Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tihspeed's Cookin with Cannabis part three

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Tihspeed, Oct 10, 2012.

1. [quote name='"PsychedelicSam"']I was going to quote, but it's not there anymore:). Did you get your potency to a good level?[/quote]

Working on it right now

2. I've not had time to reduce using a heat source....so i'm just letting this reduce with the lid off....not bad for 48 hours

Once this is mostly reduced I will top it off and resume dosing

Attached Files:

3. had to dig out the order form... but i found it

here is where I got the spray bottles

4. is that for me :D

5. Nice thanks for the link Tih! I wonder if you could fly with that.. I have a trip to the Mexican Rivera in about a month :)

6. well... tough question.. you couldn't carry it on, thats for sure... the new sniffer scan things they have will totally not let you threw...

but if you checked it, it is under the max fluid size... i'd say yes...

the only shitty thing about the 2ML spray bottle i linked to... their snap on lids, not screw on lids... so it does not take much force to snap the sprayer off... so pack it carefully if you do

I easily found 2ML spray bottles that were glass and plastic with screw on tops, but you have to order them in huge quantities.... so i got these cheap five dollar packs and I got maybe 50 of them for trial and error...

7. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']

well... tough question.. you couldn't carry it on, thats for sure... the new sniffer scan things they have will totally not let you threw...

but if you checked it, it is under the max fluid size... i'd say yes...

the only shitty thing about the 2ML spray bottle i linked to... their snap on lids, not screw on lids... so it does not take much force to snap the sprayer off... so pack it carefully if you do

I easily found 2ML spray bottles that were glass and plastic with screw on tops, but you have to order them in huge quantities.... so i got these cheap five dollar packs and I got maybe 50 of them for trial and error...[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking to throw it in my checked bag.. Might be a little to risky though.

8. You've done a great Job.I've been reading Sam's thread for some time. He's wonderful!!!!

He's going to help me with honey.

9. Thanks, but Tihspeed deserves all the credit here. He was an excellent co-conspirator and provided as much as he received from me. His cannabis knowledge gives him great insight and I've incorporated some of his ideas that I've found since before he knew I existed. :cool:

Thanks for the kind words, though:).

10. #30 katealice, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  11. [quote name='"katealice"']A source, but plastic, probably can't take the alcohol base
    Small mister bottles
    Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fantasea-Fine-Mist-Spray-Bottle/dp/B000NJHNLW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1350585462&sr=8-3&keywords=plastic+small+mister[/quote]

I'd have to agree....plastic isn't good for alcohol....but I've used the same spray bottle for three months with only a small hiccup, the lid is not tight, sprayer works perfectly

Still working on more reduction.... 8 sprays at 100% reduction just numbs my body with the atomizer spray bottle....but so much better than just smoking and its stealthy, unlike smoking....hopefully I'll have documentation to follow

12. #32 katealice, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012

13. I already sent this to Tihspeed. These folks have very reasonable single and bulk rates. www.specialtybottle.com

14. Thanks much

15. I know i've been slacking on this thread....

next up: Whipped BHO brownies... the Butane is on order... should be here in three days... sorry, but i felt compelled to bump to ensure I would post updates

speed

16. Hey,

Wow, I appreciate your droppin by NoobwannB's
    Smart pot wick thread.
    You are an excellent teacher..thanks.
    Can't wait to try this!
    Ok so now for the f* newbie question:
    Do I need to cure it in a jar for 6 weeks before I use your technique. I know I have not read Sam's thread yet and will but I am tired from working in the garden. :)
    How fresh can one start with ?
    Hanging til stems snap then into the jar until uniformly dry?
    Ok I will be happpy to delete this uneducated troll for a quick answer so please don't quote me... I just hope I don't have to wait 6 weeks to start working with the next harvest which has not be cut yet. I don't want to practice with my precious purple hearts of sativa; and I would prefer to use these sweet chunky Indica buds almost ready to finish.
    Thanks
    :)

17. They don't have to be cured for the tincture stuff, just a good air dry is sufficient. If you decarb, it's going to dry it out more anyway. Whether you decarb or not, the Indica would be a good choice for your practice batch.

There's a lot more to read on my thread and it's even hard for me to get through it anymore. If Tihspeed doesn't mind, I can help if you need it, but he's got it down pretty good, too.

Don't worry, you'll like it. :)

18. Thanks Sam! I missed someone had posted up in here....a guy misses a day on this forum and gets way behind

Thanks for the complement....the buds you have will work just fine....I strongly suggest making a very very small catch before forging ahead using lots of material and either having incorrect dosing it just plain not liking the high off a edible

Please report success or failure....even consider posting pics of you following along....no need to delete anything

Oh and please stop by Sam's thread....he is a much more accomplished edible maker, but like he posted you might get information overload

Good luck

19. Hey,

Thank you both TiHspeed and Sam,
    Last night I read 15 pages of Sam's generous help and I am clickin my spurs to get on this beauty of a horse!

So I can't buy everclear without a permit in my state; so I purchased some 151 rum. I have some red haired indica that was cured and put in the freezer a few months ago in a jar. She be ready to be a guinea pig!
    So I have the rum ice cold 1 pint and at least 2 oz of the weed buds. So I will start with using about 7 g for my first attempt!
    My hands on the coffee grinder to make a first shake of this;
    And I plant to not decarb after reading Sam's experiment.

Ok so I will read again Sam's recipe posted in the first few pages of his 66 page thread.... yikes why did I NoT take that speed reading course?!

I haven't had time to cruise your own thread Tihspeed and wonder if you could point to the actual post of the basic GD recipe you offer for cold processing.

I work with an old phone and slow brain..but my heart's wide open when I come to Grasscity..the finest community in THA world!
    Thanks y'all,
    :)