How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. #2241 budsmoker55, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Idk I've had my micro gpen for a while never really liked it, atomizer sucked and taste was awful, only used it for the portability .. But I have to admit I got the halo globe attachment and it hits awesome, and honestly doesn't taste bad at all first hits are actually quite pleasant lol .. No rig of course, but definitely no complaints!

2. Again, I'm the guy who makes oil from trim, so flavor is irrelevant.
    Your right, I've probably never tasted good oil.
    But I have pounds, it's more or less free (cost me my labor) and it's clean.

3. Trim oil tastes just fine when properly done.

4. Def right about the taste,the first few days it's decent but after that it does get a kinda shitty taste,would the reclaim from a health stone taste similar?Like you said its nice to toss a chunk in it and puff goin down the road or at shows,bars etc.Concentrates are new to me over the past year or so.Not real popular on the east coast(ny) but it's popping up more and more.I prefer to make my own or get it from my one buddy that gets it from Cali or Colorado.just need to order a vac and chamber

Sent from my Mansion on Mars.

5. is your recipe in this thread for making oil? I haven't read thru the thread.
    if not do you mind telling us how you make your oil?

6. My tech is very basic but thorough.
    I use a Tamisium 700. Run 8 oz at a time. Just started dehydrating this year. Not sure I see a major difference with trim that dry and brittle to start with.
    I usually do three batches/runs at a time. Each run is scraped into a Petri dish(about 36 g.) and set on my hot plate 160 for 24 hrs then full vac at 160 for another 3 days + (until bubbles quit appearing ) burping as often as I can. (Turning the vac back on to maximize pressure)
    Package and deliver.
    I have multiple chambers set up so I don't have to stop.

7. My tech is very similar to what stupid stuff showed, but I was taught from my nephew when he came home from UCLA about 3 years ago. I didn't truly understand the science and variety behind it all until I found StupidStuff.
    Thank you all

8. Re-claim is re-claim.  From a health stone or not.  The Health stones just make it easier to get at.  In a pen re-claim is not too bad.  has a bit of a resiny aftertaste or shitty iso hash.  Very tolerable when in a pinch.

9. Nice to know thanks man.

Sent from my Mansion on Mars.

10. So this old man has killed to many brain cells. My nephew graduated in 2012. I've only been doing this 2 years. Feel like forever.

11. And this is why I can't smoke at work. Rather than pay attention to what is in my smokehouses, I to busy posting irrelevant stuff.

12. idk why but my product came out transparent and parts of it is cloudy....temp never went past 120....have it in vac atm still reaction....only used 2 cans of power 5

13. had the slab sitting on a zoomed heat pad since lastnight around 10:00..woke up this morning and the pad was still on hisghest temp was 114f and seem there was transparent and crumble looking spots majority...i want clear shater but dont want too flash heat cause i dont want honey sap..

14. at temps that high it is definitely going to wax up on you everytime

15. its more crumble then wax...

16. Crumble/wax.  Same thing really.  120 is too high for shatter no temp to 105 is as high as I would go.

17. thanks could i change it too shatter?flash heat? my pot wont hold a vac past 22hg

18. You could flash heat it but I am not a fan.  Is wax really that bad?  Just dab it and be happy.  But yes you can flash heat it.  what altitude are you at?  Could be why you gauge only goes to 22.  Listen to the pump.  They will start to quiet down when it reaches full vac.  You gauge may just be off.

19. I have 3 lids they're all off.
    At full vac one reads past 30, is guess 33, the other 2 max at just over and just under 28.
    Would love to know how to calibrate them
    Until then, I just keep the needle pegged