How to smoke hash oil?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by BlazesWthWolves, Oct 14, 2012.

1. More specifically, how do I smoke hash oil by itself if I don't have access to bud right now? I don't have a bong at the moment and can't afford any elaborate pieces. One suggestion was putting the oil on tobacco, but I'm not a big fan of tobacco and if it did come down to that I'd rather use some natural rolling tobacco rather than putting it on a cigarette or something. Another idea was making some kind of apparatus out of a light bulb, I might try that as well.

2. If you have access to a stove and some butter knives, hot knife it.

YouTube hot knife and you'll be set

• Like Like x 1
  3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwbEJB7hVs]how to hot knife hash - YouTube[/ame]

4. The only problem with that is that I'm living with my parents for the time being and I can't exactly do knife hits in the kitchen.

5. Could I dab some drops into the tip of a one hitter and smoke it that way?

6. Maybe. You'd need somethig for a screen, maybe some ash or something. Seems like a waste, id wait till you get bud again

7. I'm in your exact situation at the moment, this is what I think i'll do.

Smoking tea leaves, good ones, isn't too bad, it won't kill you, but it tastes like shit and sucks. I'm gonna pack a tiny bit in my one hitter for a screen then dab some oil in there. Post how it turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Your best bet would be to drop a dab of oil on the tip of a burning cigarette and inhale the smoke at the end. Not really tasty but works well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Your best bet for sure is to dab it off a car lighter and inhale with a straw. Works just as well as a rig.

10. Drop $30 on a cheap ass rig lol, you may have to spend money but you'll be saving money by not wasting all your wax. Theres some homemade rigs on youtube but most involve heating stainless steel or something else gross.

11. This^^ spend a little money and get a rig, you already wasted money by buying a concentrate with no way to smoke it.

12. #12 Deleted member 830888, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    DO NOT smoke bho in a hollowed out light bulb.

This approach to oil is MEGA HARSH and will take you out and waste your oil with tiny little harsh hits that make you cough.

I found out about this when I bought an oil burner thinking hey, it's oil so it should work great in an oil burner.  (Don't know what an oil burner is?  Not sure I want to tell you...)

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think what you want to look into is how to heat a piece of metal red hot, place the oil on the top of the metal with a dabbing tool and inhaling the smoke with some kind of hollowed out metal pen or something.

Most of that is the concept of a nail basically.
    Edit: I just realized how damned old this thread is.  Oh well, it's worth it to post for others who encounter it so they don't fuck themselves by trying a light bulb/oil burner.

13. Heating a "piece of metal" and using it to dab isn't any better than using a light bulb.

Hot knifing releases toxic gas

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #14 Deleted member 830888, Dec 21, 2014

Hmm...  Thanks for the tip.

You do realize though that nails are often made of titanium, right?

That's what you guys need.  A cheap glass dabbing rig with a "ti" nail.

Or else it will break after a week of regular use (quartz).

Honestly guys who the FUCK thought it was OK to use anything but Pyrex for glass nails??????????

SOMEBODY never took a high school science class!

15. Medical grade 2 TI is a safe material as it does not release any dangerous toxins unless heated to extreme temperatures.

Cheap TI nails that claim to be GR2 TI are usually not and contain other metals mixed in.

Knives are usually made of steel or aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #16 Deleted member 830888, Dec 21, 2014
    Well, Blazeswithwolves, it looks like you can either bust out like a crackhead and smoke it on top of ash, kill your lungs with the meth user approach and smoke it in a lightbulb/oil burner, hot knife, or do the right thing and get a cheap dabbing rig.

Clearly you don't have a source of income so here's hoping you find a way (and enjoy it, might I add).

My apologies if you do but if you do why haven't you bought a $30 rig?

Wish I could help you with that one but the only place I know selling $30 rigs is a local smokeshop.  The cheapest price I've seen online is the $100 bare-bones rigs from Dablab.

Salzer's Records' $30 rigs are a lot nicer looking than the $100 Dablab ones.... lol

Oh, and do be careful with cheap glass!!!!!!!!!!!!  I bought a $90 rig (my very first one) and it broke after being ***tipped over***.  I had it in the garage in a shelf, it was dark, I reached in, tipped it over, BAM no more mouthpiece.

17. Use Foil and a straw like some harder folks. Works great if you have no other choice. Takes time to get use to so use a small amount first and make sure you fold the foil and open it back up a little so it has a line to follow

18. yeah DONT do this

19. #19 showbe345, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015

And why not? Out of all the methods available this is probably the best option for him since he cant be hot knifing and doesnt have flower to put it over. You burn the foil first to make sure the chemicals that are on it are burned off and you use the dull non shiny side to put the bho on since thats the side you put food on. I have done this MANY times when I didnt have a rig or my oil pen ran out of batteries and had no other option.

This is what people who smoke heroin do by running it down the foil. Its no different with wax. It runs a little bit more and turns into a liquid but youll get monster rips if you dont have any other option.

Start off small though so u can get use to how to hit it as you will probably miss at first.

20. #20 steadyglobbin, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    why would you ever consider something safe with the reasoning "they do it with heroin"? do us all a favor and dont post till you got some decent grounds to base a statement instead of tellin ppl to poison themselves.