issue with the order. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. :confused_2:

18. Also, have you taken every avenue to fix it? Such as entering a shop ticket :p

19. ^ I think the reasonable thing would be to state 2-3days on the purchase form so as not to confuse the customer which leads to unnecessary discussions and overworked "volunteers" wasting time answering questions that could have been avoided with a simple "honest" estimate.:devious::p

20. [quote name='"pokesmot247"']

^ I think the reasonable thing would be to state 2-3days on the purchase form so as not to confuse the customer which leads to unnecessary discussions and overworked "volunteers" wasting time answering questions that could have been avoided with a simple "honest" estimate.:devious::p[/quote]

Its not wasted time if productive conversation occurs haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.