Ordering seeds or bag seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Leetikus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Title says it, does it make a big difference?

2. What do u think?

3. i dont know, never grown seeds bought online, so i asked the question, please don't give me any smart ass answers.

4. In my opinion yes. I wont bother with bag seed. I enjoy being able to pick different strains, and get femmed seeds so I don't have to mess with males.

5. i've only grown bagseed, however, what i've grown this time (sample from the plant halfway through flowering) is the best bud i've ever smoked.. it's gonna hard to keep my little fingers off of this plant and let it finish lol and not drastically hurt my yield..

6. Not knowing your skill level I'll assume you're a novice and this is one of your first grows. If it were me, I would grow out some bag seed and wait a couple of grows to buy seeds.

You can find some rare gems in bag seeds and won't be disappointed. This thread is full of bag seed harvest pics to give you an idea what can be had.

Chunk

7. I have tried bag seed pretty much with every grow and thanked god I had good genetics also because every friggin bag seed hermied on me. It sucks to grow a crop and have it ruin itself four weeks into flowering. Been there not fun
    Go for good genetic you can get online.
    Star47 best strain ever. IMO fruity tons of cristals a nice fruity skunky smell and nice dense nuggets

8. yes, this indeed, this is my 3rd grow and i'm still not ready to actually buy seeds..

first year i learned about soil, 2nd year i learned about training/topping..this year i put both together and should have some good smoke... this spring i'm gonna learn about light deprevation and multiple harvests in a year... and have had soils and organics cooking all season for that grow :)

starting to get exciting!!!

9. The strain makes the difference, not where it came from:D
    If you're new to growing and not comfortable trying your seed starting abilities on "store bought" strains, by all means try it with bag seed. But... how was the pot in the bag?
    If it came from some really good 'juana with "just a few" seeds, then chances are that a hermie pollinated the plant. Yes, this might carry the hermie trait, but it might not. And it also means that the seed is almost definitely going to be feminized. And if the original was good smoke, the seeds will grow good smoke.

Then again, if the bag was average run of the mill street brick, whatever you grow will probably be better, but not really worth the effort of a full grow.

Once you're comfortable with your seed popping abilities, like Joker said, it's hard to beat the variety of the online seed banks. And having someone else do the work to get feminized seeds can be helpful as well.

Hope this helps, bestaluck to ya.

10. Thats a yes and no answer. If you order from the top name seed banks out there you get mature well developed strains for the most part. You can buy them feminized which means the chance of it being female is 99%. Your getting a strain that is known to grow X amount, produce X amount of bud, produce X amount of percentage of THC.

Google Attitude Seed Bank and see all that you can buy if you haven't.

Bag seed will you will never know if its even viable but if you got it with a bag you bought then who cares just a matter of trying. Your at the mercy of whatever you bought, and high possibility of them being all males. People say 50/50 chance but theres no reason why every seed you ever got wasn't a male...or a female.

Another factor to is the quality. Im growing Reserva Privada OG Kush#18. Well Reserva's line up is primo. Highly engineered by them for some primo weed and excellent smoking. Could you get the same in bag seed sure but you could also spend years trying or you can simply pay 30-40 bucks for some beans and they usually through in a couple free ones. Sometimes if you hit there promotions right you get a equal amout of free seeds with your order. I have a tin full of just freebies.