Biggest yielding strain??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gangabudd, Oct 16, 2012.

1. [quote name='"pokesmot247"']

Yeah, I usually pull 1lb dry on most my plants indoors under that light, this plant was closer to 2lbs, heavy, tight buds. I create my own hybrids by crossing my favorite strains. Was thinking of crossing this with my orange/citrus bud I created by crossing a sour d plant with some weird bagseed plant I grew. The bagseed plant smelled like chili powder or chilibeans, it was weird, but when I crossed it, I got the most tasty orange bud I ever tasted. It has orange hairs, smells like a fresh cut orange and smokes sooo smoothe. I want to try crossing this orange with strawberry to get a nice yielding orange. No one locally has anything near this and it's a big hit with everyone.

Also got a few strains from Canada (free) from peekseeds(search the forums) and am going to cross what looks like blueberry with my high yielding bubba kush plant.[/quote]

So you usually just grow the 1 plant under the 600w light and in what size are and what medium , nutrients, PH and EC

2. #22 rain dancer, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    I almost never measure ph(never have to), but when I do, it's in the 6.7-.8 range.

I grow 4-6 plants under a 600w. Also grow other plants in there (avacado tree currently). All I do in my life is garden. I have 8 gardens on my property, I grow my own redworms for vermicompost and rabbits (meat/manure) and most of my families daily veges.

I use fox farm ocean forest as the starting medium, but I brew my own organic teas with fresh ground alfalfa (just got a pound of seeds to grow it fresh next year) bat guano, vermicompost( worm poop), depending on the plant, I can usually tell by looking if a deficiency is present (they almost never are organically). I teach others how to grow and I setup grows locally for friends or people who pay for my expertise.

The hood I use (after many months of reading/comparing) has been tested against the best and comes out on top all the time. Sun systems super sun 2 hood. I use a quantum digital ballast. I don't need ventilation much at all since I have it in the basement on a large property and it stays roughly 75 at all times, with good airflow.

I usually stick to hortilux bulbs but recently I tried the cheapos from 1000bulbs.com

I never take pictures of my plants. I spend very little time with them due to my hobbies/health. However I did allow a picture taken once because the photographer was impressed with my results. It's an older picture from 3 or so years ago (a sour d clone whose sisters eventually crossed my male chili plant) this is the sour d plant I allowed to mature to evaluate its potential as a breeder/mother. This picture I have posted here many times to show the way my lst is accomplished. You can see me sitting next to the plant. I'm about 6 feet tall and around 260 at the time (much thinner now).

[​IMG]

Anyways, this plant produced a little over a pound dry. It was the nicest sour d I have ever smoked and people were bummed I wouldn't let it go, so I gave a lot away to friends.

I was using fox farm nutes at the time btw and ocean forest mixed with cheap home depot starter soil and feeding it molasses every few weeks with cold pressed neem to the roots.

3. [quote name='"pokesmot247"']I almost never measure ph(never have to), but when I do, it's in the 6.7-.8 range.

I grow 4-6 plants under a 600w. Also grow other plants in there (avacado tree currently). All I do in my life is garden. I have 8 gardens on my property, I grow my own redworms for vermicompost and rabbits (meat/manure) and most of my families daily veges.

I use fox farm ocean forest as the starting medium, but I brew my own organic teas with fresh ground alfalfa (just got a pound of seeds to grow it fresh next year) bat guano, vermicompost( worm poop), depending on the plant, I can usually tell by looking if a deficiency is present (they almost never are organically). I teach others how to grow and I setup grows locally for friends or people who pay for my expertise.

The hood I use (after many months of reading/comparing) has been tested against the best and comes out on top all the time. Sun systems super sun 2 hood. I use a quantum digital ballast. I don't need ventilation much at all since I have it in the basement on a large property and it stays roughly 75 at all times, with good airflow.

I usually stick to hortilux bulbs but recently I tried the cheapos from 1000bulbs.com

I never take pictures of my plants. I spend very little time with them due to my hobbies/health. However I did allow a picture taken once because the photographer was impressed with my results. It's an older picture from 3 or so years ago (a sour d clone whose sisters eventually crossed my male chili plant) this is the sour d plant I allowed to mature to evaluate its potential as a breeder/mother. This picture I have posted here many times to show the way my lst is accomplished. You can see me sitting next to the plant. I'm about 6 feet tall and around 260 at the time (much thinner now).

Anyways, this plant produced a little over a pound dry. It was the nicest sour d I have ever smoked and people were bummed I wouldn't let it go, so I gave a lot away to friends.

I was using fox farm nutes at the time btw and ocean forest mixed with cheap home depot starter soil and feeding it molasses every few weeks with cold pressed neem to the roots.[/quote]

Ok very interesting and nice looking plant. I am actually just setting up a new garden as had to shut down my old room due to running out of space at home.
    In the process of purchasing new lights at present which is going to consist of 3 x 600w for a grow tent 2.8 x 1.4 x 2 which will have 2 plants grown in deep water culture.
    Considering the lights would you agree it is worth the extra cost to purchase high quality ballast and globes such as what your running although had been considering purchasing cheaper quality as inevitably want high quality LEDs.

4. I am planning on upgrading my system shortly to 2x600 of the same setup. I always go with the idea that it's better to invest in quality once than junk twice. I believe the lights are almost solely responsible for my indoor success as I upgraded from a cfl system using the same setup and the lights made all the difference.

The best thing about this hood is that it upgrades with you and you can use it or a 1000w light later if you choose, but again, I prefer two 600s to 1 1000w any day. Hope this provides some insight.

5. [quote name='"gangabudd"']

Great yield, is that for a single plant?[/quote]

I used the "scrog method"..

8 flowering plants stretched out to fill in a 4X4 chicken wire screen..

Scrog or sog is such a good way to use all your lumen..

Good luck folks

MM

6. This is my next grow. I'm going to stretch 9 under a screen. What size pots do you use if you don't mind me asking? What size screen? Are you using hog wire?

I was thinking something like this

[​IMG]
    But with smaller tubs obviously
    Would really appreciate your input mm as my dimensions are the same as yours and I want to eradicate any stretching and create uniformity. Thank you.

7. [quote name='"pokesmot247"']

This is my next grow. I'm going to stretch 9 under a screen. What size pots do you use if you don't mind me asking? What size screen? Are you using hog wire?

I was thinking something like this

But with smaller tubs obviously
    Would really appreciate your input mm as my dimensions are the same as yours and I want to eradicate any stretching and create uniformity. Thank you.[/quote]

I use 3 gallon grow bags with trays underneath to catch any run off and to wick any of the nutes that run out back into the soil.. I have found 8 females is the perfect amount to fill in my screen..I use chicken wire, each hole is a 6inX6in square, one flower per hole gets u 64 even colas.. atleast a half ounce per cola..very nice yield..any of the flowers that don't make the cut, or just don't fit in the screen, I cut off and make clones so I have new batch already prepared and ready to be put under the screen...during vegetation, I tie the top of the plant to the bottom of the grow tent which manipulates the plant to bush out without the stress of topping or cutting the vegetation..this is a must if u want fill in your screen evenly..

Hope this helped some

MM

8. Big yielders I know personally hmm I would say ak 47 and white widow is a good one but my buddy gets around a pound per plant with master kush from nirvana seeds. Of course he uses Feming lst and scrog if you know the plant have a good set up the right nutes and use the right techniques you can achieve good yields with a lot of stains.

9. #29 ProGMO, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Look,
    While you can get a good estimate here, you have to be a good grower to know how to get the most out of any plant. Lot of good recommendations so this is mine. Find guys like Loki and a few others who are proven to make big yeilds out of average plants and let them mentor you. Most will take you under thier wings if you are comiited to following thier instructions and sticking it through! Just ask. THE END.

10. anything with critical in it...critical +, kush, ect

11. Auto pounder
    Moby dick
    Power plant

12. cheesy dick? its a big one.