Smoke Buddy fix everyone should know

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Mcthriz, Oct 13, 2012.

1. I have also considered making my own plastic refillable (dryer sheets) filter tube, made with plastic PVC piping (about 1"-1.5" dia) that have the rivets on the ends to extend the piping. I made a simple 'L' shape with two parts, then found a purple skull thing like the ceramic or clay hollow figures you can get for fish tanks, and it fits perfectly on top of the U-bend corner pipe, and if I could get it attached just the back of the skull to the pipe, using a bracket of some kind, it would be perfect to lift the skull head to replace dryer sheets, but the easier option is just to securely glue the skull to the pipe and just unscrew the two pipe pieces to refill. BONUS, the smoke exhaled would blow up out of the skull and look BADASS! :) I just need motivation and the tools needed to make it! (I have the pipes and skull!)

2. Stumbled across this site when I did a search for a clogged Smoke Buddy (Jr.), and then decided to join. He and I have been friends since I put him in my Christmas stocking this past year, and is now almost impossible to use. Going to try this out, thanks for the tip!

3. Dryer sheets make the smoke smell like dryer sheets and marijuana. They don't work.I don't get why you people keep claiming they do

A smoke buddy uses activated carbon. Do you know what activated carbon is? It's little rock materials that filter air. It's the stuff growers use to pump their grow room air through. That's why every time a grower gets busted it's funny to hear the neighbors say ' had no idea that whole house had 2,000 marijuana plants inside of it. Yeah. Because activated carbon works.

Also a pro tip to anyone that lives with mommy and daddy or whatever... just buy activated carbon by itaelf and make your own filter.

A tub of activated carbon ---- $10. Good for 200 smoke buddies
    1 smoke buddy ---- $20. Good for 1 smoke buddie

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hell yeah man my Smokebuddy Jr. was only nine bucks new and I hardly ever see smoke come out. I got the Jr so I can carry it in my pocket and nobodies wtf is that, I could use a bigger one tho. It eliminates the odor smokebuddy is worth it man

6. I have a question for my smoke buddy. I had a few of them a few years back the medium ones and they lasted me several months. I bought them from my local smoke shop. Now they only carry the small and the larges which I have tried both. Upon purchasing both after opening them from the sealed packaging and removing the caps I found moisture in the mouthpiece area. Both of these lasted about 2-3 weeks before they felt loose and just began to pass smoke and smell straight thru them. Perhaps someone could enlighten me here of the issue of my product? Thanks :D

7. Best way to extend the life of your smoke buddy:

1. Microwave for 9 seconds
    2. Immediately after pulling it out, tape the mouth of the smoke buddy to a vacuum cleaner hose with electrical tape, and turn it on. This will truly suck most of the moisture out.
    3. After vacumming the steam out, put 2 packets of silica gel (like the ones that come inside New shoes) inside the smoke buddy and store it with the travel caps on for a day or so.

If you folloe these steps correctly , youll notice a huge reduction in resistance when using it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. And always store with Silica gel packets!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh yes they work! It states it’s only good for 300 uses. I’m gonna try the microwave. That’s pretty accurate for weed. Anyhoo, if it’s fresh enough a smokebuddy is my go to!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. So, for anyone wanting to know why this works, it's simple. The filters and activated charcoal gets moisture build up in your smoke buddy. Microwaving it, heats the moisture up to a point that by blowing through it blows out this heated moisture and "resets" the charcoal. This only works for moisture buildup, not for the tar and oil buildup. Also the silica packets in the mouthpiece when not in use is a fantastic idea to keep it as dry as possible.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Howdy I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to give a little tip. It's better to use a vacuum cleaner to pull the steam out because when you blow thru it, will add to the condensation that's collected inside the smoke buddy.

12. #32 Headhunterpipes, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2022
    [QUOTE="alicejenny, post: 25925418, member: 1150610" is an offshoot of Juckerspiel. It is a very well-known and fun game that became widely popular throughout Europe during the Napoleonic era.[/QUOTE]
    report.
    good day and good bye

13. omg thank you so very much!!!! This works very well

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I've bought 2 smoke buddy Jr's within 2 weeks, one I had in bathroom with hot shower running because I didn't know moisture messed it up, so it was clogged couldn't blow nothing through it. So I bought the second one used it maybe 10 times and it clogged to, didn't cough in it didn't have it anywhere with moisture, but it clogged too, so I stuck them in a bowl of rice( like you do with your phone when it gets wet) figuring its suxk up the moisture in them and they'd work again... so the second one I bought did after couple days in the sealed bowl it worked.. but after I used it a couple times again it clogged again but i put the lids on a threw it in my bag for a week, took it out and vlew nothing threw it, it was clwar but when i went to blow smoke through it it wouldnt work.. my friend used it for something other then maryjane a couple times so I'm wondering if that did it? But it shouldn't matter what kind of smoke right? But I don't understand why both of them only worked for a few days and that was it?? Any thoughts that's a little over 40 bucks and things are exspensive nowadays so I'd like to know what is the problem or cause... or are the jr ones just not really good? Love to hear some thoughts and opinions or advice......?

15. I remember having a smokebuddy back in the day.