How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Jimmy carter. ,anyone...So if I didn't use the cans anymore. What would be my next route? Getting a good mixture of propane butane? But if I did use the cans. I'd be better off with colibri ?

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Its funny ive been trying so long to get my lhs to get good butane and they refuse to go outside their current suppliers... all the carry now is london and clipper pure isobutane which is just retarded. Gonna have to order a master case of lucienne I think...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. my second case of lucienne is due to show up tomorrow, not that ive tried many brands, but i noticed a major taste improvement moving from Stok (carried at lhs) and the lucienne. way cheaper, too

4. #2864 budsmoker55, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    I order a case of lucienne every month off eBay has been working out perfect for me .. And $50 for a case of 12, opposed to the $75 I used to spend on vector which according to skunkpharm is less pure so it's pretty much a win win in my case lol

5. Jimmy, you sent that email after directly after I walked out of the shop, sitting with my friend who works there(the manager) out in the parking lot, we pack full a cyclone suger cane and started smoking , i read the email and had him trade me out of the puretane, back for the colibri, and he read the email and is ordering lucienne for me, thanks for your timely response

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I started on this forum a year ago and now have the reputation of the best product , easy enough, I'm from Arkansas, but all of my Chico friends tell me I make some greatness. .. I have tried several cans of tane, and colibri has been my choice brand, i am going to switch it over on note of Jimmy carter, would like to know other options of tane other than can tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. @ bombchonkski @[member="JimmyCarter"] @[member="todderfran"] My 100 mesh finally came in! :-D .. . The 100 mesh is ideal right?

Attached Files:

8. @[member="angsty"] London is fine.

@[member="jojo1989"] those still need coffee filter or lab paper IMO. I use a 1.5" paper punch to punch out little circles of filter paper that fit nicely between the spool and the screen gasket. The guy who turned me on to these tubes uses just the screen gasket but I think its too coarse to use on its own.

9. #2869 bombCHONKSKI, Sep 3, 2014
    Hey you guys, I was on glacier tanks today and happened to throw an estimate for a full passive system together.

I was pretty spot on when I said 400$ COMPLETE, ready to extract just 400$

With the parts you guys already have it would be so much cheaper and easier since you're a quarter way there. Please let me know if your interested and I can help. I think a little passive system would be awesome.

Then you don't have to worry about mystery oil, or buying shit tons of tane!

10. Agreed agreed. But the 100 mesh? Since I'm using ss. I guess I don't have to worry too much about pressure.. but if I bought lets say a 50 mesh I don't even know if they have em.. would I want the 100 mesh over the 50 still?

11. 50 mesh is going to be even more coarse. if anything, 150 mesh would be better if you want to use it by itself. Are you running a closed loop?

12. Hey dude... Im interested to see what your parts list looks like and get an idea of how youre envisioning that passive. I was just doing the same kind of thing last night on GT but definitely couldnt get to the $400 mark. Willing to bet my mental design was over-complicated, tho

13. Ya let me know as as well

Please

14. Can I get an idea on the gain i would recieve investing in the Closed loop System? Just less tane, or better pressure better return? 
    Anyone have a picture of the system

15. I'm working right now fellas, but give me a few hours and I'll put together the list and perhaps draw up a 5year old drawing/diagram.

I am missing one of the pieces or I would be able to build it at my house just to take pictures.

I will add this to the closed loop thread so future skimmers will be able to find

16. I wanted something like the little TERP setup I do a single pass right now. Like 3 cans per zip. Been dewaxing. Some find it not worth it but I'm testin it out. I get pretty good yields already . I just want a more professional system

17. didnt even know there was a CLS thread... looks like i know what im doing this afternoon :)

t

18. So if I'm doing small runs .. a zip or two.. even a qutie.. why would someone exactly want to upgrade to a cls? Sorry if it's dumb question I just really want to understand

19. Duuuuude 3 cans of Tane per oz??? That is waaaaay too much. One can per zip is standard. I use about 70-80% of a can per oz myself.
    Duuuuude 3 cans of Tane per oz??? That is waaaaay too much. One can per zip is standard. I use about 70-80% of a can per oz myself.

20. #2880 bombCHONKSKI, Sep 3, 2014
    Even if I only had a qt of an oz to run, I would still want to pack it in my smallest column with coffee filters and run that bitch through the closed loop! Lol

There are a number of reasons that it is more of an efficient process.

1. SAFETY! When running in a closed loop, you initially pull a vacuum on the system before you run butane through it. The point is that there is NO atmohere being mixed with butane(just like in the can). Butane is only explosive when mixed with oxygen (I believe it's 1.8-5%). This alone greatly decreases the danger risk, and increases the safety of the operator and those around. It still should be handled like open blasting. And the operator should be very confident that the system does not leak by regularly pressure testing the system.

2. Being able to distill you're canned butane. By doing this you are ensuring that you are not getting heavy contaminates or mystery into your extraction. These contaminates are too heavy to purge off, so after the first distillation by running the system without material in it, you know that your butane is 100% evaporative in the conditions you want. So you are left with nothing but clean errl (maybe ppm of solvent left but that's as usual) after properly purging.

3. Being able to conserve and re use butane. Simple, and effective. I used to go through about 100$ every working day just blasting off cans of butane. When I stepped up to a closed loop was when I bought my last case of lucienne. Been running strong on it ever since April without needing to buy more tane. You can safely say that my investment has payed off with plenty of icing (or errl) on the cake.

4. The atmosphere! I dunno about you guys, but when I was evaporating off all the tane, I didn't feel very good about it. I am someone who takes pride in doing things the right way, it feels better at the end of the day knowing that I'm doing things just about as properly as one can get when it comes to hydrocarbon extraction of cannabis.

Now don't get me wrong fellas! Don't pull out the pitchforks and torches. I don't disagree with open blasting if you have no choice and simply have no other way of getting the medication without going broke buying it from a shop or the streets. I am all for DIY. But when it comes to making this stuff for others and making donation from it, you owe it to the patients and yourself to be putting out proper meds. What made you buy a vac pump and chamber? That same notion should push you that much further into investing in your own CLS.

Whether it be for yourself, or others, you guys should definitely plan on stepping it up! I can literally taste the difference of not having mystery oil in my errl.

I will put that list together by tonight and have it posted
    You can get whatever column/collection tank sizes you need too. Smaller sizes will of course be cheaper and visa versa.