Fed court to review Marijuana drug status, first time in 20 years

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thehighman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Yep. eight more days. I'm tempted to take the day off work, head downtown and go sit in on the hearing. I'm just not sure how much of a nightmare it's going to be trying to get in there.

2. Fingers crossed this can actually lead to some change at the Federal level!

For now, I remain skeptical..

3. This is SUCH great news, with a ton of potential. If they re-classify the drug, so that it can be used medically, then enforcement and penalties will be reduced, too!

4. I wouldn't count on it, they are going to look for solid studies conducted by highly regarded institutions, or possibly only government institutions. There are none, don't tell me there are because there are not any that have been conducted well-enough to be taken seriously. If it happens of course it will be pleasant surprise, but I would bet against it.

Remember its like overturning a call in football, there must be sufficent evidence to do so.

5. fuck the government

6. Those whores? I wouldn't....not even with your dick dude....not even for a second. haha

7. Thank you! Lets move Marijuana to the lowest level of schedule possible (in this case highest?), then maybe people will finally wise up. Once it finally is rescheduled and eventually legalized, I wonder how the explanation will go concerning our government lying to us for the last 75 years.

8. Actually there are tons of solid studies, even government studies that say pot is harmless. Your "there are none dont tell me there are" attitude is quite funny.

http://forum.grasscity.com/marijuan...diotape-teleconference-briefing-oct-16th.html

That is a thread about what is going to happen oct 16 with audio of the people who will be speaking and what they are going to be speaking about.

9. Ever hear of the Shafer commision ????? Pretty sure you have your facts a bit twisted or your minds shut too tightly to our past history...

10. So... They're only arguing for medicinal use right? It'd be cool if they'd take the opportunity to just straight up fight for overall legalization since there's absolutely no reason not to and they finally have a hearing, but oh well. Major victory to even be heard by the court so I'm hoping for the best. I'm not a medical patient but that's still more important in my mind. Just wish all this b.s. was over.

11. They are arguing about rescheduling it. The best that could result from this is legalization as a recreational substance

12. Ha! Someone here on GC called this about a week ago. It's a Democrat push to kick the stoners into gear for voting season. Nothing will be declassified, nothing will be decriminalised, the best you can hope for is MJ being reduced to a Sch 2.

13. Could be...I just hope it gets some attention regardless. This sort of publicity is good publicity. Do we hear the outcome of the case immediately?

14. It would be great if truth and common-sense prevailed.

Since its the federal government, I'm not holding my breath.

15. I understand what you are saying, but I beg to differ:

?Gold Standard? Studies Show That Inhaled Marijuana Is Medically Safe And Effective | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

There are not too many "gold standard" studies on inhaled whole plant cannabis, but they do exist. Besides:

Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Medical Prescribers Launch National Letter for Medical Cannabis

I think what EasternSmoker was referring to was FDA approved studies showing inhaled whole plant cannabis as effective for treatment of specific medical conditions, NOT just that cannabis is safe.

The Shafer commission's report was not a medical study. It did not prove that cannabis is effective for treating any medical conditions.

Nothing to do with democrats or the election. The suit was filed by ASA, which has been working on getting cannabis rescheduled for years. And getting cannabis moved to Schedule II would be a tremendous benefit.

16. HUH?

That would require removing it from all schedules, not rescheduling it.

17. Subbing for verdict.

18. This whole hearing should be played on at least 5 TV networks non-stop.

Too bad the media will black out the entire thing like it never happened.

19. I'm like 30 miles away...I'm going to take a day off work and see if I can get in to watch the hearing. If I can, I'll try to take some notes and report back.