Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How much does it cost to run a indoor grow

• Please log in to reply

Manc andy

Manc andy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Does any 1 hav any idea how much will cost to run a grow room I have 2 600 watt lights and exhaust n intake fans was thinking ov wiring up the fuse box to get sum free electric but am thinking if I did get busted I'd get in more trouble for stealing electric then having the plants is there anything I can get that will save me getting huge bill at the end ov my grow

cl4ysays

cl4ysays

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Easy math figure out your peak an off peak electric rate name it 'x'

Now do the math to figure out your usage. KWh which for you with just your lights is 1.2 per hour being used due to two 600 watt fixtures. Multiply 1.2 times your daily hours on then multiply times 30 or 31 now multiply times x and there's a rough idea of your Bill.

Manc andy

Manc andy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok thanks for the help just hope after I've worked it out it won't put me off trying my next grow .is it a gd idea not lettin the meter reading guy in to take reading in till after my grows done read sum where they could inform the cops if there's a big increase in usage

hello ladies

hello ladies

What's in your closet?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,252 posts
a 600 should cost ~$30/mo or so in 12/12

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

• lbezphil2005 likes this

Manc andy

Manc andy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks sum gd info for me there . the bit bout ur comp being more powerful then 1 ov my lights lmao

cl4ysays

cl4ysays

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Lol 600 watts+ is a serious power supply. What about using cfls compared to hps and mh. The heat out put is another factor.

rhapsodyrcks

rhapsodyrcks

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,164 posts

Does any 1 hav any idea how much will cost to run a grow room I have 2 600 watt lights and exhaust n intake fans was thinking ov wiring up the fuse box to get sum free electric but am thinking if I did get busted I'd get in more trouble for stealing electric then having the plants is there anything I can get that will save me getting huge bill at the end ov my grow

You know that is considered a State Felony in just about all 50 states, Federal if you get caught stealing it from a US Government facility.

In nearly all big cites to include small places digital electric meters are in place. The days of analog are over. They transmit to the utility the amount of energy that is being used.

Im pretty sure that if I got a power bill with a extra 1200+ watts billed to me I would instantly call them or look for the connection then follow it then dial 3 numbers be done deal. Then if I caught someone doing that on my property you'd most likely be introduced to the nice right that Americans get thats wrapped up in the 2nd Amendment.

That being said energy is not as expensive as you would think it is depending on where you live and what times you run your lights.

Use this handy calculator to figure it out. You need to know your price per kilowatt hour in your area which is on your bill or google it.

Costs Calculator

Jmosley

Jmosley

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,059 posts
Moral problems aside (although they should be enough of a reason) unless you know 100% what you're doing, messing around with your wiring is a bad idea.

My 1kw hps and fans run me about $30 a month. Like most people I wasn't very anal about unplugging computers, shutting off TV's/lights before I started growing. Being more aware of those things and getting my wife and kid to practice better habits more then compensated for the added consumption of the grow. One of the biggest money savers was not using the dishwasher as often and when we do, don't have it on it's hottest setting. Generating heat uses a ton of power be it a stove, water heater or just household heaters.

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

cl4ysays

cl4ysays

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Makes sense. I use a 2'x2' closet I just worry about the heat but then again I haven't built a room with ventilation in mind. I'm a newb lol that's also why I'm using bag seed.

Project ICE

Project ICE

Norml NJ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,495 posts
This should definitely be stickied....

Alot of good responses in here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users