Over-seas relationships

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by MrJavel, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Ah, this is logical advice, from my point of view at least. Pretty much dealing with this exact situation. A bond was established, in person there was passion for 2 years and now there's a 3000 mile distance that complicates so much.
    Should be a couple more years before things are going to be possible for growth and development and serious relations once again, but it's definitely an ordeal, lots to discuss.

2. Hey OP, how are things going on ?

3. If you go to Japan and things don't work out, what are you left with? A holiday in Japan.

Things could work out or things could not work. If you meet a girl who lives next door, things could work out or things could not. There's no difference in outcomes, you might just have to work harder to achieve the outcome you want because of that distance.

I'm from England and my girlfriend is from New Zealand. We met while I was traveling in Australia, where she was studying. Fell in love so I applied for permanent residency. One of the hardest parts is being so far from family, which is what you're facing if things eventually work out. Somebody's going to end up leaving the life they know.

4. My wife and I met online and she is from the UK and I from USA. It has been hard as hell. I feel confident about our relationship though because she has spent 3-6 months of each of almost four years here living with me on the visa waiver program. Even with that, it is still tough.

There are lots of women who scam western men all the time, so be careful. Go very, very slowly. If you truly are both madly in love then it will last so don't rush in to big decisions. Also, my wife was very very poor but always resisted me giving her money and over the four years, I have probably given her less than $500 total in cash but there are stories every day about women who bleed men dry of their money so again, be careful and I hope it works out well for you both.

5. There was this really gorgeous gal from Novosibirisk, Russia. We talked for 2 years, all day everyday. One day she just stopped responding, and I never heard anything from her since... :( She's definitely the one who got away :)

That pain is long gone though, I now have found a woman, and we have a child together. We have our own vehicles, own our own home (a trailer but a home none the less), and are both going to school. BTW I'm only 23.

6. Update : If I get enough money, maybe this summer I will go to Japan :D
    She's a student in university, but she says she will try to get a job next year, to eventually come to Canada

Things are still going really really well :D

7. Ughh......meet someone in real life.

8. Congrats, man. Hope things work out. Ignore the negative people. All that matters is that you're happy!

9. Still together

I just registered online to do clinical trials and make more money, so maybe I'll be flying to Japan sooner :)

10. You need to make concrete plans to meet up

Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for depression and drama

11. fuck long distance never will do that ever agian .

12. We still haven't met in real life, but we have exchanged SACRED PIKTUREZ, and they are for my eyes only :ey:

inb4 pics of gtfo

I will gtfo