Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to increase tendon and ligament strength?

• Please log in to reply

BP to the DP

BP to the DP

Bowlpack to the Domepiece

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,061 posts
Hey everyone, i used to work out a lot, but eight months ago i had an injury and I'm just getting back into lifting. I benched like two weeks ago, yes i started off with very light weight, but i ended up with two pulled muscles and a tendon in my elbow was hurt. I took care of them so now I'm fine, but is there any way i can increase the strength of my tendons to make sure i don't damage them? My original injury caused a bad case of tendonitis, all I'm pretty sure that weak tendons caused it. I'm assuming just start off even lighter, but does anybody know of any stretches or something like that that i can do?

Fakir

Fakir

GC's Indian Gandalf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,634 posts
im not sure this is the wway for you, but when i do pull ups it really nicely and gradually strengthens my tendons etc, i dont know what to do to say about legs, maybe jogging?

SmokingFish

SmokingFish

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,304 posts
Believe it or not, tendon soups help.

Of course working out is greatly needed.

SIRSOG

SIRSOG

Hero of Time

• 37,851 posts

Pickle McSmurf

Pickle McSmurf

Ghost Crew 4 Life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,891 posts
Resistance cables are good

Trogdor

Trogdor

Pot Monster

• Registered Upgraded
  • 526 posts
I had tendon issues when resuming weight lifting too. Elbows, shoulders, knees, everthing.

but I kept the workouts light and the volume low for the first few weeks, and abnormal pains went away. I think you'll find the same results. Things will strengthen as they should just by doing the regular exercises.

When I started to get those tendon/joint pains, I would stop and call it a workout (at least for that body part) After about a month, they quit occuring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users