400 Watt CFL Continuous Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by s0cks23, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Day 64 of flower

Beast mode! The main cola is frickin HUGE!! So dense and awesome. Getting a lot more dank smelling. Flush is going good so far. Plant is looking really healthy.

Attached Files:

2. Wow she's kicking into overdrive now, keep it up the yield is looking like it's going to be nice.

3. So excited! She's booming!! This one here I'm hoping for at least 8oz!! I don't think I'll be doing scrog again. The new room is 6'3" tall as opposed to my 4' now so the lst will allow me to get some height and width as opposed to just width. I want trees!!! Haha

4. #64 morange, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Wow that's a ton of vertical space, you could definitely make good use of that footprint with your 600. If you want tall branches with solid buds filled in all the way, I recommend prioritizing the training and aim to train and keep all the main branches as close to one node as possible, to deliver even nutrition and hormones throughout each branch.

I've been becoming a huge fan recently of 'lollipopping' my plants at 14 days of flowering. The clones that root from those cuts are extremely bushy and compact, and when every single 'scrap' branch is gone from the plant, I've been having excellent results in the flower size and maturity rate on the remaining branches. My buds are at least on average 2-3 inches of rock hard solid bud longer than before, and much fatter through the whole branch instead of having airy buds slowly form into dense cola's.

Sorry for rambling, I'm pretty marijuana'd right now. Enjoy your new grow space, maybe double the container size and extend the veg 1-2 weeks and grow a real monster.:smoking:

EDIT: also, that's not how I expected the critical kush to bud. When I read critical my mind jumped to the standard critical cross style bud growth, heavy and rounded heavily indica style buds. You seem to have gotten a phenotype that is still heavy indica, but it seems to be showing some of the nice sativa sides of the strain too. Looks almost foxtailing, but too dense for that it seems. Should be a very tasty and good smelling smoke after a nice cure.

5. Totally! I did a small amount of lollipopping on this strain too and I think that has helped but still do have a few 'sucker' buds. I will say this, LST is way more complex than just bending the plant over to allow more growth..... So like you said, trying to keep it at 1 node. That is what I did like about SCROG was that canopy control was a lot easier. The downside is the control of the space. The screen is at a certain level and that's that..... This time around with LST I was able to bend the plant in different ways to achieve the result I wanted but I learned a ton about LST and this strain.

The plan in the new room is actually 3 sections so ill be able to stagger the stages of growth to get a harvest every 4-6 weeks. But also that will help me getting used to the strains and what they respond to. Critical Kush will be in the line up for sure. I'm really happy with the strain in general. I think with more space and a little more knowledge of the strain will make some even better buds! But you are right.... 4-5 weeks of veg and probably 11 gallon smartpot...... TREES!!!! Haha

6. Sounds like a great setup. 11 gallon smart pots will give you trees for sure. I haven't done a staggered harvest in a while but I like it. Only thing is you got to stay on top of the clones & mothers, thats why I slipped out of perpetual last time. I'm going to do a SOG with 2 gallon containers straight from clone to 12/12, thinking of doing 4 sections of 4 and with this strain I'd crop every 2 weeks.

The only downside to when I grow perpetually is, unless I'm doing really well with the yield, I usually don't end up getting the proper cure time that I like.

7. Man, every 2 weeks would be insane! Im looking forward to different strains too. As it is now I really only have room to do 1 plant and a few ounces of the same stuff I get too used to it. Gotta switch it up!

I pulled her out of the HPS light last night cause its hard to see the color of trichomes under it but its looking like about 10% or so of them have changed to amber. But I think I'm gonna have to cut her tomorrow. We have a walk through from our landlord and even though I have my card they don't know about it and just wanna have to deal with it. But they are coming Tuesday or Wednesday.... So I think I'm gonna have a Super Bowl harvest party. Haha.

8. That's unfortunate, it's never fun to have to clean up a grow area on short notice, but you can't be too safe with this hobby, unfortunately. Hopefully the buds you harvest will be nice! Gonna lose a little weight from an early harvest but that bud is going to have a soaring head high with such little amber trichomes. Then again, homegrown bud is rarely unsatisfactory. I remember my first indoor plant I grew was 3+ weeks premature, 6 inches in height (auto flower, i topped it lol) and wasn't flushed, dried or cured properly. It was still some of the most satisfying pot I've smoked. Not the high, but the reward of growing it yourself.

Make some hash with the fresh trimmings and get real stoned for the superbowl :smoking:.

9. Well turns out we bought a few more days....probably chopping down tomorrow. Got way too drunk for Super Bowl to even think about harvest at this point! Haha. Haven't watered in 3 days. Flushed with florakleen for a full week then 3 days of nothing. I think I'm ok with the harvest now.... Might be a few days early but its developed. I'm fully anticipating the main cola being 1 oz+. The 600 vs the 400 watts from my pineapple really got some dense buds. I'm really excited to finish my new room so I can really get some good trees going!

I am going to post my heater I just made pretty soon. It's almost done.... It's a water heated idea. Se concept as water cooling but using the heating element from a water heater to heat a reservoir and then pump that through an icebox type deal with a fan blowing over it to circulate warm air for the cold winters. I think it's really gonna be a solid idea! Can't wait to share!

10. Day 74 HARVEST!!

Had some really dense buds! I'm really excited to see the final weight of this one. I'm hoping 10oz.

About a week and we will know! I have it hanging drying up and temps are 68 with 55 humidity. Really happy with this strain. I should have the new grow area done in a few more weeks and I plan on growing this again. All the way down every stem there are buds! So when I have 4'+ of actual vertical space I think I can get a monster harvest off this strain!

Anyways... Till final weigh in!

Attached Files:

11. Looks like some chronic! Nice job, now the next set of waiting games begin, :laughing:. But Critical strains are good yielding so hopefully you reach your goal:hello:. As soon as I crop tomorrow I'm gonna do a SOG for the first time, perpetual. I think I might actually make a journal too, so I can get input and hopefully have a successful first attempt at sea of green.

Cheeers happy harvesting. (our cycles are really close this time again hah)

12. Thanks!! So far so good! 24 hours later buds are still dense and looking good, feeling good, and smelling good!! 10 ounces or bust!!

13. God damn man! Them buds look awesome

14. How'd your harvest go??

15. Quite nice, I did an experiment, 3 rocklock plants same plant structure and size, with 3 different container sizes. I was seeing what kind of bud development I'd get from different root space and training methods on the plants, my best results were 1.5 gallon 4 top plant and a 5 gallon semi lst plant. I decided I'm going to go with 2 gallon containers for my SOG because I want bud structure like the 1.5 gallon plant had.

I'm just dealing with battling the cold temps right now, I assure you that this strain normally shows very little if any purple hue's ;).

imgur: the simple image sharer

It will make more sense to view the images backwards, from 9 to 1. Also any input on what the deficiency shown on image 8 is? Pink weed haha.

16. Not too sure about that one.... But overall it looks good! Nice healthy buds! 2 gallon will be really nice! I did my auto in a 2 gallon and that thing got plenty big! Should be really good for you!

17. Just a little side by side... Starting day 6 of drying and its going well. Buds are getting a little crispy to the touch but still has a little spongyness in the buds....the stems still arent cracking so a few more days i think. They are pretty dense buds too and really sticky! The buds developed a little more after harvest, turning a slight orange and a lot of hairs changed color too showing maturity.

First picture is from harvest day and second is from last night.... Hasn't lost a lot of its bulk either

Attached Files: