How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. lol. I actually tried letting the everclear evaporate off with the first jar, but, I made the mistake of leaving it in the mason jar and as it evaporated the oil would stick to the side of the jar. Won't do that again!

2. Hey bro thanks for the good the input a DW I always blast outside. But after reading what u wrote I'm wondering if I even need that filter and if you think it's worth it, I was reading online that you could attach the filter onto an oil mist eliminator or do u think that's overkill. Sorry for all the questions just don't want to be breathing in toxic fumes, I would rather just get the right pump and filtration system.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. winechateau.com but im longer seeing it on their site

4. Hey bro thanks for the good the input a DW I always blast outside. But after reading what u wrote I'm wondering if I even need that filter and if you think it's worth it, I was reading online that you could attach the filter onto an oil mist eliminator or do u think that's overkill. Sorry for all the questions just don't want to be breathing in toxic fumes, I would rather just get the right pump and filtration system.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. But what's your process? Explain your purge tech etc.

Don't pull a vac and then release it, just leave it under vac until it's finished up.

You don't need that filter unless you are hooked to a reclaim tank and are reclaiming the butane, other than that it does nothing for you. And the "oil mist eliminator", totally not required or necessary unless you are reclaiming the butane, but even then you still don't need it. I work with refrigerants and vacuum pumps daily so what I am telling you is fact. You are way over thinking this. KISS!

7. What are you guys talking about? Sounds like one persons talking about an inline dryer for a recovery pump and another is talking about mist eliminator for a vac pump.

Just FYI for anyone wanting to run a vac pump safely indoors without exhausting, you'll need to run a mist eliminator followed by a carbon filter. They make them specifically for that.

He is talking about a filter dryer and a mist eliminator. I would not do it the way you suggest unless i was hooked to a recovery tank. Period.

9. dude.... I'm not talking about a recovery pump! I'm talking about a vac pump, I was trying to figure out what you guys are talking about. how would a mist eliminator be used on a recovery pump?

I have no idea how a mist eliminator would be used on a reclaim system. And a filter dryer is already a part of one.
    [​IMG]

11. Jimmy it is a carbon filter, least that's what the description says. This is the pump http://www.bestvaluevacs.com/vp4d-f.html it comes with the carbon filter but not the oil mist eliminator. Is there a good oil mist filter you know of that I can attach the carbon filter too? Or do you think that the carbon filter is good enough.

12. Any mist eliminator should work, just make sure the carbon filter will attach to it.

And you need to have the carbon filter last, otherwise it will just get filled with oil and not do is job.

13. What differences are there as far as humidity levels and temperature at the location of blast/purge? How do you factor that into the oven/purge time/temps?

14. wouldnt factor into purge time too much IMO. too much moisture in the air could probably make it wax up, I seem to remember having problems with that before I fixed my water bath.

if you're using those rectangle pyrex dishes for your water bath then you're probably exposing your errl to more moisture than necessary from all the steam hanging around the dish. I like to use a round pyrex in a pot of water or something that it can sit into snug, that keeps the steam inside your water bath and not escaping into the air directly around the dish.

15. #3715 mayn3bae, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
    I use a 64oz  measuring cup like Pyrex in a pot to hot bath. How long do you hot bath before entering into the chamber? Do you let the oil get to desired temp, does it matter if you start vac immediately, or should you wait until desired temp is reached?

16. Water bath always varies, especially if I'm doing a pour-out or a scrape. but keep your temp low, water bath doesnt even need to be in the 100s. butane boils at 31F.

Always, and I mean ALWAYS, let your slab warm up before running the vac. I usually let it sit anywhere from 8-15 minutes depending on how sappy it is and what temps I'm working with. I've noticed higher chances of waxing when you dont let it warm up completely. the slab will be reacting/boiling at different rates due to some spots being cooler than others. especially if you have a cheap oven like an AI or something, very un even heating and wire shelves are a joke.

17. GOOD TO KNOW!! thanks JC. WOW never heard of AI being a cheap oven especially compared to all the Poor Man Vac ovens on here. Since when is 2500 on an oven cheap?? But I guess with all the other expensive ass equipment out there, it is on the cheaper side. Definitely going to try letting it adjust to desired temp. Have always just thrown it in there. What differences do you see for scraping/pouring? Is scraping better for making shatter, or is it a matter of how long you leave it on the hot bath that'll determine if you have to scrap vs. just being able to pour it ?

18. who has poor mans vac ovens? and yes, AI's are bottom-end china ovens, they only heat from two sides. Cascade TEK, Yamato, Fischer Sci., Memmert... all blow an AI out of the water.

I like pour-outs for larger runs but its harder to do with small stuff cause there isnt very much oil in the first place. you just have to pull it off the water bath a little sooner, hard to explain but you'll have to play around with it. if you look up BHO pour off or something along those lines in youtube you'll see what I'm talking about. you dont want liquid tane, just want it to be fairly soupy. I've noticed runs stay nice and clear with a pour out but I usually dewax when I do that so that also helps it stay clear. I scrape the stuff left in the dish right onto the main slab and dont notice any waxing issues with that, some people keep the scraped portion separate from the main slab in case it starts to wax. in your case, with an oven, I would try that since you have shelves and can keep them separate easier.

19. I'm just confused as to why best value vacs would sell you the carbon filter already attached but wouldn't even mention oil mist elminators. Makes no sense. But like always thanks for the advice I'll get on trying to find one