DIY Grow Box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by hemptation420, Oct 15, 2012.

1. #41 hemptation420, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    Well week 4 is over. I have topped 2 of the plants one earlier in the week and on last night. The one earlier is showing very good growth! I have done the second round of nutrients, And i think they are almost ready for flower another couple inches!

Full view:

[​IMG]

Individual:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i envy you man....they look great!

3. how did you top 'em? where do u exactly cut it?

4. This thread has some good picture for FIM and Topping.

Topping, FIMing & Super Cropping Techniques

and thank you for the comments.

5. Awesoome grow box :smoke:

Your grow is looking great so far, Excited for some more updates on this one :p

6. Thank you...Getting to the good part here soon also, going to have to take clones soon and get them into flower get the next batch started!

7. any updates?

8. sorry i dont have internet till thurs...im sending this from my phone. Ill post pictures probably friday!

9. looking good, I'm in for the ride

10. Sorry for the absence i have recently just moved and havent had the internet..Brutal lol

anyway's this is pretty much though week 6, Clones have been taken, plants are in flower, and i made new light hoods!

Bad news is since i have been in the middle of moving i havent had my nut's and such available. so the plants have missed there first flower feeding and they are a bit upset for sure. Im sure the move its self didnt help.

Clones:

[​IMG]

Veg:

[​IMG]

I have this little guy in veg he took some root dmg during the transplant and i didnt think he was going to make it..But hes pulling though!!

Flower:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Veg Hood:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flower Hood:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. great job on the reflector hood.... i'll do that too!

12. bad ass box man... and you don't need to adjust the lights, you can just raise the plants up unless you want to redo a bunch of stuff :p

13. Well its been a little while since i posted some pictures of the progress so heres where i am at now.

Buds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flower:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Veg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. #55 Dingus, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Heya those buds are really coming along! The flowering plants look very healthy! Since you now have that entire fixture next time you should try a scrog or top/lst to really maximize the potential of that horizontal fixture.

Do you have any airflow directed under the lights or on the lights? Noticed the burnt leaves on one of the taller ones.

Looking amazing rock on /,,/!!

15. Yes the taller ones did get a little burnt..Thats why ive been trying to tie them down a little bit. I did top 3 / 4 of the plants this time around but i do want to try a scrog i think it would work much better in this kind of setup.

As for air flow there are 2 120mm fans in the flower room but im thinking of ditching those and just getting some bigger clip on fans they seem to be having a hard time pushin the air all the way though the room.

16. wow they exploded. keep it up!

17. #58 bender11, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    Nice custom cabinet and grow!

Given that you are located in Ontario, I would think you wont run into any serious heat issues during the summer; however it could be a possibility. I live in NC USA and I fight the heat all summer long.

I think two chamber cabinets are awesome. First off, you can have both flowering and vegetative phases going on at the same time. Then, if you want to increase the plant count, or go for a 400/600 watt HID, you could build a dedicated, single-chamber flowering cabinet and use the respective chambers of the first cabinet for mothers and vegging the next cycle.

Again, love the construction, it shows that you spent a lot of time thinking and focusing on the details.

BBR

18. Ahh yes, you gotta start training early in their lives, to get the best training results. Im going to do scrog next as well!

I think airflow within the cab is great but placement of the fans is essential as well. I think airflow at the top of the main canopy is really useful because it keeps the temps down between the light and canopy so you can bring your lights closer with less chance of a burn. You just cant let the leaves touch the bulbs. Or worse a budd touch a bulb eek

19. Already i cut back on the weekly updates because well its not needed really there isnt much change other then the progress of the buds :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]