Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by InTheGarden, Oct 2, 2012.

1. . 3 equal parts bro. That simple.

Pretty much, yeah. EWC is one of the least likely things to burn your plants, so I wouldn't worry about that. That mix sounds good.

A part is whatever you want it to be. I usually use 5 gallon buckets, so 1 part is 1 bucket, 2 parts is 2 buckets. If you're trying to mix a specific amount, you just divide the amount you want by the number of parts (4, in this case), and that becomes 1 part. So if you wanted to make 10 gallons of soil, 1 part would be 2.5 gallons. It's just the ratios that matter. So you could also think of it as 50% peat, 25% perlite, and 25% ewc/compost.

With your ewc/compost mix, you would probably be fine using the original recipe, if that's easier.

3. Yes I was meaning ratio. Thank you

4. Good morning all!! My plants are in a mix of HF and FFOF. They've been topped with EWC and kelp waterings. I also topped with CC's nute kit. Will that get her thru flowering?

5. I could be wrong but I believe the 'nutrient mix' is meant to mix with a volume of soil.

And FF Ocean floor has nutrients in it already.

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-iIi3CzTNY

7. Sub drool is not kewl.

8. I have still yet to google subcool...but in the little bit of stuff that I've read about him, it seems like he gets hated on among the Organics community. Don't know why....kinda think he may have gone to "mainstream" and doesn't give the most sound advice....just based on the little I have seen him discussed.

Kinda surprising that he doesn't have that reverence that you see other OG's like ClackamasCoot get!

Anyone wanna expand a little? Oh....and Hi Clackamas Coot! Knew you knew your stuff...but didnt know you were the living book when it came to organics!

9. The weed turd

10. Hey all,

So I finally mixed up my batch last week and am letting it cook for a couple weeks. Gunna try do no till and add some worms and cover crops (clover) and such. Was thinking about just growing 6 autos in this box I made up for my soil? But I read that autos like a bit of depth in their pots, so was going to go with these 5 gal buckets, any thoughts?

Oh and I'll definitely be painting the buckets! This is an outdoor greenhouse grow by the way.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432445635.657832.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432445656.910706.jpg

11. How big is that box? Looks tiny
    Never grow any more than one plant per container, especially in those.

12. It's 48 inches x 29 inches by about 13 inches high..

There's about 30 gallons of soil in there. I think I may mix up some more!

13. #10913 CanadianOrganic, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Thats actually fairly big.
    Hmm...13 inches...if you fill it up it should be enough. But honestly I would just go for a 5gal (you could actually use 3 gal if you have them) for each. That way you don't have plants competing.

14. Yeah those tiles are actually rather big, probably why it looks small in photos haha.

I've got 6 5 gal buckets just sitting around so I think I'll just use them! Could I introduce worms into 5 gal containers?

15. Yeah, definately.
    I would go with individual containers myself.

16. Holy fuck. Going between the two pictures is trippy. I never noticed how big the tiles are compared to the 5gal :lol:

17. Haha yeah, it really looks like a tiny bucket there if you thought they were regular sized tiles!

Good looks for the help!

18. #10918 buckwheathulls, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    I'm not the best one to answer this question But I'll give a shot. I'm by far not the smartest of this group.

I'll do it simple and by example.

Science had Tesla

We have Mr. Coot

Or if your totally brain dead you have Kushman (lmfao) and Subdrool. As I understand it Kushman cannot pronounce cation correctly. I doubt if Mr. Drool could either or give you its definition or function.

In the weed world cannabis is treated as a mythical plant that defies all laws of botany and physics and general science.

Flushing being one example.

By taking a simple molecule H20 and supposedly being able to remove complex molecules (chlorophyll b) from the plant simply be dumping copious amounts of water through the medium.

The man has 20,000 scientific based, backed posts on the net. All using self grown easily sourced natural materials......organic in every sense.

Now watch the first 10 seconds of sub drools youtube video.

Laughable

One of the smart ones will be by to give you a more detailed answer. I'm just an old dog that learned a new trick. Lol

19. I'll do it simple and by example.

Science had Tesla

We have Mr. Coot

In the weed world cannabis is treated as a mythical plant that defies all laws of botany and physics and general science.

Flushing being one example.

It's early here, 😴but I'm understanding this as flushing is a myth???

20. Hahah only in organics. Sometimes you need to flush to get salt build-up caused by chemical nutrients out of your medium.