How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. I would have your pump running. I shut mine off for a while too but I turn it back on for an hour or two here and there. Theres no need to release your vacuum before turning your pump back on.

2. Still under vacuum, At what point signals bho is ready?

3. This is how it came out, around 100 hours of vac time, 46g
    [​IMG]

4. Sorry I didn't see ur other question until just now. I've been busy. That don't look too bad. It took forever tho! I only had a couple strains that I couldn't get to properly wax no matter how long I left it in the vac. But at least yours waxed up. How's it taste?

5. I think that shatter has a bit more taste but the wax is definately stronger

6. Nice. Looks like it should fit one. That would definitely save your arm some wear and tear if it does! Haha.

7. Quick question for you jimmy. I'm having a problem with the outcome of the product. I'm using a oven and vaccing the product at -29.3. With temps between 93-98f. Some are shatter and some are coming out crumble looking but it's super sparkely. Can i change the form of the crumble into shatter? Also to prevent products in the future turning into crumble what should I do? Am I vaccing the product too negative?

8. @JimmyCarter

How long can I save shatter for...if I have it in a dark cool place...in a glass jar?

9. Thanks everyone for answering my questions!

Attached Files:

10. Looks like it just waxed on you.  Looks pretty good though.  Whats your tech maybe we can help you refine it.

11. trim an a Pyrex tube, pack in the trim and zip tie 4 coffee filters to the end. Freeze that until the glass is very frosted. Then pull tie out of freezer and run a can of vector 5x through the tube Into a Pyrex dish in a hot water bath

This is my purge station,
    Ignore the green silicon plate that's for my qwiso extractions. I filled the griddle up with enough water to coat the underside of the pryrex turned it to warm/simmer setting and blasted right into the pyrex.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417102544.674774.jpg

This is the knife tip as I'm popping bubbles. Was excited cuz it was hardening up to be translucent.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417102693.231235.jpg

After heating for longer/popping bubbles and stirring it up it turned this blond white color.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417102814.289672.jpg

Any tips/pointers or a shared experience would be awesome! I'm subbed up to this thread, definitely gonna run some bho again so if like to refine my technique.

That run yielded 2 grams on maby a half zip+ of trim.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

12. After heating for longer/popping bubbles and stirring it up it turned this blond white color.
    [​IMG]ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417102814.289672.jpg

Any tips/pointers or a shared experience would be awesome! I'm subbed up to this thread, definitely gonna run some bho again so if like to refine my technique.

Stirring caused it to honeycomb

13. Do not stir/whip your product.  That is why you got what you got.  said it a million times whipping adds atmosphere/water to your extract causing it to degrade faster.

14. ok thanks for the tip! I've been messing around with different forms of hash and the bho held the taste of the plant best over qwiso so id like to continue with bho. With my current purging setup would you recomend simply popping the bubbles or not touching it at all? After putting it in the silicone container it has a waxy budder consistency. Will not siring or popping bubbles keep it more like a translucent shatter?

Again thanks for the help. GC is so awesome! Been growing indoors for a year now and I love it so much.

15. Don't touch it at all except to flip the patty.  But I assume you are just heat purging.  I don't think you need to flip then.  It should come out a nice pull and snap, or shatter consistency.  It gets that consistency you have because you are whipping it.

16. Honestly, I would still flip even if just heat purging

17. ^ Yeah I have honestly never done a heat only purge.  So I honestly don't know the best method.

18. Yea I have no access to a vac or a vac oven. So I'm just doing a hot water bath. I was blasting directly into the Pyrex so once it purged I had to scrape it up with a razor blaze. Should I lay a sheet of parchment paper in the Pyrex and blast on to that so I can flip it over and such? Sorry if I sound like a total noob but I am.