Biggest yielding strain??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gangabudd, Oct 16, 2012.

1. #1 gangabudd, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    Hi,
    About to purchase a couple of strains online if I can find a Seed Bank that can successfully ship to Australia however before placing my order want to know what everyone's thoughts are on the heaviest strains available for both indoors and out.

Thanks
    Ganga

2. Super Lemon Haze, AK47, White Russian are a few. All can be found @ Attitude seed bank.

3. Sour D
    NL
    Skunk #1

4. #4 bmstation, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    Remember that yeild doesnt only come with strain. I understand that the strain does have a significant value in producing yeild ;however, if you are growing a high yeilding plant such as trainwreck but you do not provide the right regulations for that strain its only going to harvest as much as you allow it. My theory is stick to one strain and learn about it. Grow that specific strain many times to "become the plant". The more you know about the strain ,the more you can enhance its ability to yeild bigger buds. If you are just starting to grow I would recomend a Nl strain they are very easy to grow and have optimal yeild. Nourthern Lights Strains grow in pretty much any enviroment and will please you everytime in my opinion. They are also good strains to cross with other strains. And will be kind to nute overdose and stress. As for an indoor strain its perfect. Outdoor its superb.
    Hope this Helps.

5. I tried ak47, chronic, C4, power plant and critical mass as commercial strains.
    From my own results I found that: yield / potency (1 is the lowest , 5 the highest)

Ak47 - 3.5/4.5
    Chronic - 5/3.5
    C4 - 3.5/4
    Power plant - 3/4.5
    Critical mass - 3.5/3.5

If its for pure commercial go with chronic.
    If it is for "personal commercial" - ak47
    If you wanna something bit more sativa - try power plant.

6. I had a couple 4 ounce, 3 ft. tall plants of Chemmy Jones from Connoiseur Genetics. She's awesome to grow (Easy!), very branchy so the yields are always nice :smoke:

7. [quote name='"bmstation"']Remember that yeild doesnt only come with strain. I understand that the strain does have a significant value in producing yeild ;however, if you are growing a high yeilding plant such as trainwreck but you do not provide the right regulations for that strain its only going to harvest as much as you allow it. My theory is stick to one strain and learn about it. Grow that specific strain many times to "become the plant". The more you know about the strain ,the more you can enhance its ability to yeild bigger buds. If you are just starting to grow I would recomend a Nl strain they are very easy to grow and have optimal yeild. Nourthern Lights Strains grow in pretty much any enviroment and will please you everytime in my opinion. They are also good strains to cross with other strains. And will be kind to nute overdose and stress. As for an indoor strain its perfect. Outdoor its superb.
    Hope this Helps.[/quote]

Appreciate where your coming from as recently lost my Super Skunk strain after 20 years of growing with it both inside and out.
    I knew I could rely on it to be finished inside in 45-50 days with up to 12oz of solid chunky rock hard dry material per plant grown in a deep water culture system.
    Outside I used to get 3 - 4 crops with the best results being when I put the plant out in the 1st week of SUMMER only providing a 3-4 mth peak growing season however would always end up growing 5 - 6ft in height, similar width as was heavily tipped the first 6-8 weeks up to onset of flowering and always produced 2-3lb.
    That strain in fact came from the original SSSC which many young growers won't recall although was a pioneer in breeding.
    They would send out a full color glossy catalogue annually and it was before the Internet and credit card transactions and you would send your cash wrapped in a sheet of carbon paper to the NL and your seeds would return also wrapped in carbon paper from the USA (to avoid detection with the old x-ray scanning system).
    Unfortunately I have not been able to successfully receive seeds in Australia since although have tried 4 different seed banks in the last year however will persist until I manage to get a delivery.
    Thanks for your feedback

8. [quote name='"Kesey"']I had a couple 4 ounce, 3 ft. tall plants of Chemmy Jones from Connoiseur Genetics. She's awesome to grow (Easy!), very branchy so the yields are always nice :smoke:[/quote]

Appreciate your feedback however 4oz is not what I would consider a large yield

9. [quote name='"Trimetrin"']I tried ak47, chronic, C4, power plant and critical mass as commercial strains.
    From my own results I found that: yield / potency (1 is the lowest , 5 the highest)

Ak47 - 3.5/4.5
    Chronic - 5/3.5
    C4 - 3.5/4
    Power plant - 3/4.5
    Critical mass - 3.5/3.5

If its for pure commercial go with chronic.
    If it is for "personal commercial" - ak47
    If you wanna something bit more sativa - try power plant.[/quote]

Interesting as the critical strain I have tried to land here in the form of Critical Kush along with The Ultimate from Dutch Passion recently.
    I will review your strain choice.
    I don't suppose you could provide details of a seed bank with super stealth mailing option too?

10. [quote name='"Gnomepunter"']Sour D
    NL
    Skunk #1[/quote]

It appears I must include NL in my order as has been referenced a few times in this thread and agree the Skunks have always been great performers especially grown here in sthrn hemisphere.

11. [quote name='"HazyLeg"']Super Lemon Haze, AK47, White Russian are a few. All can be found @ Attitude seed bank.[/quote]

And AK47 also mentioned a few times will review this closely.

I was originally thinking before this post to stick with my heart which was to purchase a cpl of Kush and haze varieties however appears also need to consider the AL and NL strains.

Thanks everyone. Now to find a seed bank !!

12. Moby Dick is a beast

13. 8 -10 oz blue cheese

14. Blue cheese inside or out? Flowering duration?

15. Re Moby Dick yield?

16. #16 rain dancer, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    My biggest plant ever was Strawberry Cough. Filled up 12 mason jars dry. Forgot to mention 600w hps indoor, organic.

17. Morning Glory from Barneys Farm has been my best yet..

Using a 1000watt HPS hortilux bulb and digital ballast, air cooled hood, light mover= 2 lbs and 3 oz dried and cured

that was best yet..nothing else has gotten past 2lbs

MM

18. [quote name='"matanuskaMATT"']Morning Glory from Barneys Farm has been my best yet..

Using a 1000watt HPS hortilux bulb and digital ballast, air cooled hood, light mover= 2 lbs and 3 oz dried and cured

that was best yet..nothing else has gotten past 2lbs

MM[/quote]

Great yield, is that for a single plant?

19. [quote name='"pokesmot247"']My biggest plant ever was Strawberry Cough. Filled up 12 mason jars dry. Forgot to mention 600w hps indoor, organic.[/quote]

I have seen that strain on YouTube producing 5lb outdoors. Samconnell is grower

20. Yeah, I usually pull 1lb dry on most my plants indoors under that light, this plant was closer to 2lbs, heavy, tight buds. I create my own hybrids by crossing my favorite strains. Was thinking of crossing this with my orange/citrus bud I created by crossing a sour d plant with some weird bagseed plant I grew. The bagseed plant smelled like chili powder or chilibeans, it was weird, but when I crossed it, I got the most tasty orange bud I ever tasted. It has orange hairs, smells like a fresh cut orange and smokes sooo smoothe. I want to try crossing this orange with strawberry to get a nice yielding orange. No one locally has anything near this and it's a big hit with everyone.

Also got a few strains from Canada (free) from peekseeds(search the forums) and am going to cross what looks like blueberry with my high yielding bubba kush plant.