DIY - How to take micro pictures with your phone

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Micahsk, Sep 22, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Shirogane7"']What megapixels are your cameras?[/quote]

iPhone 4. Works decent

This pic isn't zoomed at all;. Other then the little glass piece. You can zoom yourself

Attached Files:

2. don't bother zooming your phone, it is a digital zoom.
    Not actually optically zooming, that's what the lens does for you.
    You can digitally zoom in an editing program on your phone or pc.

Super DIY!
    Scratch that, Super Stoney DIY!
    :smoking:

3. I love it, perfect for my budget. Now to find a bobby pin. Do girls still use them? Try finding a regular clothespin nowdays. LIke looking for hens teeth in my part of the country.

4. my ex is a hairdresser, there are billions all over my flat, I'm always coming across them
    the lens idea is literally genius! I love it. just yesterday I was photographing stuff with it. I got a pretty cool close up on a fly's face

5. My girlfiend is a stylist as well and at my house I only found 1 laying around, just one. Her place where her salon is, I would bet there are many as well. Just bought some super glue to hold the little lens in place on the bobby pin. Now I am off to the photoshoot in my grow room. The lens is truly genius.

6. The creativity I find on this site is a beautiful thing, I have probably saved at least a hundred bucks on this site. Nice thinking with the laser lens! Definitely going to try this

7. This is absolutely fabulous! I'll be sure to do this when the time comes to get some pics of my trichs.

8. ^ This

9. Glad to see everyone likes my guide. I love giving back to the community

10. I am so gonna try this!!! Just recently stumbled upon this forum n am loving it. I already have plans to make quite a few things that I've found on here

11. Don't have any good on me to take pictures of but here's my carpet and a rock lol

image-2632393358.jpg

image-2978725593.jpg

12. image-3436961856.jpg

image-2341463993.jpg

image-3725008303.jpg

image-2812701779.jpg

Some pics of some Hawaiian kush

13. Just did this DIY since I'm going to start seeing trichs on my plants soon. I need a new bobby pin but this is awesome. Very good DIY!

14. I still use this to look at my trichs whenever I need to. It's not FANTASTIC for taking pictures unless you have a way to hold your phone 100% steady but you can easily see clear/milky/amber.

15. Glad everyone is liking it.

16. I took apart an old disposable camera and used that lens. It works alright. I saw it on a silly "life hack" video, about turning a stapler in to a prank stapler that shocks people

Buttt....Cool idea, I wouldn't have thought of it myself. :)

17. #39 Navarone, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    Hrm I was just about to post about the disposable camera :/ you beat me to it. Don't use super glue, the vapor will stick to your fingerprints on the lens and mess it all up. Hot glue will probably work just fine.

You can get them for free from any place that takes them. I went to Walmart and just asked nicely for a couple and the guy gave me like 10.

For good quality macro you need a glass lens. A legit 10x is good for close up, but true macro you need someing stronger like a true 30x. Trich peeking needs a little stronger than 10x, it'll work by hand but if you put a camera in front of it the magnification factor goes down. Watch out though, the cheapo "30x triplet loupe" you see for 5-10 bucks is a fakeo, it's really a 10x and the quality is hit or miss. Do a little research on stamp or rock/gem forums and you'll find the right amazon or eBay seller that has a good batch. I bought a belomo 10x for $30 and really, the results speak for themselves. It was that or a Bosch and Lomb and this had a larger lens for easier viewing. This is from an iPhone 5.

Attached Files:

18. + rep for sharing the knowledge

-Joe