How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. I do have a question though, I was trying with ALL of my might to get that shit to budder and I couldn't get it to. I whipped it for almost an hour and I only got it to turn kind of tacky. Are there some strains that just won't budder, just like some will auto budder? And I didn't have a thermometer, if you have the heat too high will that prevent buddering?

2. Yes if you run it over 140 it may not turn to budder because it becomes to viscous. It is best to whip it while it is still reacting from what I remember. But I only made budder once. Try youtube as I am sure there are several videos on how to make budder. But the initial steps are the same.:smoking:

3. #23 stupidstuff, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    Here are the test results on the chem dog honey oil run in the first page. My sample is one of the cleanest high TCH samples they have tested to date. You can look at the others in there database and see most over 70% are a black goopy mess.
    BHO Chem Dawg | Analytical 360

4.78% ∆9-THC-A
    67.02% ∆9-THC
    0.68% ∆8-THC
    0.08% CBN
    72.56% THC-TOTAL
    0.16% CBD-A
    < 0.01% CBD
    0.16% CBD-TOTAL
    67.78% ACTIVATED-TOTAL

4. Whoah your killing the BHO game man.. how long you been making it for?

5. Thanks.

I made my first run years ago but it was so nasty i did not try again until about 6 months ago. I had herd it called "Honey oil" And did not want to try again until I found a way to make it look and run like honey. After at least a dozen runs and much online searching I figured out a few things. :smoking:

6. #26 stupidstuff, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    This is how I made my poor mans vacuum oven.:) The only disadvantage to this is you cant see in and see if you are boiling over:(

Things you will want.

Pressure canner. Amazon.com: Presto 1755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner: Kitchen & Dining

Griddle cook top. Presto 07050 Cool-Touch Foldaway Griddle: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

A vacuum pump of your choosing but here is mine. Simply search rotery vacuum pump on amazon. For the record this pump is a piece of shit but will go to -28.5inhg and cost $90 delivered. I recommend you spend the extra cash and get a two stage.
    [​IMG]

A vacuum guage from a hand pump and some fittings from the same unit.
    [​IMG]

Some hose and a on off valve. The on off valve is to isolate the chamber and allow you to bleed the vacuum off of the pump or it will back up hydralic fluid into the pot and ruin your batch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now to make it hold a vacuum instead of pressure you will want to put an oring on this pressure check valve.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now there are many ways better than this to attach a gauge but this was easy for me. So, pull out this rubber plug and flip it over. After you assemble the gauge, hose and the fitting seen in the picture above, you will want to poke a hole in the rubber plug and insert the fitting. These fittings are included in a cheap HF hand vacuum pump. Again feel free to improvise this how ever you want but it was what I had on hand and allows me to use the gauge on several different chambers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The assembled lid. WARNING: Always pull the tube off at the lid to recharge the chamber! NEVER allow the air to pull back through the tube!!!!! You will end up with compressor fluid in your shit!!!! Just pull the tube off of the nipple on the lid to allow the air in.
    [​IMG]

Now set it on the griddle and use a point and shoot thermometer to gradually bring up the temp checking the product at regular intervals to set the temp. Mark the temp knob once you find a good temp.
    [​IMG]

Also you will want to find a dish that easily fits into the chamber. A dish with a lid is a plus when doing several runs.
    This is a small 6X8 dish but some 8X8 dishes will work as well.
    [​IMG]

Stay dabbed my friends.

7. Yessss. Feed me more info :D

8. #28 stupidstuff, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
    This is a mix of the buds from the lower 1/3 of my plants this year.

-Relative humidity: 45% (controlled indoors)

-Dehydration temperature: 110

-Dehydration time: 4 at least hours

-number of glass tubs per 8x8 dish: 5

-Purge temps/times
    Bath: 110
    Oven: 140/8 hours
    Vacuum: 140/8 hours at -28inhg Then setting.
    Setting/packaging: 140/ 4 hours and a 10 min vacuum.

-Amount at starting point: 1.5lbs

-Yield: 150 grams

-Final consistency: Semi hard wax

-Notes: In this run I am doing a bunch of lower branch buds. They were only finger trimmed. I am extending the dehydration time by an extra hour to see if I can get a better color. The color may not be as good as it could be as there is quite a bit of trim left on the buds in a finger trimming.

Starting product.
    [​IMG]

Now in this run I decided to try an experiment. I have done this before with not such good results but I did it different this time. To start with i extract three cans of butane through each loaded tube. About 20 or 30 min later i cam back, after the tubes had thawed out completely. Then I put two more cans of butane through each tube into a separate dish and look what I discovered.

The first three cans
    [​IMG]

The second run with two cans at least thirty minutes later.
    [​IMG]

The product prior to the purge.
    [​IMG]

After the purge, just waiting on packaging and setting. Setting is where I remove the last bubbles and get it clear.
    [​IMG]

After setting and packaging.
    [​IMG]

9. subbed. great thread. +rep.

love analytical 360. been checking that site daily since i started smoking again

10. #30 stupidstuff, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    Thanks. I an almost done with the current run. I have finished extracting,,, now for the long part, the purge.:smoking:

You can even see the little flecks of plant wax if you look really close.
    [​IMG]

11. looks great stupidstuff. This bho is all new to me its not really big in the uk, down to prohabition no doubt. I got a stainless steal turkey baster and 12 90ml cans of colibri. Would you mind giving your opinion on how many cans to one full baster of bud and trim would be best. I want to do small amounts so i can get as many attempts with what i have. Thanks mate.

12. Thanks

I say one can per dehydrated ounce. But you will want to look at the fluid coming out of the baster to see when it turns clear. You can stop then. So if one ounce is still got color after one can start on a second can. If you are using good material you will get up to a 4:1 bud to oil yield. So a ounce may yield as much as 7 grams of good concentrate.

13. #33 stupidstuff, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
    How to package and set your product for storage.

Now if you plan to make a large run and store it for an extended period i recomend getting ALL the bubbles out as they are where degradation starts.

Step one is to scrape your dish and put the product in some glass containers with good lids.
    I use a baby spoon and a spatula. I also use a tourch to keep the spoon warm. Do not fill past 3/4 point on the container.
    [​IMG]
    WARNING: Prior to this step your product needs to be NONREACTIVE at your target temp or you could get boil over. I recommend using a clear viewable polystyrene vacuum chamber to make sure it wont boil over at your target temp prior to sealing it under a hard vacuum for a extended time.
    Once you have your containers full put them in the vac oven at the temp you purged at until clear. Sometimes when doing a purge over 130 I will vacuum it one more time depending on how hard it is to remove the bubbles.
    [​IMG]
    Something that also can happen is it develop what looks like crystals forming inside the concentrate, turn the temp up if this bothers you, but dont vacuum again until any new reaction stops.
    Once you have it clear you should put the lid on, when hot, and seal it for storage. This trick can be used to package smaller containers as well if you are a vendor preparing them for a dispensary. You have seen other samples on the first page of what I am referring to.

Stay dabbed my friends :smoking:

14. Thanks for info mate i will give it a go tomorrow and post how i get on.

15. After final packaging.
    Try not to lick your screen!
    [​IMG]

16. I see you are using smaller cans than I thought so you may want two cans per ounce but like i say i dont really go by this and just wash until it runs clear.:smoking:

17. #37 lechugas, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    Great Thread mate. Not in the game of BHO yet but when I saw this thread I got really interested. Subbed + Rep. Appreciate the effort stupidstuff. [​IMG]

18. #39 stupidstuff, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
    Thanks.

Today i did a run with a single tube of leftovers that I saved from other runs. It was the dehydrated product that would not fill a full tube from the last few runs.

So when I do small runs i like to try different things so today I did a cool run. No heat after the bath

The thread is called wax/shatter after all.

Product was already dehydrated and sealed in bags.

Purge temps:
    Bath:110 until it started to bubble/puff up really good, maybe 10 min, then i whipped it with a fork and removed it from the heat. I continued to whip it for 5 min.
    Oven: N/A
    Vacuum: Then i put it into the vac chamber and went to -20inhg and released the vacuum. Then i went to -29inhg for 10 min. After releasing the vacuum I scraped the dish.

Number of glass tubes run: 1

yield: 20 grams Nice single tube yield:ey:

Notes:
    This used no heat and is the first time I have attempted to make shatter/hard wax without any heat after the initial bath with success. I think the reason is I usually do large batches and this is harder to do with a larger amount of product to purge as it puffs up to much.

The bubles in the finished product were aquired during scraping and packaging and if I were to make this for patient consumption I would use a small amount of heat around 100 and leave it under a vacuum over night to remove the last bubles. But it melts without sizzle and no butane flavor.:smoking:

Prior to the vacuum and whipping.
    [​IMG]

After the vacuum
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Kudos on the second pic, reminds me of Cloud Gate in Chicago.
    Count on me tryin to copy & emulate that shot ad nauseum.