How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any opinions on freezing packed tubes? Aswell as freezing the tane?

Also whats a basic guideline for dehydration temps?

Thanks in advance for any info on this! !

2. #4522 Jimmy Carter, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    IMO thats not small enough. I would still use the coffee filters, is this a glass tube you're using? using the mesh on the outside of the coffee filters help prevent blowouts too(if its a glass tube anyway). So technically yes, it will drop pressure. If I want more pressure in my stainless tubes I put on my smaller filter endcap and use some 8micron lab paper after the coffee filters.

Yes freeze the tube, cans can just go in the fridge. Having your tube colder than your tane will help pull the tane through the tube anyway

3. Ive been wonder lately what the best filtering setup would be... coffee filters, dem new MeanSkreens, metal, cheese cloth?

Ive heard peoples opinions pointing at non-bleached coffee filters mostly but rarely do they elaborate on how many they use... ive been using 2 but im wondering if I should raise it to 5?

4. Any more than 3-4 is a waste IMO. Unbleached coffee filters work just fine. When I was using glass tubes I had some 25micron stainless mesh I would use after the coffee filters to prevent blowouts.

5. With glass tubes I used to use a single 25 micron meanskreen held there with a hose clamp and it worked pree good.

6. Has anyone heard anything about these set ups?

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

7. #4527 Jimmy Carter, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    it looks okay but thats just a terrible chamber shape/size. I would never want that chamber, its taller than it is wide, and not very wide to begin with. Go for a 3gal if they have it, you'll appreciate the extra room.

8. this trim I have is rather dry!!! Should I dehydrate or freeze in the blast tubes!!!!

9. Hey everyone I just made fresh frozen hash oil for the first time and well, it waxed up on me at 100 degrees and it looks like crack and doesn't taste very good it got thick and wasn't doing anything in the chamber by 36 hrs what to do at this point? It's rather white and cloudy not clear at all and the bubbles were pure white about the consistency of scraped on soap or candle wax not sticky at all

Attached Files:

10. What to do at this point... Heat nail, take dab, enjoy high, repeat?

11. should've been a little lower than 100, always start as low as you can. You might be able to heat it into some pull-n-snap or sap, sometimes you can do it without sacrificing much flavor at all. And it will certainly be purged at that point. Try it out with a couple dabs worth and see how it turns out, just smash it out thin on a piece of parchment and throw it in the oven at 180 or so for a few minutes. Should melt down into a clear form again. I've done it with questionable honeycomb many times and doesnt end up tasting burnt or anything.

12. That's my go to for anything questionable. Add heat in increments lol. Have some stuff you can't see through, heat it! Have some stuff that doesn't taste quite right, fuck that bitch throw it in the oven!

Lol sometimes if it looks real dirty, I'll throw a dab on a razor and torch the bottom for a quick second. Depending on what it looks like after, and what it sounded like during, will determine if I'll even try a dab of it lol.

13. I've had some stuff from impatient vac purgers (sticky, sappy shit) that I turned into lovely shatter with just a little heat.

On another note, I had a buddy who did a little experiment through a local lab.

He made some snap and Pull like stuff, and then heated it a lot (more than I ever would) but he ended up with a more stable, soft-ish shatter.

He sent both in for testing, and the Snap and Pull only won by like 1% THC, and a little better terp profile.

He had it heated to some crazy number over 200 for waaaaay longer than I ever would. I thought for sure it was gonna be some burned up sap.

It did lose a little taste and smell, but very little to be honest.

14. Guess it goes to show some things will influence your end products durability.

Like maybe some strains can handle a higher heat than others. Idk lol. I've had stuff go too far and just turn into less potent and less flavorable sap.

15. Oh cool thank you that's what I thought ...when n I smoke it it turns to a clear Amber I will try that

16. #4536 SmokeMeUpPlz, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Second attempt at wax,good? Bad?

Attached Files:

17. Depends how you made it

18. What was your extraction/purge tech?

19. Sprayed 4g of nuggets onto a Pyrex dish with hot water dish underneath, barely even used any tane. Basically just kept changing water and popping bubbles for awhile, then after no more bubbling I basically just kinda 'whipped' it with a paperclip. Planning on putting it on a pancake griddle, but when I put it on a paperclip and stick a lighter to it, it doesn't crackle or anything just melts. I appreciate the replies homies [​IMG]

20. Should've left it spread out thin, without agitating it, for at least 48hr on low heat before scraping it up or whipping it. You can use a griddle on low once all the liquid tane is gone. Its possible to get decently clean oil with no vac when only running a few grams but its still gonna take some time. I would pop that in the oven at 180f or so for a good 10-15 minutes just to be sure its purged. It will clear up all those little bubbles too.