Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tihspeed's Cookin with Cannabis part three

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Tihspeed, Oct 10, 2012.

1. If you possibly can use one of the jars you have your freezer weed in, use it because you'll have trics that may have fallen off by that time clinging to the glass. Just a little tip. Btw, there is an Index for my thread in my blog and most entries are linked to save time and reading. ;)

2. just so you know 151 is only 75.5 percent alcohol per volume and EC is 95 percent(some states have a maximum percentage 75.5 percent)

there is a website where lots of people who cant purchase Everclear who got it online... it was like Winespirits or some such... ill look to see if i saved the name... hopefully this is a work around for you... gimme a second

and the only read difference between cold processing and hot processing is the actual time the material is in contact... hot processing is processed on a stove and using a double boiler and on a electric stove/crock pot to help eliminate explosions using everclear

cold processing is just done with time(and from my reading is NECESSARY even when using heat to try and speed up the process) usually the cold processing is done over a minimum of a one month period.... the EC and MJ just literally sit and marinate.... one month later you can dip your finger and test the material and if it seems strong enough you can strain and use as desired, or you can let it sit for another month... as long as your using Alcohol as your medium you should be able to marinate forever is stored properly and completely submerged(ill have to check on this)

not much difference...

3. Buy Everclear Everclear Grain Alcohol 190@ online for less at Wine Chateau

boom.. this was the place posted in a edible thread i was reading and the prices and shipping were not bad... they shipped to cali and cali does not sell everclear

please keep me posted if your can order and ship to your state... if you can please post the state, this could help others in your shoes

4. Hey,
    151 Rum won't work?
    Oh well... guess I will just do it anyway since I just finsihed my second shaking!

I feel like Tickle on Moonshiners !
    What a bunch of guys!

Will order some everclear tonight ..or at least try to do so!:)

5. It works very well, just not as good as Everclear. You may need to reduce it a little more to make up for the extra water content, but it should be a good tincture. Several on my thread used 151 and were satisfied. You cant use it to make hash oil but it's fine as a tincture. And it even adds a bit of flavoring. :)

6. #46 durgahands, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks,
    I ordered from WineChateau one bottle 15$ with $15 for S/H !
    Note: someone age 21 has to sign for the package.

They do not ship to :
    NDakota
    Massachusetts
    Md
    N Hamsphire
    PA
    Tx
    Ut
    Louisiana

They have a refer a friend plan giving $10... so if anyone wants to drop my name I would appreciate that!

Durga is a she btw, kind sir!
    :)

7. Thank you kind sir

8. This is awesome!!!!  I just ordered a couple so now I can join in on the fun!   :hello:  So glad they ship to Oh! 
    Thanks to you and Sam for posting so much great info  :love:

9. Hello! Newbie here...[​IMG]

Probably horrible stupid question, but my math stinks! Can you please take my hand and help me understand the dosing?
    I totally agree with you that dosing is the KEY here, but I am unable to wrap my head around the numbers. (not surprising, I can't balance my checkbook!!)

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!