Smoke Buddy fix everyone should know

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Mcthriz, Oct 13, 2012.

1. If your smoke buddy is getting hard to blow through and you want to extend its life then all you have to do is put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and blow out the steam. Let it cool down and it will be like new. It works for me but i'd like to see if it works for anyone else.

2. How long do they last? I just got one

3. They last for up to a couple of months. But it's super important not to cough into it because the moisture ruins it fast, the microwave trick works if someone coughs into it .

4. Tested and confirmed. Thanks for the tip!

5. Do people really use those? haha cool..

6. Yo guys, this is plastic I doubt it is safe to microwave, you may think you aren't eating out of it, but still I don't know about this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I dont have one of these, but if It only goes in the microwave for 10 seconds it shouldnt be too much of a concern

8. I'm assuming it will smell, but it might melt a little bit

9. Its not like you smoke out of it or anything. I looked into this product and it looks pretty damn legit. Don't think I would ever need one but still a great product idea.

edit in- Lol, I was gonna say I smell some trolling but I'm kinda doin it myself lol

10. does the smoke buddy really work? Ive been using a spoof for the longest time and im looking to invest in something a little more permanent, is it worth 20 bucks? And does it filter just the smell or smell and smoke

11. Yes it's way better than a Sploof it filters both smell and smoke and its 15 on amazon.

12. Ok thanks man, I will definitely be buying one soon. How long do they last, some people say about an oz of hits, some say a month, some say a year.

13. Yea I heard like 500 filters so 500 times? Don't feel like buying one every two months

14. anybody thinking about buying a smoke buddy, do it. trust me, there is NOTHING that can imitate it.

filters the smoke and the smell completely, and cmon, its only $20 thats pocket change guys :p

also, thanks for the tip! will try it if mine ever stops working as it should

15. #15 Cyllas, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    Just tried it, mine was so clogged you could not even blow clean air through it, 10 seconds in the microwave did the trick, went outside and blew it into the air, btw, in case anyone is wondering microwaving mine did not cause even the slightest hint of marijuana odor.

does anyone know if microwaving it takes away some of the odor eliminating? 

I used mine for about 5-6 months before it clogged, i used it multiple times every day.

edit: Also, it didnt melt either, only got slightly warm to the touch, prolly coulda went 15 seconds with no worry of melting

16. #17 Cyllas, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    Been smoking high quality through the refurbished smoke buddy,

Confirming that using this method does not make the smoke buddy work any less than it would bought brand new.

I wonder how many times this method works, could it be used to extend the life of a smoke buddy indefinitely,... i wonder.

17. I tried this and it worked like a champ. Good info.

18. there are diminishing returns...after you do it a bunch of times you have to do it more and more often...although, even if you had to do it ever morning....it still extends the life of the smoke buddy for a long....long time..

19. DO NOT BUY! STICK WITH A SPOOF IT WORKS MUCH BETTER! I think the fact it doesn't show the smoke is what gets everyone, even though air purifiers have the same filters in them. I can attest that my 'Spoof' (I had one made of a TP tube and one made of a much thicker, slimmer tinfoil tube, both with 2 fragrant dryer sheets I replaced once a month) masked and/or covered the smell MUCH BETTER than this "filter" did!! And after just one month of 5-times-a-day use, it's clogged up and can't pass air. So, I will try the microwave thing, but still think the free way is the best way!