Herbalife

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mushie, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Anyone heard of this, these people are running aorund my town trying to push these so called "healthy" meal replacement shakes on people as yes an actual meal repacement!! These shakes have little nutritional value, hardly any calories, and are loaded with sugar.

god herbalife just pisses me off... why dont you tell people to eat fucking mcdonalds every day as a healthy choice.... :mad:

2. Because they wouldn't profit from people eating McDonald's :laughing:

3. It's good food and you eat your regular meals too. I freaking love it!

it's not food... why even make shit up, when you can just look at the ingredients...

Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mix
    Nutritional Facts, from their web site:

- 8 oz serving = 13 grams of sugar.... why? that's 4 teaspoons of sugar.. what's healthy about that?
    - cellulose powder - do you know what that is? probably not... it's miniscule pieces of wood pulp and plant fibers, to give the shake a creamy texture.
    - the protein is based on soy isolate... the cheapest, and one of the worst possible formulations of protein available. 
    - canola oil?
    - rice fiber?

i should've stopped at fructose syrup (or corn bran, or "artificial french vanilla flavor").

how can anyone claim this to be a "healthy" food-alternative, with those ingredients?

http://az31823.vo.msecnd.net/content/en-us/pdf/catalog/3106_formula1_vanilla_label_us.pdf

here's something for an idea:

- hemp seed powder
    - banana
    - filtered water
    - natural, raw organic honey (not some shitty chemical "honey powder")
    - blender

I'm going to try this! I just need to get some hemp seed powder... I've never heard of it, though. What makes it so good as opposed to other protein powders? I'm guessing it's just really really healthy? :) 

also, organic honey is the beeeeesssstttt ! Natural sugars can be so good for you. People just don't know how easy it is to eat right and still be able to eat yummy food.

hemp seed powder is a 100% natural source of protein. vs. some isolate that is found in this herbalife thing.

additionally it has a perfect balance of 3:1 of omega (6/3) acids, making it the best plant-based essential fatty acid source. also it is proven to help with immune system deficiencies and it contains a number of antioxidants. so yeah... plenty of benefits. a quick google search will tell you all you need to know really.

not to say that hemp seed powder is always better than a formulated protein powder, but you need to consider your goals. for most people around 50 - 60 g of protein is plenty. and that's easy to get from eggs, fish, nuts, meat... and one of those shakes