Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pepper smell on good bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by EEbrew, Aug 29, 2006.

1. I got some really good home grown and one of my friend who's been smoking really good weed for 6 years told me " a slight peppery smell is a good sign".

What are your thoughts on this?

2. If it ain't skunk it ain't me.
    Nah, just kidding. Haha, no, I don't know anything about peppery bud. Give it a try! It's the high that counts, man.

3. Taste, rolls, smokes really good. Some of the best shit I've gotten in along time. Its really dense and has lots of crystals on it( lokks like its been dipped in sugar). One hit from a bong of this stuff and i'm good for around 3.5-4 hours.

4. Pepper was one of the main smells I used to get with Caribbean weed and there was never anything wrong with that stuff :smoking:

5. I usually get bud that smells piney or peppery. It's always good.

6. Sweet thanks for the help guys!

7. i remember a lot of hash i have gotten smelling peppery or seasony

i also remember some hash plant from the club having a peppery smell, but i could be confusing up strains

was always some good buds tho. but not my preffered flavor

8. Ya, that's a really good sign, it usually means it has some relation to jack heror, which is up in the leagues with white widow, northern lights, and super silver haze. it means it'll be a mix of indica and sativa, so you wont be really tired, or way too energenic. keep on buying the shit you've got now. and btw, if it smells really natural, like a plant or something, then it's usually good fresh bud too, and orage peel scent is usually good too. but dont ever buy weed it it smells like dirt, resin, ash, chemical, or coffee, it means it's either really shitty weed, or laced.

9. NOT TRUE!
    some of the best weed may have a chemical smell or a sour smell or a gas smell, ever hear of sour diesle, it really does smell like sour diesel fuel. chemdog usually has a chemmy taste. the smell taste has nothing to do with potencey. the smell is created by the terpenes, not the cannabiniods.

10. I've had pepper smelling/tasting weed. It was just the strain and damn I thought it was delicious myself.

11. true about the sour diesel, but smell does determine how old the weed is, what strain it is (therefore determining the potency), and usually if it's laced. sour diesel is one of very few strains that actually smell like chemical and are not laced

12. I have gotten mids before that smelled and tasted really spicy. That was very unique and I have never gotten another batch of mids like that. It left this curry taste in your mouth...it was quite deliscious.

13. This mids i got smells like pepper.

14. If the pepper smell is caused naturally by the Cannabis, then there isn't really a way it could be bad.

However if there is pepper sprinkled onto your bud, then you might have a problem.

None of the bud in my area (southern east coast), has a peppery smell to it, more of a fruity skunky mix. And note we constantly receive different strains from the West Coast.

15. I have had a few strains the smell like pepper or fresh herb, namely Romulan. Some strains just smell different and crazy but they are still dank and get you:hippie:

16. HA! more like dick-MUNCH

17. i am smoking great pepper buds right now haha i call it cracked pepper people love it  :hello:

18. I've only had peppery tastes in hash.

19. I remember when I was young and growing up in Hawaii we used to get this stuff called Cletes Flower Tops that had a very peperry taste and killer stone, don't know where it originated...... that was back in the middle 60's

20. I got some shit that smells like sandalwood and it sucks. Worst tasting bud ever. I like the skunk smell or diesel smell. Triple bag it and you can still smell it in your pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app