Would this potassium tea work?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by moserdog, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Ive been doing a guerilla organic outdoor grow this year which hapens to be my first grow and the only nutes ive used have been pieces of banana peels for flowering since they contain lots of potassium....the peels seem to attract deer and other animals so would boiling them in water and feeding that to my plant work? let me know

2. The following recipe is from Gil Carandang and is a Fermented Plant Extract that contains Banana/Squash/Papaya. This link has instructions on preparing many different home made fertilizers.

3. [quote name='"Chunk"']The following recipe is from Gil Carandang and is a Fermented Plant Extract that contains Banana/Squash/Papaya. This link has instructions on preparing many different home made fertilizers.

[/quote]

^^^ word!
    Solid advice from a master gardener (literally).
    And if it means anything i use BSP ferments regularly and have fantastic results.

4. This may be a silly question, but does the high sugar content of the bananas cause the F\BSP to go alcoholic faster than a comfrey or dandelion tea for instance?

5. [quote name='"poppybgood"']This may be a silly question, but does the high sugar content of the bananas cause the F\BSP to go alcoholic faster than a comfrey or dandelion tea for instance?[/quote]

That is not a silly question at all. In fact its a very wise question to ask.

Alcohol and vinegar (acetic acid / lactic acid) are dependent on the type of microbial infection. Gil Carandang recommends a natural "open air" style of fermentation. Meaning that what ever aerobic microbes infect the fermentation will determine predominantly what type of fermentation it will be.

Basically if it is infected with "wild yeasts" it will be alcoholic. But when the ferment is exposed to excessive open air it will become vinegar. Think of what happens to wine when its left out.

So if you add lacto bacillus cultures to your fermentation it will ensure that the fermentation stays lactic acid / acetic acid and not alcoholic.

But also yeasts (fungi) like more starchy food sources, where as bacteria like more simple easy to breakdown food sources like simple sugars (molasses). So if you follow the Gil C methods you'll be fine.

HTH
    SD

6. Thx guys great advice!