we had a killing frost last night please help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by burningbush93, Oct 8, 2012.

1. last night we had a killing frost so i am forced to harvest early. My maine problem is i cant get out there till tuesday morning(a little over 48 hrs after the frost) my quistion is will my plants be ok till then or can they get rewind if i waite that long:confused: im starting to get really worried and im in a time crunch so if you guys can give me some good advice i would really apriciate it.

2. 50/50 they made it or they are dead.

3. #3 granto, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    how bad was the frost? one night will be ok probably, i would leave growing it ....but watch it closely

4. This is why we need to understand that people must possibly harvest a little early late in the year like this. I realize that there is an optimum time frame when trichromes are perfect for harvest but its not always possible to get to that point. I pulled my diesel plant fieday afternoon and boy am I glad I did. The next few days were lousy - rainy, windy, cool and humid. Terribl conditions for buds!

:smoke:

5. totally understand to yank early for weather and such. its just most new growers dont understand that the buds dont turn into buds until the last few weeks. otherwise you just get leafy, airy semi buds.

6. it only had a week or week and a half from now probly but like u said they really bulk u at the end hopfully they made it iwill see tomarrow morning most likely i will harvest. i heard even if the do servive ther so shockd the stop growing.

7. I had a good wet frost this morning and went out to check mine and not only did she survive but she stinks more today than she ever has! Most of the white hairs are gone now so mine is going to kick it into overdrive now. And we r supposed to get another wet frost tonite. Bring it!

8. Agreed, the tendency is to pull plants way too early. There are times when that may be beneficial though. I don't mean way too early either, just a week or so. :)

I recently smoked a few popcorn buds off of my diesel plant after a few days drying and they were pretty darned good as is. The colas will get cured properly and are gonna be fantastic. I pulled that plant about a week ahead of schedule due to weather issues.