Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

MH vs T5

• Please log in to reply

w0034

w0034

• Registered Upgraded
  • 353 posts
Greetings! Was curious what people thought.

I currently have 2 8bulb T5's over my 12 babies. They are in 3gallon pots and are LST'ing. They are 4 weeks old from clone, and are growing fast. My question is...should i buy another T5 because they are quickly going to be falling off the outsides of the light, or should I get 1 1k or 2 600w MH's to mount up higher and flood the whole room? The room is 8.5x6.

Thoughts? Not really sure what is best or which way to go. I like the thought of flooding the whole room with a MH honestly.

w00

Similar Topics: MH vs T5     x

jcmjrt

jcmjrt

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
The biggest issue for going to a HID light system from a T5 is - do you have the ventilation/cooling necessary to keep your room within reasonable temps and humidity? Of course, the additional T5 will bring heat with it too...but not nearly as much as a 2 600W MH's. Another thought is LED as additional lighting. I've got a couple of Kessils now with supplemental fluorescent side lighting and am quite happy. You can get a Kessil on line for $270 at growers house..or of course there are many other choices for LED....and I can say that very little heat is generated. I don't like the heat or the electric bill for HID...but my fluorescents and LEDs are doing great.

henrypeck

henrypeck

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
im real interested in anybody that has done a complete grow with just t5 lights. im really thinking of using these t5,s for my next grow. if any one has a grow journal with the t5,s i would really like to check it out....thanx

w0034

w0034

• Registered Upgraded
  • 353 posts
My only concern would be with the T5's, as the plants get bigger/taller, the light loses intensity much faster with them as opposed to a 600/1000w hid. I found that my first run of veggies started stretching as they got bigger under the 4' 8 bulb t5's I had. Love them for seedlings to say 10" tall. Also, you can't hang them up higher for more coverage. Same reason as before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users