How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. @pdasterly that's dope I wish I can do a big run..hey if u don't mind, what type of and how much material? How much tane? And Did u freeze any of it?

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2942 jojo1989, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Does anyone recall the list Mr chonkski posted for me. For the passive system.. i am building if so ill post pic once Its complete. I have an important question. There is a concentric reducer with a 1/4" nipple attatched to the side. it's for recovery. So my question is. If anyone has used this concentric reducer with the quarter inch nipple on it how well is it working for you guys or how well do you think it will work.. opposed to just drilling a 1/4" hole on the collection lid.. I'm still going to put it together let's say it doesn't work that's no problem I will just drill a quarter inch hole like grey wolf does for the little terp .. and I've already received a clear answer from @bombchonksi himself. I believe what he tells me. I just wanted to hear some feedback from anyone who is using a passive recovery system thanks yall o_O gracias

3. #2943 pdasterly, Oct 1, 2014
    unknown amount(maybe 24 ounces), strain looks like ken's gdp(trimmings, popcorn buds and sugar leaves). I ran 27 cans of power 5x. whats the freezer part for?

4. that slab looks way too thick, spread it out all the way

5. #2945 pdasterly, Oct 1, 2014
    what would be a good way to spread out. It was edge to edge in my pan before i flipped it over. its sticky to the touch in its current state. I was shooting for shatter, temps are 95 but material doesn't seem capable 

6. put a piece of parch over it and spread it out the size of that silicone pan thing. you'll probably have to throw it in the fridge for a minute or two to peel off the parch. from the pics it looks super thick.

7. ok i thinned it out some with the parchment paper and a large cooking pot to press it down some. material is pretty strong though pliable.
    I would guess patty is around 3-5mm thick

8. It took me a week and a half to read through all 148 pages of this thread, but i'm finally caught up.  i'm new to the forums and have taken a serious interest in bho.  i live in a non-med state, and different forms have finally started showing up around here.  after talking to some of the folks that have some involvement in the product, i just don't feel great about their methods(especially after reading this thread).  so here i am, trying to learn as much as i can in preparation of doing my own runs.  this thread has been a wealth of knowledge, thanks so much to the knowledge purveyors in here.  

i hate to be the greenhorn looking for approval, but that is pretty much what i am.  i plan on starting small and paying attention to detail to see if this is something i want to pursue more seriously.  i plan on running a half to full oz the first few times and simply heat purging for sufficient time.  here is my planned setup, abridged:

-10-28g glass blasting tube with layered unbleached coffee filters reinforced with stainless steel screen and clamp.
    -blast dehydrated material into 8x8 pyrex for initial butane removal.
    -inside for the final purge of butane over a steady heat source.

the final purge is of course of the biggest concern to me as the search for a clean product is what has led me doing this on my own.  i've come up with an interesting concept that i want to run by you more knowledgeable artists.  i own a water oven that is capable of maintaining a water bath to within 1 degree F, at a range of 85F-210F, for days at a time.  i know that moisture is obviously an issue in this process.  what i plan on doing is constructing a lid that would hold my pyrex bain marie style so that the bottom of it is in the water bath, but the steam is contained away from my oil.  any steam that may escape would only do so under the lid and vented away with a fan.  i would cover the exposed oil in the pyrex with a framed piece of silk screen to protect from any enviromental contaminants.  i also considered adding a desiccant as well(rice or possibly rock salt) on the screen as further protection from humidity.  my concern there would be any small particles from the desiccant falling through the screen and into my oil.

i would like to hear what you guys think about this possible setup.  it would be a little extra construction, but if done properly i feel it could work.  i enjoy the idea of being able to regulate my heat and being able to let it purge for days at a time if need be without excessive worry.  thoughts?  input?  horrible idea?

my last quick question concerns the amount of oil in the pyrex when only performing a heat purge.  i know that the more surface area/thinner the better off you are.  at what point does an 8x8 pyrex become too small to purge properly using only heat?  or rather, what is the maximum thickness of oil in a slab that would be safe to purge using only heat?  i can see investing in a full vac setup down the road, but i first want to make sure that this is something that i'm completely comfortable with first.  

Thanks in advance for your input and again for the wealth of knowledge contained here.

9. #2949 cdphalanx, Oct 1, 2014
    it sounds like youre very much on the right track, here. your idea for the water bath should work out just fine.

just remember to keep track of the oil temperature itself, rather than the water temp. 

i probably would not bother with the desiccant on top, but thats partially b/c i know id end up knocking it into my oil.

also, your 8x8 id say would be fine for a couple oz run

good luck and keep us posted!

10. yeah thats awesome you read through it, not enough people do that :metal:

and like @cdphalanx said, I wouldnt do any more than 2 zips of nug into that dish. What kind of tane are you using?

11. Oh ya got that glass candy. :-D this oil would not move at temps under 105. It stayed at 110. Terp town I might add.

Attached Files:

i plan on using Lucienne.  i have some items on order that i'm trying to wait for patiently.  i could act faster(and spend more) by submitting to the mercy of the local head shop, but i like the equipment i've found online more.

as far as reading through the thread, it seemed crucial to me.  every time i was tempted to skip ahead i would come across some small new evolution in the process.  it was fascinating really, and got my mind turning in regards to how i could maximize my own effort with what i had already on hand.

i definitely plan on picking up an IR thermometer to keep track of the oil temp.  the nice thing about this system will be that the oil should never exceed the water temp.  the bath uses a PID to slowly build to the desired temp instead of flash heating everything.  i'm hoping this will make achieving desired consistencies a bit easier, especially starting out.  i will certainly keep you guys posted.  the biggest challenge right now will be constructing the lid and waiting on a few other items to arrive.  Thanks so much to you and JC for the responses and input.

14. Lucienne is always my go-to. Are you getting it locally? if so, you're a lucky bastard! :p

I cant get any of these shops around here to stock it, I've even given a few their contact info for the importer thats based in chicago... how much more can I really do to get them to stock it? hahahahaha

15. My first experience with bho was seeing a picture of shatter and drooling over it . I was amazed and surprised I had never seen or tried it, considering myself quite a connoisseur of chronic. So I immediately started reading, [this whole thread} researching, watching vids, which led me to trying to make it . That seems to be the only consistency I cant get, so now its just principle I guess. I am thinking I don't vac long enough maybe ?

16. #2956 Jimmy Carter, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    how long and what temps are you vaccing at?

consistency has no bearing on the quality of the product when made properly..

17.  please enlighten

18. Just about 72 hrs later. No dewaxing this time. Don't know the strain. Used newport. 110℉ in chamber. Super shattery lol

Attached Files:

i haven't found it locally yet.  i was able to find a few cans on amazon for $4 a piece plus shipping.  the seller only had a few so i bought them all.  i'm hoping to be able to talk someone around here into carrying it, but the local shops already charge a premium for brands i've never heard of and have never seen mentioned here or on skunk pharms.

20. Vacuum purged for 3 days but bho is too sticky. Sap like. Is there a way I can fix this?