How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. So peopl know what they're looking at.. that is the top view of my glass frit funnel full of wax, lipids, etc. After a 35 g run.. sat in some dry ice for about 3 hours. No oil frozen this time :) lol yay!

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. :metal:

so were you freezing too long before?

3. Now I keep a lil room inbetween the dry ice and Pyrex cup. . Before I had all the dry ice touching my Pyrex. and sitting directly ontop of a block of dry ice. Which i assume led it to freeze oil within the HOUR.. so yes. It's still pretty close to the cup. The ice looks like it's touching the cup.. Just like how you guys told me to use a towel in between the ice in the cup to buffer the coldness.. same thing basically

4. ^yeah direct contact with the dry ice can be too cold.  I usually wrap my container in a towel, or layer it above the dry ice just like your talking.

5. Ok, made it to page 130, decided to try a run. No vac, dehydrated for 3 hours at 100 f. Then filled my tube pretty tight, it was just above 11 grams pre dehydrator. After that I just ran it, didn't put the tube in the freezer, the butane was in a cold room so that was pretty cool. I ran half a can of capital (local to me so I thought if give it a go). My question is how long does the butane stay in your tubes before reaching the bottom? It seemed to run through the material pretty quick. Used half a can, blasted most of it, did it into a skillet unplugged with a sand bath at 110-115f, then waited for a bit, and blasted the rest of the half. The butane boiled off real fast, like a minute or 2, and there was only a little slightly tanish slop. After plugging it back in and getting the temp back up to around 100-110 it was completely clear, but there was not much. I started with nice flowers, loosely broken into small nugs by scissors. Yield looks like 7%, little over .7, not really sure why, any clues? Could I have just not blacked it hard enough, it was definitely tight and uniform, I even did a second run, came out with like identical wax, only 1% yield, definitely not worth it lol that was packed way tighter than the first one, and the excess gap filled with coffee filters. I used a coffee filter with a silk screen to prevent blowouts in a glass tube. It looks really nice, just open air at 105 on parchment for the last 5 hours. Really small amount and pretty thin, so it'll purge pretty quick, thinking about giving it a test in an hour or 2

6. thats just what the material yields. I dont question yield anymore, if my tech is on point to whatever I have been doing in the past, then thats just what the material yields. it is what it is. thats still good in terms of oil extractions in general. when people steam distill herbs to produce essential oils like used in aromatherapy/medicine, its not uncommon to see 1% or lower yields. Us Cannabis extractors have it pretty good actually :p

7. Been reading this for so long, so cool actually doing it!! I'm getting an oz Tm and running it all Ill try to snap a pic of that, this first stuff is gonna keep going overnight, scooped a dab out for myself, really solid shatter already even at 105, may not have yielded great but boy was that stuff tasty

8. @[member="JimmyCarter"] so Im doing a run. 24hrs into vaccuum. This stuff is extremely stable . This is gonna be some glass shatter forsure. But I have to keep the temps higher than I'm used too. What's the highest temp u have made shatter with? I been keepin it 102℉ to 100℉ for the past 5 hours. Its barely starting to flattin out. still a grip of bubbles. I'm nervous to take it past 105℉ ? Full vacuum that should be plenty of heat right?

9. I would leave it where its at and just keep going. it will settle in time. after a few flips you should be able to bump it up to 120 or so, not under vacuum, to give it a nice finish.

10. I'll post a pic real real shortly so u can see what it looks like at about 36hours. Still a lot of bubbles. But Its definetly flattinin out n lookin done kinda lol.. honestly I decided to absolutely not take it past 105℉ . And not under 100. A lot of Bubbles.. making progress forsure. But it's taking forever

11. #2831 jojo1989, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    Plz tell me what yall think. @ jimmycarter @todderfran. Maybe I'll end up takin it off vaccuum and puttin it 120 to give it that nice finish. Sooner then I thought

12. yeah you'll be safe at 120 for 10 minutes or so not under vacuum

13. This is around 36+ hrs at 100℉ to 105℉ normally I would keep it in the nineties but boy with this stuff stable.
    * @ jimmycarter, thnx off the tips brother. I took the patty out n left on the stove at 120℉ with a flip as well.. that literally is what made it flattin out to perfection. It looks so amazing now.. I'll be posting a pic shortly. So now that it's flat the way I want it I flipped it again threw it in the vacuum so it can cheese up a little more gosh I can't wait to show you what it looks like now

Attached Files:

14. Beautiful Jojo.  I have been messing around with runs lately and am finding with some strains that come out total glass you will neeed to increase temp a tad to esasily purge it.  Yes you can do it at 100 degrees for 36 hrs+ or is it better to bump up temp a tad to 110 and finish it in 24 hrs.  Which will degrade more terps :confused_2:  the higher temp, or more time exposure to vac?  Just what has been bouncing around in my head.  Also to get that picture perfect patty like you see on instagram and shit it takes some manipulation.  It doesn't usually come out of the vac looking like a nice swiss cheese slice.  A little heat and no vac,  I keep telling people this, but lots don't seem to get it.  Again fricking beautiful man. :yay:

15. @[member="todderfran"] Thank you man, respect. It's almost done so I'll post a pic shortly

16. Didn't know you were on IG todder, what's your name?!

And since i had to catch up I saw you guys were talking about gaskets. Jetgasket.com is where it's at for cheap gaskets!

17. I bought some gaskets on amazon i thot they would be soft.. their Teflon but super dense like hard plastic. I didn't even use them. I just crank the clamp good. And it's sealed. I definitely want to buy some better clamps. If I use them I'd imagin there would be a lil gap in between my end cap and spool..

18. Ptfe gaskets are the best and the worst at the same time.

They are mandatory for running at subzero temps or pressures above 150 psi for closed systems, but they are a bitch to seal like you mentioned. Much easier with high pressure clamps.

Terp extractors sent me one with a part I ordered from them, it works great with a high pressure clamp but not the single hinge

19. @todderfran. That's a good question runnin thru to mind forsure. That question I wonder myself. I do have a buddy, when making oil with his flowers. He leaves in the vac for about 3 days. Low temps below 100. A1 when it comes to taste. Even better than mine.. cuz I get my flower elsewhere. But even with his product being in the vaccuum for days.it seriously plays with ur pallot like non other.. it really taste amazing.. I have a feeling it's high temps.all speculation..

20. @[member="bombCHONKSKI"] ohhh ok understood... I wanna put together the lil terp extractor.. have u seen?