All I Want for my Birthday is a brand new bong!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by frrranklinn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. thank you everyone for your suggestions! I will look into everything everyone has suggested. As soon as I get it in, I will post pictures! Also, someone told me there was an attachment I could hook up my Volcano to a bong. If anyone knows anything about this attachment, please let me know. Thanks everyone! It is greatly appreciated

2. Every year i buy myself a piece of glass on my Birthday too last year was a dub bub this year either a king stem or another liberty 503 bowl. Its the perfect way to celebrate

3. How do I find ApixDesgins? I could not find their website

4. I am currently looking at Sovereignty Glass - King StemLine with Up Grid # 3. What add ons can I add? For example you mentioned perculator, disk screen bowl and/or a carbon filter. What is the definition of a perculator?

5. Your looking at buying Sovereignty...and you don't know what a perc is? You really need to do some research before you go blow a bunch a money. If you've never owned a bong before, I can't really recommend you spending $400 on your first one, as you don't know how you will handle the glass. I'm all for American over China, but you need to educate yourself. By no means against SG, easily the best brand of glass, but if you don't know what your getting, you don't really deserve it.

6. I am doing research right now, just been really busy with work and school. I have always been a pipe and paper user. The only bong that I have is a old Zong that my friend handed over. That is why I am educating myself before I make a purchase. AND that is the reason why I created this thread for help and not witty comments like that. But I understand where you are coming from. I am just a new bong user and just trying to educate myself on these "terms"

7. I've just had way to many friends go and buy a $300 bong only to break it in a few months cause they suck at handling it. Some people are just prone to breaking glass tho, I have 2 friends that break every piece of glass they buy within months. I've broken one bong, and it was one crazy ass situation lol.

As far as education goes, A disk screen bowl is a multi hole style bowl, give you great airflow which in returns allows your percs to function the best they can.

Carbon filter's are for cleaning the smoke, which in return keeps your glass/water much cleaner. Getting one with a disk screen in it is th way to go, allows for great airflow. I used to use carbon to keep my glass clean, but now I clean my glass everyday, so its more for cleaning the smoke to me. Deff a more "pure" tasting hit, although may not be as "potent" of a taste.

Perc's are where the diffusion happens inside your glass.

8. Thanks for the info! I was on Aqua Labs and I saw that they had McFinn's - Ultra Carbon Filter Adapter - 18 mm. Are these ok to use? I am still not sure which disk screen bowl to get.

9. Id recommend a disk screen carbon filter from Apix Design. Give great airflow, and its half the price of mcfinns. Can also get whatever size you want if you ask dan. Some of those mcfinns are HUGE in size. My filter I have from dan, the carbon chamber is only about an inch tall. I find it perfect size.

As far as a bowl goes, a disk or 4 hole will be best. 4 holes are easier to clean. I have a b.wilson disk screen slide and its almost impossible to get spotless. Could get a bowl and filter combo from dan i bet for real decent priced.

10. I sent Dan an email, hopefully I get a reply by the start of the week, he is probably super busy. With the disc screen bowl, do you still use a regular screen? I know with my zong, I had a regular bowl and always had a screen in there to keep the bud from falling through

11. Nope, disk screens hold in your bud real well as long as its packed decently. And if your worried about bud geting through to your water, carbon will stop it.

12. Awesome, I have learned a lot today...I am still waiting on Dan to reply. I have narrowed down my two brands to sovereignty glass or apixdesign. Whichever I choose, will have perculator, carbon filter, and a disk screen.

13. Those are two VERY different price ranges brand-wise my friend, SG is top of the line glass, Apix is quality from what I hear but he's still a new blower and pretty cheap.

SG is going to be the better quality choice if you're willing to drop the money.

I'd look for one of the following pieces:

- SG Stem/8 or King StemLine (Stem/8s are hard to find)
    - Mobius Stereo Matrix 60/65mm
    - SYN Full-size showerhead

All of those are in the $400-$450 range, and from reviews and the research I've done all 4 have almost no drag, are exceptionally smooth, and clear very quickly, any of them would be a great tube.

Then on top of whichever of those you decide on, I'd get a clear B. Wilson or Leisure disc diffused slide, then personally I would also get a B. Wilson worked one hit slide for when you're toking alone.

Skip the carbon filter and/or ashcatcher IMO, with one of those pieces an AC would just add unnecessary drag and a carbon filter takes away from taste IMO.

14. Maybe one doesn't want to spend $400-$500 on a high end piece, then a $60-$100 slide? I'd go with ApixDesign for incredible functionality and he'd hook it up with all the accessories you want at a much cheaper price than anywhere else. I'd also do it for the support as well, sovereignty has been established, and makes great tubes, but you can really get something similar ( I know it may not be the same quality as SG but very well worth it) at a cheaper price.

Also I'm pretty sure you use a carbon filter to remove impurities from your hit, thus enhancing the flavor (from my experience using mine..) of the herb being toked.

15. Yeah if I was in your situation, I would go with apixdesigns. It'll be a great experience for a first high end bong and will be cheaper so you won't be as invested if you break it.

And I would still get a carbon filter just to get one. I have one, and don't always use it when I'm just chiefing by myself, but it is nice if you're going to have a fat sesh with friends to use so that your bong isn't brown by the end.

Hope you get a sick bong my man!

16. Another supporter of Apix here. I got a nice ass piece for an amazing price. Not even close to 400 lol

Dan is getting better and better and another thing is since hes so chill if you ever break it or anything you can hit him up with an email and he will probably fix it for free, just shipping payment... pretty awesome.

The setup in your OP is a ripoff for over 400 as others said. way too basic for the price.

17. IMO and in the opinions of many others I've spoken to, a lot of the flavor of the herb is filtered out along with those impurities when using a carbon filter.

Yea, you can probably get something from Apix at a cheaper price, but personally I'm the type of guy that if I'm going to go high end, I'm going to go high end and I'm going to aim for it to be the last really expensive piece I buy (I see no reason to have thousands of dollars of glass lying around if I'm only gonna have 1 or 2 daily drivers).

And for me, that means I'm going to drop around $500 on one of the top known single perc pieces.

18. A good ac won't add much drag at all. I use a 2011BC on my SG stemline and yes, it does add a smallll amount of drag, but its hardly noticeable.

And if you get a nice filter, it won't add hardly any drag either. Using pellets instead of ground up carbon allows for even less drag. And it doesn't take away from the taste, it cleans it up so its a more "pure" taste, therefore tasting better, but its not quite as "potent" of a taste.

I do not like ripping a tube without a filter anymore. Its much better with one.

19. Dan is selling A/C's again! for your price range buy a apix stemline tube, and apix stemline a/c, boom one smooth ass hit there man.

20. Man i want one of those apix stemline ash catchers soooo bad.