300w Dual Spectrum CFL 6400k / 2700k

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by davidwest69, Oct 9, 2012.

1. 300w Dual Spectrum CFL & hanger hydroponics grow light with e40 hanger so you can just plug it in and let the games begin!

With BLUE 6400K & RED 2700K filaments

Any good? It's $65...apparently you can use them at any stage?

2. link not working????? not sure of the benefits

3. well does not say lumens so idk

4. Just looked at the link.
    125 watts, not 300..?
    Have you given the correct link?
    125 watts would be Ok for your first couple of weeks or so.
    After that you will starve your goodies of light.
    Even a 300 watt CFL will only allow very small outcomes compared with HID.
    But 330 watt CFL would be better than the one shown on your link.

5. well HIDs are not really an option for me because of my electricity issues, i dont want to make anything suspicious and i dont want to bypass my electricity i dont believe in that, however I have 125w X 2 for my veg...(13400k) and 300w X 1 for my flowering (2400k) is that not enough? my lights are dual CFL's so theres blue and red filaments, is this an issue for the flowering stage? all my lights are dual

6. its better then nothing imo

7. well obviously its better then nothing, thats an unhelpful reply.

8. It depends....
    First i dont think you mentioned anything about the plant you are growing. How many/what strain would be helpful. Any reflective meterial? And what your goal is. That setup will easily grow at least one plant. You would need more for 2 plants though. And your yeild isnt going to be very much. If your just trying to grow a plant you should be fine. General rule of thumb is 100 w per plant.

9. Well actually you could do 2 plants no problem.

10. trying to grow ak47 n hawaiian snw, got a 5ft x 3.5ft room, reflecting sheeting, fan, carbon filter, canna medium, 1 x dual cfl 125w and 1 x 300w 2400k..

11. i just bought the 300w dual spectrum CFL off amazon with hanger for my first grow. got 3 big bang auto seeds from greenhouse seeds will update you on whether the light does any good only gonna plant 2 plants and using the 300w for the whole grow.

12. I bought 4 -23W 6500k mini CFL and 2 spliters with two clamp on reflectors for 400 w eq. for $35 at home D. This is first grow and here is my girl at 30 days.
    run 24/7

Attached Files:

13. Did my first grow this year,started from scratch so wasnt too sure what I was doing.I have a 19"x32"x60" space,grew 3 plants in soil.I went for a 300 watt dual spectrum cfl.My yield was low 22 grms in total ,was initially disappointed but its good stuff and my needs are modest.

I was thinking of using the 300 watt CFL for the veggie stage and then switching to a 250 watt hps for the bloom stage or if I have the hps setup should I use it for both stages? Any thoughts?

14. Yeah, the problem is OP essentially has 1 30W bulb going. lol. It's not going to be enough. Especially for 2 plants. You guys with your CFL's crack me up. You have to look at actual watts, not the equivalent watts. I'm not saying you can't get anything with it, but it's certainly not going to be what you're looking for. To get bud you need sufficient light. Jackstraw is on the right path, but IMO still need more unless you don't smoke much in which case it will probably be ok. Don't expect all that much weed though. More light = more bud (when all else is equal anyway). Just thoughts to live by when you're looking at lights.

15. There are no filaments in CFLs, nor are they red and blue. Both are full spectrum.

16. No, one 30w Cfl wont get it done, agree. But I do think I have enough light for a little stash of my own. CFL plants are now 1 week into flower. Had to move the KushWidow to friends house since I let her get too big for my box. Staying w/ CFLs so I know you're cracking up but don't have the coin to flip for an entire 600w HPS system. I don't smoke all the time, only for pain and spasms. Time will tell.

AfgabKushXWhiteWidow:

image-3404724699.jpg

LibertyHaze on left.

image-4254489549.jpg

17. I do some trimming on these plants b4 flower.