Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating resin, and why its super cool to do so.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by justin_m, Sep 21, 2012.

1. But is there any science that says we shouldn't? I feel like people are just applying their own theories here...

Not feeling anything yet...might not have eaten enough, or maybe I just haven't given it enough time. Still haven't smoked or eaten though, so we'll see.

2. I am just giving my opinion and I think its ridiculous. I don't really think stomachs are to be used for something like that. I don't even believe its really bad for you but it may be and thats enough for me to never do this
    Good luck, hope it does well and gets you high as shit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ohhh geez....is this another "smoke the seeds" thread??

• Like Like x 1
  4. I"m just not sure if something like this should be advertised..

• Like Like x 2
  5. [quote name='"d0p35m0k3r"']I like to pop a buncha rez caps, wash them down with some bong water, and then I eat the following shit I take just to be extra sure that no THC goes to waste :poke:[/quote]

Haha nice... Hmm resin gel caps sounds interesting. I haven't ever done that but if I get a fruity blend of bud I like to chew the stems in between tokes

6. No, because seeds don't contain usable levels of THC, but resin definitely does.

7. I aint eating any resin..

I bid u good day sir.

8. I have used resin to cook into my coconut oil to act as a decent base to add more potent buds to later.

Honestly did not taste it in the end product, but I did just make cannacapsules from the oil.

Sucks when you don't have access to hash and decently priced buds to begin with. So waste not want not. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  9. [quote name='"PackItIn"']

It was in a gel cap. I'm assuming that's an empty pill capsule, if this is so then how would you taste the resin?[/quote]

Ohh i didnt know wat a gel cap was... But still how can you take weed like its a pill or summin lol

10. So... I'm guessing it didn't work and that op is a troll that got you to eat resin? :eek:

11. The thing about eating resin raw, or cannabis raw, is that glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to break down and absorb.

While you can still get high eating raw cannabis/resin, it really depends on many factors, such as how decarbed it is, how low one's tolerance is, the amount of fat that is still in your stomach from previous meals and the types of fats that have been taken in, the bodys ability to mix the oils/fats with the cannabis that you ingested in time for it to be carried into cells before being too broken down and passed through your system, ect.

Given all the right circumstances, you can get high, but there are too many factors for it to be reliable.

If you process the material in an appropriate fat source, MCT and coconut oil are great carriers for the cannabinoids and are readily absorbed by the body, and apply heat long enough and at the right temperature to break down the glandular material and attach it to the oil without degrading the potency of the cannabinoids, you will get high, guaranteed (tolerance must also be considered).

12. Uuugggh......If the OP is not trolling he should do himself a favor and get a nice whip vape like a silver surfer and then eat that "resin" or wand hash problem solved.......your welcome.

I thought I heard somewhere that resin has only 5% actives in it so he may not be totally trolling but you would have to eat like over a gram to even get the equivalent of a single dose medical edible. Vapor is so much healthier, tastier, efficient, you get ABV for cooking and wand hash. It's superior in every way fuck combustion.

13. fuck ...i been cooking and eating my resin in coconut oil long time now....can strain that shit out after cooking...
    tastes like shit...
    but i eat it!

is really worth it!

14. I swear half the people that commented in this thread only read the title.

15. I've been doing this since '98.

16. [quote name='"Billygo"']I've been doing this since '98.[/quote]

I've been at it since '87

17. I have done this, I thought no one else would dare. Back when weed still contained THC in my country.

I used gel caps to, makes you really high, when you have nothing. This is why weed should be legal, because some people find it difficult to cope without. A few days can be a nightmare for people who have different mind-sets/minds/personalities.

18. Brother, Im not sure how far you live from the 540 area code (where Iam at), but if it so bad that they got you eating resin, catch a ride down here and we'll smoke you out.

19. #60 XiaoGG, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    OP, you're only making yourself sound like a fiend that doesn't have enough bud trying to rationalize something that's nasty. You can get high off sniffing human shit, doesn't mean it's the super cool thing to do.

And I believe someone has already mentioned that to use that "edible" best it needs a fat source to go along with it.