The Lonely Thread

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SassyMelassy, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Super lonely. I don't even have friends. I say I don't have friends because I don't know how to talk to people but I don't really meet people who I am all too compatible with.
    I just want somebody to live independently and harmoniously with. It's actually killing me, but I just bought a new awesome bong so going to make friends with that in the meantime.

2. So Saturday night she texted me 'I just applied for a job out of state, can I use you as a reference?' I said of course.

Then a little later I sent: "You moving away being such a tangible possibility, I guess it would be pointless to talk you into a relationship now." - that being how I broached the subject.

She said: "Yeah, but you know I'm not looking to be in a relationship with anyone."

I said: "Yeah, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from trying."

And I haven't heard from her since. I may see her tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out what the fallout will be...

3. #48123 SassyMelassy, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Gah. I felt some pangs in my heart reading this. Fucking sucks to connect with someone and realize it doesn't mean as much you hoped it could.

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoPmX30GVTY

5. Drank a bottle of wine to ease the sadness today. Let's chat

6. #48126 Fza, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Man I am down to talk anytime just shoot a PM :)

First time poster in this thread and have read a lot and I feel the same way as a lot of people here. I have been in this relationship for almost 5 now and have many mixed feeling about it. I have been dating my current girlfriend since high school but things haven't been going to well for awhile now. She has many anger problems and often takes it out on me though physical abuse. On an almost daily basis I either get punched in the face or smacked or something. I find it really hard because I really do "love" this girl or at least believe I do but it is hard when you feel so alone because of your relationship. Just wanted to know if there is anyone else in a relationship who still feels alone?? 

7. Lol yeah weed is the best.

Also wanted to second the above in saying if anyone fees super sad and bored or lonely they can feel free to pm me as well, I'm up all hours lol.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Yeah.  It's alright though - thankfully, this isn't my first or even fourth heartbreak, so I've gotten pretty good at dealing with it.  I'll be alright B)

Especially if dude comes through with some smoke this evening...

9. im pretty jealous of my close friends' relationship. i used to like her, years ago lol but yeah dont have those feelings anymore. just jealous theyve been together so long, and are so good together. 

this sucks

10. m soon to be 53 n I don't remember not feelin alone...even in a crowd as they say...I have 4 women chasin me rt now...n the companionship is great...for a few days n then m alone even if m not...def why m still single...gotta meet the Woman that feels the same...weekends n or a few days a mo...then I stay interested...but soon as I feel alone s time for me to go to the desert or mountains n be Really Alone...s where m Home

11. #48131 SassyMelassy, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Well, it appears I have been a fool as always.
    out of the blue he tells me he is still in love with his ex and since then things have been unraveling.
    My heart is absolutely destroyed.
    I'm so in love with him but I can't do this.
    He says he doesn't want to break up but I can't hover here in limbo. I told him from the beginning, it's all or nothing for me.
    He's coming over tonight. I can feel it in my gut this is the end. Already.
    I'm so disappointed and angry and hurt and lonely beyond words.
    I did it to myself. I opened myself up completely and I should have known better. I do know better. But the connection I felt is real.
    I know he has feelings for me. But he's in no place to be in a relationship. Not with me or anyone else.
    So I have to let him go. :(

12. What a shame. I'm sorry to read this.

13. I'm sorry to type it. I'm distraught. Every cell in my body hurts. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't focus on anything.
    I don't want to go home because my house is full of his things and they just haunt me.
    I want to curl up into a ball and disappear but I still have to take care of my son.
    None of the heartache I've ever felt compares to this. :(
    I'm doomed.

14. #48134 левша, Mar 4, 2015
    nvm

15. He is my reason to be. I fight to make it through each day for him. He is absolutely the light at the end of the tunnel and I am forever grateful that I have him.

16. #48136 Majestic Raven, Mar 4, 2015
    I randomly just saw this thread as the most recent thread in the lifestyle section. My first thought was I shouldn't click on this thread because I may have found a new home.

Good news is some of this page has been funny as fuck :laughing:

Edit: It was not this page. My bad :eek:  The page I quoted from had some good posts.

17. i was hoping to tell you something along the lines of the light he has within him, should keep whatever darkness you have at bay. Yes i am half quoting dexter. But i strongly hope and believe, that as long as you have your son you could try to remember the light you carry with you. I know it gets old, but keep it refreshed... I dont have much else advice to give, which is why i said nvm.. Honestly, all i know about is pretending everything isnt as bad as it is, and filling my head with whatever i can to push all the other shit out... But as long as you got him, you aren't doomed, saying stuff like that and believing it can in essence make you doomed though..

18. I am doomed when it comes to romantic love.
    I can't really see positives right now. Everything hurts.
    But I will make it through this like I've made it through all the heartbreaks before.
    I'm not going to let this pull me back into the throes of a serious depression. I will grieve for a couple of weeks and hopefully the pain will subside enough to carry on with business as usual.

19. #48139 левша, Mar 4, 2015
    idk about this guy or how long u been with but a few weeks probably wont cut it, hell its been 4 years and i cant see much progress.. but all will seem hopeless for a while and then something or someone will surprise you yet again, it can be looked at like a vicious cycle if you please..
    Anyway, it will look grim for now, but really, no one needs to ruin their state of mind continuously, depending on how you look at things it just might get easier, though i dont know, no one knows anything. You can always look forward to tomorrow, its a new mystery everyday
    Edit: Dammit i keep hitting send before im done
    I forgot where i was going with that... I hope you make the most out of the sadness you have with you, i learned some really cool things within this time period, good luck

20. I'm curious, why do any of you still feel lonely. I was largely left to my own devices throughout my childhood and adolescence, I guess at some point I stopped caring. Why has'nt that happened to you?