Let's Build an Ebb&Gro 6 Site System

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jakesterjammin, Sep 24, 2012.

1. No, I wash my hydroton...

Yes you could do it that way too..
    But the bucket would always have to be elevated, which did not fit into my personal grow..
    Again, simply showing how versatile the Ebb&Gro system is, as you setup would be different than mine... ;)

Yes, the system can be converted into DWC with a header tank and replacing the inserts with net pot lids...

No, they never get that long to cause blockage...
    Also why if I were to convert it to DWC, I would not suggest Rdwc because if that issue..
    But still better than ANY rDWC out there, simply because it uses 3/4" tubing where most all are 1/2" lines...

:wave:

2. Is it easy to separate the roots? I'm thinking of re-using all my perlite, I've gone through like $100 worth of the stuff lol.

3. Ya, all I do is peal off the bottom layer of root mass and shake....
    2-3 minutes of that all the hydroton is out of the root ball...

Done.....

Perlite is a COMPLETELY different story... ;)

4. Just re-read this DIY again. The first time, completely missed how the control bucket worked or its value. Not the case this time around. JJ, helping noobs since 1901 :poke:

5. Hi,

I just want to make sure I'm understanding everything.
    The water pump activates, pumps water into the control bucket(which makes sure your system doesn't overflow) from the reservoir. The water entering the control bucket flows through the manifold and fills the six buckets to feed the plants.
    After a set amount of time, the pump deactivates and the water returns through the same manifold, through the control bucket back into the reservoir through the hose attached to the pump?
    Is the control bucket lower than the six buckets?

Thanks in advance,
    Adim

6. You got it, bro!

7. This whole time I've been researching into Ebb&Gro/Flood and Drain systems I've thought that the water couldn't return through the water pump, it was a one way system. My head just exploded this is so awesome and simple.

8. Yeah, itll just drain right back through it. :wave:

9. Ya I even use the Sunleaves 1350gph pump as an external pump.....
    So that's my nutrient res for the 12 sites in my flowering room, and that pump feeds the system...
    When it turns off, everything upstairs simply drains back through the pump and into the res....

[​IMG]

:wave:

10. Hi JJ I know this is a old thread,I'm new on GC but I'm old school i started hydro in early 90s,I haven't grown indoor for over 10yrs,when I started there wasn't much around ie:equip/nutes. How much things have changed and now with the Internet how easy it is to get strains.I live in Aust so it's all hush hush,but all my time I've grown the only problem I've had is from my own friends lol.Its taken me yrs to learn from this mistake.Love the way you got your shit down & I'm defently stealing ideas from yourself.Peace out......

11. Very cool of you to put this tutorial together. I just had one of those eureka moments when I saw your pump setup. I thought: why the hell is my pump in my res, unnecessarily adding heat. Definitely going to change that after the current run. Thanks!

12. I have a few spare net pots kicking around that fit the tops of 5 gallon pales, I think they are about 6 inches deep, would you suggest I still use the 5gallon pales with the holes drilled or will the baskets work the same?

13. Hey Jake what size of a controller bucket would you use, if you were using 5g buckets. Something bigger ?

14. You're mixing two systems....
    I would suggest the insert if you're going to use Ebb&Gro...
    But the net pot lid if you're going to add air and do a DWC bubble bucket...

5, 6, or 7gal...
    The 6gal buckets gives you a little bit deeper flood...

15. Total BS.  After the site updates a;; your pictures in the DIY are gone

16. Ya bummer.....
    I'll have to dig them up and get a mod to fix the first post.....
    Funny because there is not even a reference to the images I had in the first post.....  :huh:

17. Bummer I was really excited to read this one. No Picts to reference. :(

18. Hey jamsterjammin, could you get the pictures fixed? I would really like to see what you did.

Thanks

19. We want pics :p

miđdy

20. Or if you don't have a larger bucket for a control bucket you can make your own , 6" drainage pipe & an end cap job done. ;)

miđdy

Attached Files: