(multiple questions please help)what ppm should my water measure before adding nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jnasty0412, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Whats up grasscity, this is my first post and also my first grow. Ive done alot of research but i still have some unanswered questions. I may have gone a little extreme for my first grow but ill let you know what equipment im using and please me know what u think.
    Virtual Sun VS1000DS 1,000-Watt Grow Light Kit With Digital Ballast

Mylar Reflective 59" X 59" X 78" Hydroponics Grow Tent Hydro Box Hut Cabinet

Boost Bucket - 90 day starter kit

BUCKET FARM 6 Aeroponic Hydroponic system aero drip garden dwc deep water culture. I will be adding airstones and another pump for more bubbles. and yes I know this is not a real aeroponic setup.

Hydropronic 6" Inline Fan With Carbon Filter Combo Odor Control Air Quiet
    Im not gonna list the duct work and my meters but yes i have them.

For nutrients Im using General Hydroponics Flora Series QT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro and to control ph levels General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit.

Please let me know what you think about these products and what problems you think im gonna run into as a first time grower.

HERES MY QUESTIONS..
    1. When is the first time I should start using the nutrients? I understand that more gro is to be used during veg and more bloom through flowering. when is micro used?

2. Does the ppm level matter before starting to use the nutes?

3. Will my tap water be good once I lower ph levels?

4. When i hook up my carbon filter/fan should the light also be connected through the same duct?

5. How many fans total should i have in my 5x5 tent? I have one for the filter, one for the light. I was thinking 1 or 2 more to make the plants stronger..

Please help me with these questions and also tell me anything you think i should know.. All help is much appreciated and the knowledge wont be wasted

2. On your first grow you want to use a 1000w HID? Good luck

3. My first grow I used a 400w MH and a 400w HPS simultaneously. As long as you do your research you'll come out with quality product.

but to answer your questions:

1. Depending on what the feeding schedule says it varies. Some people don't like to use nutes in the first month of the grow. other people like to blast 'em when they get to a week. what you need is a feeding schedule,GENERAL HYDROPONICS: Feeding Schedule this is your products different feeding schedule. Since you're using Aeroponics, you should click the first link, Flora Series Recirculating. If I were you I wouldn't go full strength on any of the nutrients until you see that your plants can handle it. You should start with 1/4 strength and move your way up. Sometimes less is more.

2. Yes, it does. To avoid giving your plants chlorine, and other unwanted minerals that are in tap water, you should use diluted water. you can buy some at your local supermarket, or dilute some yourself! You should aim for 0 ppm before you add nutes. that way you can be sure its getting only the nutes you want it to have.

3. Your tap water isn't the greatest of watering sources, since it has unwanted minerals like I stated earlier. But if you MUST use it, let it sit out for a day or two before using it. And always remember, Nutrients first, pH up or down Second.

4. Sorry bro but I have no idea about carbon filters, I never use em. Hopefully someone else can help you out with that one.

5. I always like to keep a calm breeze on my plants to keep them strong, just like you said. I usually keep 2 or 3 in my entire grow room, one to dissipate the light's heat and two for the plants.

Hopefully I helped you out a little bit. Good luck and post some pics when you get it going!

• Like Like x 1