Does the MFLB conserve weed?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Inverted Qualia, Oct 14, 2012.

1. I'm new here and this is my first post. Anyway, my question is as the title reads. Does the Magic Flight Launch Box save weed?

I'm having to cut back on my consumption a tremendous amount, and now it seems I'm lucky to be able to get a gram or two a week at the most. A gram of dank around here goes for $15. I love smoking, I smoke everyday if I have the resources, but my current financial situation forbids it.

I have a moderate-high tolerance. One bowl of dank gets me pretty blazed. Two gets me stoned. When I have weed I usually smoke three bowls a day. So obviously a gram will only last me like a couple of days at the most.

If I were to invest in an MFLB, will I be able to get more out of my limited quantity? Like, if a gram smoked lasts me two days, how much would the same gram last me vaped out of the MFLB? If it does conserve bud, that would really solve my fiscal problems with the herb.

My brother has one and I've used it before and enjoy it very much, but I've never used it enough to make a judgment as to the quantity it uses compared to smoking.

2. High tolerance you wouldn't want it. Also I use a lot more because its so convenient to just vape all day

3. Wait so you actually end up using more weed with the MFLB?

4. If you have a high tolerance, you would need more weed. And when I used to have one, I had a pretty high tolerance and I could get way more ripped off my bong.
    But it sounds like you would be fine with one, seeing as you smoke about 3 bowls a day.

5. It is tempting to vape all day because it tastes much better and the MFLB is is used quickly and discreetly. If you show self restraint most vapes are approx 2x more efficient then combustion. My consumption was cut more then half when I converted. Some are even easier to conserve with then others like a log vape. It depends on what your needs are specifically. I have MFLB but don't use it often. I also like to medicate quickly and the LB is normally to time consuming for my needs. When out and about I use an ecig modded for hash oil. You also can use your vaped left overs (ABV) to cook with. I would check out FC for specific vape to vape info. Good luck.

6. I don't know if I would say my tolerance is high. It's probably more so in between medium and high, but then again I don't really know how to rate tolerance. Compared to when I first started smoking about three years ago, I still get pretty ripped off of a decent amount, like 5 hits to myself gets me at a good spot, and I can still feel each hit.

But what I'm asking is would the MFLB help me with my limited quantity? Like, if a gram lasts me two days smoked would it last me any longer vaped?

7. #7 grownthisway, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    The mflb is my go to when times are getting dry. It conserves weed over any combustion method, and you can use the avb in cooking and smoking.

I highly recommend purchasing one.

[quote name='"Inverted Qualia"']I don't know if I would say my tolerance is high. It's probably more so in between medium and high, but then again I don't really know how to rate tolerance. Compared to when I first started smoking about three years ago, I still get pretty ripped off of a decent amount, like 5 hits to myself gets me at a good spot, and I can still feel each hit.

But what I'm asking is would the MFLB help me with my limited quantity? Like, if a gram lasts me two days smoked would it last me any longer vaped?[/quote]

For sure man. You can stretch a gram ten days if you stick to a trench a day. I'd say in practical use, four days isn't unreasonable, five if you show restraint.

8. [quote name='"Inverted Qualia"']I don't know if I would say my tolerance is high. It's probably more so in between medium and high, but then again I don't really know how to rate tolerance. Compared to when I first started smoking about three years ago, I still get pretty ripped off of a decent amount, like 5 hits to myself gets me at a good spot, and I can still feel each hit.

But what I'm asking is would the MFLB help me with my limited quantity? Like, if a gram lasts me two days smoked would it last me any longer vaped?[/quote]

It would if you use the vape the same amount as you would smoke

9. Honestly, haha, i find myself using just as much as smoking because its so convenient.

10. a .1 in the trench and you will be high

11. I don't have an MFLB, but I do own another portable vape that's around the same price area and everything. I do save alot more by vaping than by smoking. My vape easily saves me twice the amount of weed that I would smoke. Plus with my vape I can sit in my room, enjoy a movie, and vape at the same time. When I smoked, I would have to go outside and find a place to smoke, then come back in and try not to act high around my roomates. I definitely recommend a vape if you're trying to cut down on consumption of marijuana.

12. If you hve a massive tolerance like me vapes do not work well.

I noticed the more novice stoners praising mflb more than veterans on fuckcombustion dot com.

13. This is clearly false. The mflb thread on fuckcombustion.com is the most posted in thread on the site, it consists of over 700 pages of extremely experienced stoners posting on it daily. This is because this piece isnt necessarily as "novice" as you think it is. It has a steep learning curve and experienced stoners actually know how the device works and can use it to the fullest... I use the mflb multiple times a day and im a daily smoker. If you fill the trench to the top of the bars with finely and even grinded herb, and you cook it evenly, you can get high if your only smoking a gram a day. a dime can last you 5 days if your doing a trench a day. And if your tolerance is through the roof it would take 2 trenches in a row to get mad high

14. I agree.

15. I'm going to disagree with all of you. When I was on a waterfall/bubbler regiment, an eighth would last me a week. That is because I smoked less because it was less convenient to be smoking all day.
    Now an eighth lasts me 2 weeks.

Here's the catch
    I only smoke on the weekends now that I have my mflb, so I'm reality the eighth is only lasting 4 days.
    I attribute this to the fact that vaping constantly is easier than smoking constantly. I'll be high as fuq all day Saturday and Sunday because I vape at every possible opportunity. Plus the vape high doesn't put me to sleep, so instead of passing out I vape more.
    Weekly I pay 30 bucks to get high 2 days.
    I used to pay 60 bucks to get high for 7 days.
    Still, I like the mflb more, because being high all weekend is better than being high once or twice a day all week.

I found that if I weigh out .1 every time I refill a trench, I am able to better conserve than just eyeing out .1

16. If you're going to buy the MFLB I suggest that you follow the guides that will help you become an experience MFLB user and I also suggest taking a week or two break before using the MFLB. From my experience, I didn't get higher at first when compared to smoking but I stopped smoking and only vaped. Now I get so much higher from vaping than smoking. Also, for weed conservation, vaping a trench or two a night can make a gram last up to a week, or even more. I have saved so much money from vaping instead of smoking, even though at first you may be tempted to get high all the time due to the stealthiness of the MFLB. Vaporizing is also a better high for going out in public than smoking IMO.

17. I dont think you need a t-break especially if your smoking a gram a day. A t break is only necessary if your smoking large quantities in little time. But, it depends on person to person. I would say it would be a bit unusual for you to need to take a tbreak before the mflb from only smoking a gram a day

18. I used to smoke .2 per day for 5 days out of the week.

Now I vape around 0.05 twice or 3 times a day maintaining a 3-4 hour high each time.