How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. do not blast onto parchment paper. Blast onto glass and scrape when the activity slows. Let it sit on heat, preferably covered with something breathable to keep dust off your slab.

When you see it doesnt have many bubbles left, you can try and flip it over. If it isnt stable enough to flip then let it keep purging until its stable enough to transfer to a new piece. also try and keep it spread as thin as you can, that will help it purge a little faster/easier.

2. Ok I will give this another go after I get my sour diesel plants harvested next week. I will not stir or whip the product at all and I will scrape it and transfer it to an parchment then lay that on the griddle at low heat and allow it to purge that way. If I desire to flip it over and it's not stable enough would it be possible to pop it in the freezer for a quick second to firm it then flip and place it back on the heat source? What about scraping it from the initial purge and putting it into parchment and hitting it with the clothes iron for a second to flatten it out then do a heat purge with the parchment? That would get it very flat? Again thanks for all the input and help! Sorry I'm such a novice.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

3. Rather than putting it in the freezer I put a cookie sheet in the freezer and get it nice and cold.  When you want to flip just lay the parchment and slab on the cold cookie sheet for a min and it sometimes makes things easier. 

4. I try to avoid the freezer, if you can do the fridge that will work too. I would not use the clothes iron though, depending on how soupy it is when you scrape, it could flatten out nicely on its own. If you do need to thin it out, I would suggest you put a second piece of parchment on top of it and then roll it out with an old wine bottle or something, I use a 750mL glass beer bottle.

5. Wow I'm so glad I came over tho this thread some great info being passed around! I appreciate all the tips and pointers. May I ask why we want to avoid the freezer? I really like the idea of using a rolling pin to flatten it out over using a hot iron. I wouldn't have thought of that in my dabbed out stupor lol. Thanks again for all the help. Ordering some tane for more runs. Anyone know where to get a tip to make the nozzle on the tane can a bit bigger. The hole in my tube is a bit large for the small tane tip.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

6. You'll run the risk of introducing moisture to your product. When you pull it out of the freezer while its so cold, it will condense moisture from the warm environment onto it.

and the cans come with different plastic tips in the lid, any of those should fit your tube.

7. Glad to see the thread getting bigger.. back again with a couple questions. A buddy of mine had entered in the secret cup that had just recently passed out here in phx. Sad to say only 6 out of 30 people passed for 0 solvent residuals. It may be out of 25 ' i dont remember. I can post up the results if anyone interested. On a good note my bro was one out of the six who passed. We talk alot of bho so our techniques are basically the same. And ive showed him alot of the info i gather from this thread alone. So thanksagain yall. :-D . Wish i Woulda entered i feel like I woulda passed as well forsure. Overall my buddy got 6th place. Even the first place winner failed the solvent test..

8. Now for my question.. i threw some of the oil he got from the cup in my vacuum chamber n let it do its thing. It wasnt oil that passed and these lil rainbow prisms that are normally on the butane bubbles. (While in the vac) these didnt look like rainbow prisms. They looked more like oil spots. Straight up. It looked different... any input on what kinda solvent it coulda been.?

9. Yeah most of the oil at cups tests really high for residuals sadly, congrats on your homie though! I know what you mean about the rainbow bubbles but idk what you mean when you say they look like oil spots. if you had a picture that would really help

10. #3071 jojo1989, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    No pics unfortunately. But really tho. I Thought they were rainbow prisms. But when i Looked closer. And meant like motor oil or cooking oil spots. Those bubbles didn't have rainbow prisms more like water oil type of rainbow. Lol .. crazy stuff.. .

11. I'm not sure what these prisms are but the oil on water description sounds normal to me

is it anything like these?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Good post Jimmy.  Now we can visually show what we mean.

13. #3074 Humanerror1991, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    sup guys got some question I need help on. I upgraded to a vac oven but can't seem to make snap shatter. They're coming out like crumble or honey comb. I'm monerting the temps and its reading between 94-100f. I deep vac to -29.5. Is that too much vac?

14. definitely not too much vac, you need to explain to us your tech so we know what you're doing.

15. #3076 GreenChub, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Hey would there be any benefits to stop the heat a couple days into purging or to lower it and keep it in the vacuum? i had about 20 grams or so in the vac for about 3 days at around 99 degrees . It came out super nice consistency sap-shatter. but i feel like it tasted better two days into it then it does now did i maybe over purge? if i throw it in the vac now it will still bubble but not much and only with small bubbles. Right now I have probably a little over an ounce in the vacc and its been in for two days. I gave it a taste test and it taste super bomb, but more sappy than shatter unlike the last which is much shattery ( same trimmingsin both slabs). I was just thinking what if i take it off the griddle, and purge for a couple more days under no heat or little at all, would that maybe keep the taste and help solidify it more? or is that pointless?
    Also, how can you really tell when its done? When it stops bubbling completely or  will it always have little bubbles from air ?
    Thanks guys everyones been a big help so far, please let me know what you think appreciate it !

IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0476.jpg
    this is the first one that lost its taste but has super nice consistency.

And this is the one in the chamber that taste super good, (and got me a little higher) but is sappy not shatter at all 
    (Not as dark as it is in the pic its almost the same color as the first. The outsides seem to be kinda crumbly/honeycomby)
    IMAG0480.jpg

UPDATE: Hey so i scraped the out side of the wax in the chamber and put it in a pile and spread it kinda thin and started purging and this is what i got
    IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0481.jpg
    super yellow is this part gonna come out crumble? why would that happen? should i purge it the same as the other slab that I've been purging like shatter, even though its a little sappy.

Can you guys explain? It just confused me I've done both batches the same and they are my first two batches.
    Appreciate any help

16. I'm blasting on to the Pyrex glass then water bath the product with temp 94-100f. After that I transfer the wax to parchment paper. Then I put the oil in the oven and then vac and release until there's no over puff. Then I deep vac to -29 and shut off the pump. I usually revac twice a day, one in the morning and one more at night.

17. #3078 jojo1989, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    @Jimmycarter thanks for trying to help me or us understand about the bubbles I explained. And sorry I'm having the worst time trying to explain on top of it... But unfortunately those bubble pics seemed fairly normal. And the ones I encountered were still uglier.. like if the bubbles were to pop. I'm sure the lil oil rainbow spot would have just collapsed onto the patty and still woulda been visible. Which it was just harder to see. It really looked as if some other type of solvent was in it. I'm only very familiar with butane extraction.. so I wasn't sure if maybe perhaps someone has seen this type of oil stain on a bubble. I made sure I wasn't tripping either. I had someone else look too.. that's why i like to do it myself so i know exactly what's in it. And what's not. Thanks for the help though for sure. And sorry I couldn't provide a picture. I'm sure this has mad potential to look like a huge ramble of nonsense. Lol if anyone has ever noticed what I'm disscussing.thank you. Glad to be apart of the thread

18. Another thing I wanted you o mention about the secret cup. I remember we discussed at one point in time about if leaving it in the vac for days would degrade terps. Or certain temps n stuff. Well my bud who got 6th place. Did 5 days in the vac. It was Dewaxed as well and got represented for highest terpines

19. only if you're temps are too high can you vac for too long IMO. I've purged more sappy stuff from the low 80s to the high 90s towards the very end for 5-6 days and it was great.

GreenChub, are you flipping your slab at all throughout those 3 days or has it just been sitting under vaccum+heat?