How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. ive done a few runs, some came out good some not so good. Im trying to understand the vacuum chamber. How long should i vacuum for and how do i know if bho is done?    Im assuming when the bubbles stop. I know every strain is different because I don't change recipe and i get different results everytime.

2. That happened to a batch I did one time.  No idea why or what it is, but I tossed those sections.

3. @[member="pdasterly"] just because the bubbles stop does not mean its done. do yourself a favor and read through these BHO threads, you'll find what you're looking for.

purge times are highly dependent on a few things; slab thickness, slab viscosity, and heat.

when you see your slab begins to look smooth/no more activity, flip it over and keep going. I generally purge at 90-98F for 36-72hr

4. This is the stuff I was talking about . You can see one of the red streaks the other one is real faint
    @ jimmycarter @everyoneelse

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

5. hard to tell but it looks like thats a piece on heat, and the heat has changed its color where its thinner and not yet where its thicker?
    I like to gently rolling pin my slabs for an even thickness throughout

6. This thread is amazing, I'm still using no vac just doing small runs, but I just made this perfect golden shatter. These guys are awesome. Yield was a problem last time, but I ran nicer nugs, got just under 14% yield. Tech is right on. Right now I'm trying to get a hold of a pound or 2 of really nice trim from my friend and buy a vac and run it all. Really hoping it goes through. I'll figure out the picture thing eventually

7. I could use some clarification. The writer says 190+ is good for honey, so would this temp be used through the entire process? Heat purge and the vacuum purge? If I heat purge at 190 and lower it for the vacuum purge will I not end up with honey? Any insight would be dope

8. do not vac at temps like that, you'll most likely implode your vac chamber. if you're planning on making heated sap, you wont need to much vac. and 190 is pretty high, that can easily be done at 170, thats as low as my oven will go.

9. I also started doing this recently after I saw JC post a pic where he mentioned he flipped and rolled out.... it made WAY too much sense and Ive employed it ever since. Changed my flip game and ive gotten no waxing since even at the same temps Ive been dealing with forever. Slabs mustve just been too thick in some areas

10. Thank you so much dude

11. yayer!

12. Took me a few days but finally read the whole topic and learned so much. Thanks for everyone putting in the effort to spread knowledge!

I'm waiting for some gear in the mail but I'll be sure to update on how my run goes. First time doing it btw :p

13. more people need to do what you just did^

:metal:

14. Can't wait to see the bombness

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. does decarboxylation  increase potency, looking to make some club grade stuff. Seems like the stuff in the club is stronger than what I can make

16. ok I have never posted anything didn't feel I should jump in until I did a few runs myself a whole lot of research and read this entire thread I live in Toronto so therefore don't know if I have as much access to some of the products u guys r using but I have been spending money like crazy since I found out about shatter not three months ago I had a couple questions hope somebody might be able to help I notice while reading that u can reply like if jimmy carter said something I didn't understand and wanted clarification how do I make it so what jimmy said comes up in a blue box above my response to him sorry if it is a stupid question but I have never been in a forum or thread b4 any help appreciated ...

17. i must say though thanks to all u guys who feel the need to share information about this amazingly beautiful process we call extracting it really is a wonderrrful weerrrrlllllld of dabs

18. Punctuation would help.

Is anyone supposed to read that?

19. quick question on decarbing. My oven(house oven) only goes down to 170, how long should I bake for? I want high thc, not cbd