Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using aluminum foil as a toolpiece

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Capnfalconpunch, Oct 7, 2012.

1. I want to make a bong from a water bottle, and I was planning on making the bowlpiece out of aluminum foil. I've heard that's a dangerous way to make it though, is it?

2. Dangerous in the short term... Probably not.

I wouldn't smoke out of tinfoil for a prolonged period of time get a glass slide or something. But if you just need it for a little bit I see no problems.

3. Pretty much what skull said.

Once or twice won't kill you, but don't make that a long term solution.

If you REAAALY need to, get the door spring off of your wall and wash it, and then put a screen in it.

4. Well it causes Alzheimer's. Shit is so bad for you. So I guess technically there aren't "short term" affects. I would not touch that shit with a 12 inch dick though.

5. Your all wrong... To melt foil you need to get it to a really high temperature and you can't do that with a normal lighter.

I used to smoke out of a tinfoil bowl in my bong everyday for a year.

Also, it has never been proven to cause alzheimers. That's a myth.

6. no need to take a risk. can you roll a joint a stick that in the bong?

7. do it up, i do

8. [quote name='"Konash420"']Your all wrong... To melt foil you need to get it to a really high temperature and you can't do that with a normal lighter.

I used to smoke out of a tinfoil bowl in my bong everyday for a year.

Also, it has never been proven to cause alzheimers. That's a myth.[/quote]

its not a matter of melting it or not.

it takes very little heat to release chemicals used in the manufacturing of aluminum foil.

do NOT use aluminum foil, ever! it is very unhealthy. buy a bong yourself, or even papers. and if you can't afford a pack of zig zags you shouldn't be spending all your money on weed

9. Wow thank you sooo much, youve been a great help. Only a person who smokes thru tinfoil for a year would tell someone else smoking thru tinfoil is ok. Your proof that tinfoil will make you retarded after long term use.

10. so says the one post wonder...I'll trust the more experienced blades here that say it is a bad idea to use foil...

11. It doesnt even need medical science, if you cant tell that smoking thru aluminum foil is wrong, its time to stop smoking

12. I wouldn't chance doing it too often... it's hard to connect the two but it almost definitely causes alzeimer's in the long term, a few times won't do anything though just try to look for a better long term smoking device.. buy a pipe or a bowl their like 5$

13. Straight from PubMed-

Cognitive deterioration and associated pathology induced by chronic low-level aluminum ingestion in a translational rat model provides an explanation of Alzheimer's disease, tests for susceptibility and avenues for treatment. Cognitive deterioration and associated ... [Int J Alzheimers Dis. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Aluminium-maltolate-induced Impairment of Learning, Memory and Hippocampal Long-term Potentiation in Rats. Aluminium-maltolate-induced Impairment of Learnin... [Ind Health. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease: environmental risk factors. Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease: environm... [Neurologia. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Total allowable concentrations of monomeric inorganic aluminum and hydrated aluminum silicates in drinking water. Total allowable concentrations of monomeric... [Crit Rev Toxicol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Locomotor activity and learning and memory abilities in Alzheimer's disease induced by aluminum in an acid environment in zebrafish [Locomotor activity and learning and memory... [Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

I wouldn't use anything aluminum in conjunction with toking!

Granny :wave:

14. "were all wrong, tinfoil is fine for smoking"

15. aslong as its not tinfoil it is perfectly fine, aluminum foil is much different and has much higher boiling point and melting point. You are not eating the aluminum foil, if you were grannies linkes would be much more heed worthy.

16. you should be fine, to use it for one sesh. change it out next time

17. Thanks granny!

18. "In the mind of many scientists, if aluminum plays a role it is most probably a secondary one. The reasoning for this position is based on the fact that aluminum is one of the most abundant and pervasive elements. It is found everywhere--it is in the water we drink, it is in the dust we breathe, it is in many of he substances we use every day such as coke in glass bottles, food preservatives, many cosmetics and food dyes. Even if we stop using pots and pans or underarm deodorants, it will be virtually impossible to avoid aluminum. Given this type of exposure of the general population, if aluminum is playing a major role then one would expect the numbers of people affected by Alzheimer's to be much higher than they are found in epidemiological studies."

Idiots... Think before posting next time :)

19. I dont think the risk is worth it. Sure its cool to say you made a bong but quality is usually lacking. I would suggest getting a small glass bong from your local head shop. You can get them fairly cheap.