bit by a black widow

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Illmattic24, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Me and my bro were blazin out back in the shed about a hour ago..anyways he was sittin in a chair in the corner and dropped his lighter . He reached under the chair to get it and ran his hand through what I would describe as a very messy (no particular pattern) web and was bitten by a black widow on the backside of his hand..we both immediately started tripping.. I drove him to the e.r as soon as possible..I know these motherfuckers r highly venomous and am kinda worried .. anyone been bit or kno what he's in for?

2. a slow, excruciating and completely unavoidable demise

3. [quote name='"Pickle McSmurf"']a slow, excruciating and completely unavoidable demise[/quote]

Lol ill smoke to that

4. I think hell survive

5. Just give him a few shots of whiskey and tell him to suck it up...

If spiders were enough to kill a man you'd think they'd be 6 feet tall by now and driving vehicles and building weapons of mass destruction..

But fortunetly for human beings we have developed such things as medical care and antibiotic for shit like this..

Anyways keep us updated and let us know if his arm falls off.

Good luck :bongin:

6. he should be completely find almost every hospital has a anti venom on hand for black windows being that they are suck a common spider

7. ahh fuck man I really wish I didnt read this thread. now when I go to hotbox my side entrance im gonna be tramautized for a spider. hope your friend recovers soon though my next huge ass spliff goes out to him budday

8. True almost every "Major" City hospital "might" have black widow anti-venom,
    It's hard to come by and very expensive. Also 9/10 you will not will not be given it. You can only be given anti-venom once in your lifetime for black widows, because the anti venom only works 1 time in your lifespan. So given the circumstances they wont treat you with widow anti-venom unless it's a life or death struggle. You might not need it now but maybe later on the road you get a worse bite. That's why they almost never administer it unless you really need it and can't breath from having a bad reaction to the bite which almost never happens unless you are either young, old, unhealthy or allergic to the venom.

9. I think I have read before (I'll try looking it up again) that Black Widow bites are not actually as dangerous as people think they are.

It's dangerous if you're a child, or an elderly person, or someone with an especially weak immune system, but otherwise? He should be totally fine.

In fact, here's some info to make ya feel better...

Black Widow Spider Bite Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - Black Widow Spider Bite Symptoms on eMedicineHealth

He's most likely going to be just fine.

10. Thanks for the insight bros..his cells off but ill prob talk to him tomorrow he's probably on a sick one right now lol. Anybody from australlia? I heard there's some crazy fuckin spiders over there bro

11. The one that bit him was pretty fuckin fat and that's an understatement.. little motherfuckr had been doin some serious bug grubbin. Needless to say I emptied about half a can of raid on his already smashed corpse and poured bong water on him.

12. i was bit by a brown recluse earlier this year. i was acually bitten in the face right by my temple. my whole side of my face swelled up like the elephant man. i ended up in the emergency room and they told me that they couldnt give me the anti venom cuz they have to inject it into the infected area. needless to say i had my face sliced open so they could get the poisen out. it was fukn gross shit was nasty. so at the end of the day i had a 2 inch cut on my face and a hospital bill for 6 g's

13. oops sorry the reason why they couldnt inject in the infected area is because it was so close to my temple. they told me i was lucky the poisen didnt go straight to my brain. they said your temple is like a straight shot to your brain

14. A brown recluse is way worse than a black widow though. I think.

I had read about black widow bites before and a couple sites said to not even bother going to the hospital unless you're actually experiencing negative effects from it. Like pain/swelling in the bite area or whatnot.

Brown recluses though... those motherfuckers are nasty, and they scare the everfucking fuck out of me.

15. [quote name='"MR KERMIT"']oops sorry the reason why they couldnt inject in the infected area is because it was so close to my temple. they told me i was lucky the poisen didnt go straight to my brain. they said your temple is like a straight shot to your brain[/quote]

That's fuckin scandlous bro..
    Wtf
    How did you get bit in the head homie?

16. Don't ever go to sleep and you'll never have to find out.

-junkiedays
    AKA: not sleeping tonight

17. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Don't ever go to sleep and you'll never have to find out.

-junkiedays
    AKA: not sleeping tonight[/quote]

Good thing I have one of those mesh green full body suits with no mouth or eye openings , little do most know they double as full protectant from widows and recluses. Plus it makes my package look huge

18. He'll be fine, the effects vary from person to person.

Most people feel sick, with abdominal cramps. Some people (like me) only feel malaise and localized pain.

Regardless, its not too serious unless you're old or very young.

The media always blows it out of proportion.

19. i live in arizona and they are everywhere out here. but i was bitten in my sleep. i woke up one day and it was just a small bump kinda like a pimple. thats wat my wife kwpt telling me. we were driving to vegas and it got worse.then when i woke up the next morning iwas swollen to all fuck. i havnt figured out how to put picd but you would be like DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM PUT YO GLASSES BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!

20. I was bitten by a black widow on the finger while on the job when i worked at a tree and shrub nursery in southern oregon. I promptly went to the er (especially because work was going to be paying for it). They kept me in observation for about 3 hours and i suffered very few ill effects. They never even gave me antinvenom or anything. I had pain and tenderness around the site of the bite mark, but that was it.

I still think the er is the place to go- you have no idea how youre going to react to the bite, so better safe than sorry.