The Lonely Thread

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SassyMelassy, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Feeling this right now... Sort of.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

2. "But i love this girl. Or maybe i just love the concept." ...Exactly. She isn't perfect. I thought the same thing about my ex, even when she treated me like shit. Your worth it to someone else. Until you find that someone else don't waste your time on someone who only seems to bring you down.

3. It's been a long time but I'm back on this forum and this thread especially.

I just ended my relationship of one year, my 1st serious relationship and I just feel like dying. He was my 1st love and my only real friend. Tips on how to move on? About to start smoking again so hopefully that'll help.

4. You're going to have to leave man. Sooner or later. I'm going through the same situation. You can do it, it'll be hard but I'm sure your family, friends, and people like me on GC are gonna be there for you.

5. Just take one day at a time, hang out with friends more, and take up a new hobby. You need time and distractions.

6. Focus on loving yourself. Give yourself all the energy you were expending on your s/o And your relationship.
    Do what makes you happy. Find hobbies, do what you're passionate about, make friends, learn, seek new experiences.
    it's ok to mourn the loss of your relationship but don't get stuck in the rut (which is easy to do.)
    Keep your head up. :)

7. Got a lady friend I've been hanging out with a bit for a few months.  I'm not gonna say I'm falling for her - I'm too jaded in that regard - but I would like to give it a shot.  Problem is, she has said that she absolutely doesn't want to get into a relationship, and wants to concentrate on developing her desired career.  I respect that completely, but part of me wants to ask why 'relationship' should automatically translate to 'life-inhibiting burden'.

We've had one sexual encounter.  She was stressed and sexual frustration was getting the better of her, so I happily volunteered to go down on her.  Easily the most fun I've ever had eating pussy; damn it was hot, and I won't soon forget it.

I've been helping her with a project she's wanted to get started, acting as her producer.  We have lots of laughs and a good bit of fun.  It provides a bit of the happiness I rarely get to feel.

So I've had a few late nights, struggling with lust and the desire for that simple soul-warming, contented feeling of close human contact.

But I also worry about what would happen if we did get together, in regards to some of my family.  She's black, and though I love them, there are a few in my family who are racist fucks.  It would feel shitty, but I guess I'd just have to be disowned <_<

And then last night... was bittersweet... without going into drawn-out detail, I found that if I prodded her, with little effort, she would likely relent.  So I have to decide if I should obey her mind's wishes, or grab hold of her willing heart...

Anyway, I just felt the need to let that out.

8. Sit down and talk to her about it. If you have a connection with her I say give it a shot. If you don't you may always wonder "what if."

9. Definitely. You don't want to let it pass you by

10. My ex texted again this morning saying she had another dream about me. I dont know why shes telling me this again. Shes got me all fucked up on it though. I could never be her friend. I miss her so much and i wish i could tell her so bad. Im in a bad situation and its only going to get more interesting. Im ready for it, i think good things will come. Its gunna suck though. Thank god for hash

11. Sounds rough...me and my lady are going through some weird patch right now too. Can't tell if we will be together much longer.
    I do hope we are though! She wants to go be a single free person before settling down.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. #48112 sublimesun, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    Thats sucks man. Just gotta find the right one. Me and my girl are in a rough patch and have been for too long. Ive just got to wait until this week on a day where we dont work so she can come get her stuff. I wish she would leave her ps4 lol

13. Lol oh man if my girl took the ps4 I would be so sad can't live without that shit

I probably will.  Need to wait just a little bit though - long story, but we both have a lot going on that has us super stressed at the moment.  I sense timing at this point would not be well received.  A couple of weeks should allow outside forces to chill the fuck out.

15. That might be a good idea, I wish I had done that..

16. Miss having someone to text or talk to whenever.

17. Just wanted to drop in and give everyone feeling lonely a little "hang in there". Obviously we all know the regular platitude of " there's more fish in the sea" or whatever. Well fuck that, let yourself feel that sadness and loneliness. But then afterwards, smoke a bowl, and try to put it all into perspective.

If it still sucks I say smoke another bowl;)
    But really we are all awesome people who can and indeed will find happiness and acceptance someday,

18. My ex just said she never wants to talk again out of no where after telling me she saw my face in the middle of the night. I don't know what the fuck to make of this.

19. #48119 Deleted member 157047, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Love is a virulent seed that feeds on insecurity and loneliness, and blooms into a thorny vine destined to strangle the heart, leaving ragged scars all over.

Yeah, fuck love.

20. Thank goodness weed is amazing.  Helps with break ups and depression like I never thought possible.

My ex-lady just left me recently. She is a gorgeous brazilian, plays video games, is chill as hell. Yes! Imagine my screw up i feel inside, but its a long story!
    Usually I would drink myself into oblivion to help with the pain inside with a break up and until I found a new lady.  Not healthy or smart, but I always showed up to work on time and sober.  But thanks to weed, I now don't get as down as before.  I am more accepting of it.  Wake up sober and feel at ease and relaxed.  Then repeat.

Things will get better, and I'll find the person I am suppose to be with.  As will everyone else here.  It sucks being single though.