How to make shatter BHO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by EarlofErrl, Oct 4, 2012.

1. If your shatter waxes up, it most likely wasnt finished in the first place. Parchment for shatter/pull-n-snap. Dishes for sap.

always pack your tube tightly and evenly, you dont want air pockets becuase its a pressurized gas so it will take the path of least resistance and will miss a lot of your material. I also suggest using a dowel thats almost the inside diameter of your extractor for even packing. My tubes are about 7/8" ID and my packing dowel is 3/4" so its a snug fit, packing has never been easier.

How wide is your giant ass extractor? lolol you dont want anything too wide because you'll lose out on yield. Optimally you want a narrower column to extract with. I would say nothing bigger than 1.5"

2. So i am attempting this but the extractor tube is much too big for the half I am trying it with. Can i still use the tube or should I use something else? If so what?

3. Its pretty big lol 1.5"

Attached Files:

4. Buy a stainless steel turkey baster from bed bath beyond.

5. Thanks mayne ima get one ASAP will post pics as soon as im done

6. Gettin the baster today. Wish me luck!

7. Got er goin

Attached Files:

8. Pop bubbles or no?

9. Need help on this shatter....shld I pop the bubble or not and when its done will there be any bubbles left?

10. ...

Hey Jimmy im in the process of makin this shld I pop bubble or not and when will I know when to stop purging?

11. gonna need more info than that lol

how are you purging? how much material did you run? what temps are you purging at?

what kind of tane? how much tane?

12. One can of vector through lil over half ounce of material...temo is bout 150 roughly

13. Purging on a griddle with two pana one with Water and the other in that

14. Also....do i scrape it or just let it sit for a cpl days and wait for it to harden then collect it

Attached Files:

16. Final product. Have room to improve but good medicine either way!

Attached Files:

17. I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH TO ANYONE READING THIS!
    DO NOT FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN THIS THREAD
    YOU WILL BE MAKING IMPURE AND UNHEALTHY BHO
    SMOKING BUTANE IS BAD FOR YOU
    Sorry for the caps, but that was necessary. 
    The only shatter worth smoking has to be made with a vac purge + heat combination for 12+ hours. If you just leave it out in the open or whip it, you're not really removing the butane and impurities. Just a warning for anyone reading this thread! 

18. what 'impurities' are being removed with a vac?

19. I'm sure this has been answered but there are too many pages to look through. What kind of screen are you using and how fine is it?