Got a dui, they took my blood, i smoke daily :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vyndian, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Title says it all... I fucked up majorly. I got a DUI in Europe last night. I'm a fuckin idiot, I'm only 18 and have already fucked up my life. Anyways, I really just want to know if I am going to get more fucked since I have marijuana in my system. They took my blood and are going to do tests at a lab. Just let me know what you guys have to say...

2. You haven't fucked your life up man, we all get in trouble it's life. Just deal with this as it comes, you'll get through it bruuda

3. i think they would be more concerned with the alcohol lol.... seeing as generally driving high is a lesser offense than driving drunk.... but you never know

and as said above... you havent fucked your life up dude... my roomie has 2 DUI's (well, one was lowered to a DWAI, but the 2nd was a dui) and his life isnt even slowed down... but maybe europe is more strict???

4. OUI?

operating under the influence?

5. Don't let it get you down. You haven't ruined your life, you fucked up. Everyone in their life fucks up majorly, it was a stupid mistake. I don't have any advice apart from just take it as it comes man.

6. you got a dui in europe? were you visiting?

7. Thanks for the replies guys I'm trying to keep my head up... Just shitty that I made this mistake man & I've definitely learned from it. I just don't want things to get worse because of the herb in my system. I'd really hate to quit smoking too... But if I gotta do it I have to :/ once again thanks for the feedback, and roll up my *****s.

8. [quote name='"FatSesh92"']you got a dui in europe? were you visiting?[/quote]

Nah I just started living over here a few months ago. It just sucks because I think I'm gonna lose my job since it's a restaraunt on the base & airforce gets all the intel of what's going on...

9. so wait, do you live in EU or were you visiting?

Because if you are visiting.... im curious as to how probation works from over seas

NEVERMIND, you just answered it as i was typing lol....

10. shit, good luck homie

11. Supposedly my license is suspended for at least a year, and I have to pay a 500 euro fine. But I'm expecting something extremely worse. Luckily I live right next to the base so I can just walk to my job, that's if I still get to keep it.

12. lol my friend drove on a suspended license without knowing it for over a year dude. He found out....because his expired and he went to go get a new one HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fucking lucky lol

13. thats not even bad... here in CO you automatically lose your license for no less than a year, or 5 months, if you want a blow tube installed in your car (which is 80 bucks a month to rent, and has a false positive rate of about 5% which means you are stranded if it blows hot when you are sober) then my roomie's probation fee's for 1 year have come to around 6 thousand and his lawyer fee was 4 grand...

10 thousand goes poof if you get a DUI in colorado lol

14. "damage is already done" leads to blowing off probation requirements. When/if you go to court don't be a dick, don't argue against facts You did it, don't try to prove otherwise. Be apologetic and ashamed. If nothing else, it shows them that you aren't the typical douche who is absolutely going to re-offend. However shame is toxic, don't let it over run you, just use it to keep it you inline in the future.

Your attitude can turn 18months(random number) of probation into years and years of probation. If they are going to UA you, don't smoke. Do everything in your power not to show up on police reports, make smart choices in life. If everyone's going to the park to drink, don't join them. Give your P.O. reason to like you more then his typical client.

I'm in the states with 0 knowledge of your laws, the above is tips I give everyone I know when they first get in trouble.

15. [quote name='"Jmosley"']"damage is already done" leads to blowing off probation requirements. When/if you go to court don't be a dick, don't argue against facts You did it, don't try to prove otherwise. Be apologetic and ashamed. If nothing else, it shows them that you aren't the typical douche who is absolutely going to re-offend. However shame is toxic, don't let it over run you, just use it to keep it you inline in the future.

Your attitude can turn 18months(random number) of probation into years and years of probation. If they are going to UA you, don't smoke. Do everything in your power not to show up on police reports, make smart choices in life. If everyone's going to the park to drink, don't join them. Give your P.O. reason to like you more then his typical client.

I'm in the states with 0 knowledge of your laws, the above is tips I give everyone I know when they first get in trouble.[/quote]

So you think that I should quit smoking now then? :/ I don't have a P.O. Yet but I could possibly have one. Thankyou for the advice though it really is appreciated.

16. id stop smoking now, the general rule of thumb with probo is they will do a baseline UA on you too see whats up.

I had 2 friends get DUI's at almost the same time. One stopped smoking and one didnt. They both got baseline UA's and one passed, and never had another UA, the other failed, and was on 2 a month the entire time of probation

so, wait until you KNOW what probation is going to involve before you go in there with hot piss, because even though it takes cannabis 30+ days to leave the system, you could be counted as failing the first one even if you had stopped smoking a week before

17. Well in my personal experience, the first UA is a baseline. If the levels drop significantly from there, until you are actually passing, then all is well. Soooo... "smoke until you piss in the cup for the first time and then stop at that point" I guess. Again though I have absolutely zero knowledge of your laws so don't take it as pure fact.

I've been on probation for over a decade (not being a bad ass or bragging) for a variety of minor charges, plus a 2 DUIs in the middle there. I only say that bit so that I can without a doubt tell you, your life isn't over. Do not keep that thought process going or it will become a fact very fast. Use this as a learning experience and become better because of it, opposed to lay down and give up on having a successful life.

18. it is a baseline, but lets say the first time you took a UA you had a lot of water that day and it came in low already

then after the baseline you go in after a day of less water and piss a higher number even though you stopped...

too many factors lol, its safest to just stop smoking before you know what probation will involve, especially because if your baseline comes up completely negative they may not UA you at all beyond that EXCEPT for the last meeting, they generally try and fuck you at the end lol everyone i know has had to take a UA at the beginning and end, and a few had full time probo UA's (i was one of those until i got switched to mouth swabs 3 months ago lol) My PO actually ALMOST gave me a UA last month, the 2nd to last month of probation but she gave me a mouthswab because my UA's kept coming back with... interesting results lol... no drugs, just weird shit kept happening

19. I liked your post because I agreed with it but I had started typing before your post was submitted, or just didn't see it before I replied to OP again.

Although, "a lot of water that day and not on the second" makes loads of sense, unless the UA's are spaced out a couple weeks or more. That's a counter productive point though.. OP, yes quit now (maybe sneak a hit or two in if need be) just so you are that much more safe and will look that much better when the time comes for drug tests. How that 1 person (probation officer) views you will decide how smooth or rough probation is. Don't be an obvious kiss ass but don't make their job any harder then it already is.

20. flee to america??